Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

ovarian cyst

(6 Posts)
Worley Sun 16-Dec-12 23:30:06

have you recently had ICSI? and your post menopausal ? or have i understood your initial post wrong?
in a non post menopausal women simple cysts up to 30mm are a normal part of cycle as often a dominat follicle. pco cysts are 10mm and under so it's not likely to be due to that.
bleeding can be due to hormones and non related to cyst to which are sometimes jut an incidental find.

wifeymerrick Sun 16-Dec-12 22:41:40

Thank you guys for replying, I feel I'm not alone tonight in am unusually quiet house ! I'll let u know what she says tomorrow....my last app the cyst was 8.5 and on three weeks its now 12 so I'm panic struck ! I've also got PCOS so trying really hard not to worry x

CabbageLeaves Sun 16-Dec-12 22:32:02

Hi wifey

I can't promise it's nothing horrible smile but but BUT the ICSI treatment may have caused a functional cyst which is sending your normones nuts and causing all this

wifeymerrick Sun 16-Dec-12 22:29:06

I had icsi and its every since then...each bleed lasts about six days :-( its bad, really heavy and sore ! I know its good I'm going but I'm now all worried thinking its cancer and all sorts !

Worley Sun 16-Dec-12 22:17:27

how long have you been post menopausal for and how long has the bleeding been going on? it is period type bleeding or spotting?
don't worry about it to much! it a good thing seeing consultant tomorrow.

wifeymerrick Sun 16-Dec-12 22:12:20

Really worried bleeding every two weeks....going in to see consultant tomorrow due to a 12cm cyst !!! Sitting awake alone DH and DS sound asleep ! Really teary reassurance needed mumsnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now