Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Are more frequent periods a sign of menopause?

(3 Posts)
MissBoPeep Fri 23-Nov-12 08:47:30

Yes smile

My cycles went down to 16-17 days at one stage, the reverted to normal 28ish again, then I had pretty regular periods right up to missing around 4 in a row.

LaDawnCP Fri 23-Nov-12 07:25:23

I have been perimenopausal for about 18 months and my doctor said one of the symptoms for some women are periods that are wildly unpredictable. My periods are sometimes 20 days apart and sometimes 63 days apart. It is never the same. I have an app on the iPhone called FMC (don't know what the F stands for but MC is Menstrual Calendar). You can easily enter each day of your periods and the severity (which is also wildly varied). The app then provides stats on when your next period should start. This has been very useful when speaking with my doctor about treatment. It doesn't stop menopause but it helps me feel like I'm more aware of what's going on with my body.

Bomper Thu 22-Nov-12 12:15:53

I was quite looking forward to long gaps between periods as my menopause approached but I seem to be getting them more frequently (this latest one after only 3 and a half weeks). Is this normal or should I see the GP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now