Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

sudden onset of low mood after first period for 9 months

(1 Post)
lirael Thu 20-Dec-12 11:38:54

Had been feeling so much better, mood-wise, since my last period 9 months ago, having suffered from anxiety and low-level depression all the way through my 40s (I'm 52 now). Then, out of the blue, had a period which started 10 days ago and lasted about 7 days - no problems while it was going on, but for the last two days I've been hit with a sudden feeling of depression - feeling unable to cope, world about to crash in on me, tearful, anxious etc. Yesterday it lasted most of the day, today it was very bad this morning, but has gone off now. I guess it's hormonal, but wondered if anyone had felt similar? Seems weird that it's happened after the event...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now