Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

GP or not GP??

(3 Posts)

I'm like you and felt unsure, my Gp was amazing and I had blood tests to see if I was menopausal. Had brilliant advise and given advice on ways forward. Would def say go and have a chat with your GP.

Hassled Wed 23-Jan-13 16:21:27

Your symptoms do sound very menopausal but you are quite young - I think you should see your GP who can do a hormone level test which will confirm where things are. I know some people are anti-HRT but I have to say that for me it's helped massively to alleviate the symptoms you described - certainly it's worth discussing with your GP to see if it would be appropriate.

FizzB Wed 23-Jan-13 16:16:41

So, having read the really useful - and comforting - perimenopasue thread I am now fairly sure that it's not my mind I'm losing! Thank you!!

My question is this; I'm 42 & for the last year or so my very regular periods have been very light or, some months non-existent. I have trouble concentrating, am forgetful, have periods of anxiety or black depression, occasional dizziness, occasional palpitations, occasional night sweats and now, for the last two days, a very low body temperature (around 34 degrees) that's causing constant uncomfortable warmth. Is this perimenopause? When does it become menopause? And do I need to see my GP??

Oh, and if any of you have read any books that can make sense of this new adventure (!) I'd be really grateful for ideas (something positive and relatively light hearted!!)

Reall hope you can help, I've no idea who else to ask!!

L

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now