Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

coil ? help ?

(29 Posts)
wifeymerrick Tue 08-Jan-13 07:28:29

Hi please help and advise ? Consultant has suggested coil before the last resort before removing ovaries....have read various issues with the coil on line...looking for don't 'real' advice ??

wifeymerrick Sun 13-Jan-13 00:34:38

I'm due to get mine fitted 28th this month. V.nervous but this post has helped...gyna consultant has said that due to my history , crash c section , ivf, PCOS, blah blah blah GA may b necessary....I'm going try without first and foremost obviously ! Again thanks to everybody for response to thread !

ScubaSarah Sun 13-Jan-13 06:39:40

If it helps I had mine fitted a few weeks after TOP at 8 weeks. No previous CB. No major issues. Take Nurofen Plus before you go and good luck x

Sneets Sun 13-Jan-13 07:03:19

It is super now. Had mine in 14 months. Was awful at first but I knew to persevere.
I blew up like the mitchelin man and took a while for all the bleeding to totally stop. I bled on and off random for about 4 months. But it did all settle down after about 6 months. Sounds a long time but it's not really in the scheme of things. No periods is super at 43! After them coming every 3 weeks, and all the build up hormonally. Periods took over my life but now nothing.

Scholes34 Mon 18-Feb-13 13:33:11

Had one fitted because of very heavy periods, so that is now a thing of the past, and fantastic. It's now two years since I had the Mirena fitting, and just recently I've started to put on weight. Eating and exercise patterns haven't changed, so I'm wondering if it's the coil. Does anyone else have similar experiences here with weight gain?

Re the fitting - I took painkillers about an hour before it was fitted, and it was perfectly bearable. I think I'd read too much about how paintful the fitting would be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now