Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Good books re menopause

(4 Posts)
MissBoPeep Tue 01-Jan-13 18:19:14

Jenny Murrays book is very out of date now. It's not a medical book- just her personal experiences and those of other minor celebs- such as Edwina Curry. I wouldn't recommend it.

Itwillendinsmiles Tue 01-Jan-13 15:43:05
MissBoPeep Mon 31-Dec-12 09:03:48

"Your Change, Your Choice" by Michael Dooley. (Eminent gynae experienced in menopause) It's a mix of alterative and traditional treatments and includes diet, exerciise, yoga, herbs, supplements etc as well as loads of info on traditional HRT etc.

sweetfluffybunnies Mon 31-Dec-12 07:17:17

Can anyone recommend a really good book explaining the menopause- what, why, when etc, and not too sciency.

There seem to be loads of books about puberty for teenagers but not so much for the more mature ladies! But maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks for any suggestions. I think it's starting for me and I don't feel very well-informed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now