Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

alcohol and perimenopause - bad combination?

(3 Posts)
canoodle Mon 14-Jan-13 12:28:30

I have the same as you - susceptibility to migraine and a much lower ability to tolerate alcohol. I find that drinking little and often is now out of the question for me, so am stopping drinking at home (which is healthier anyway, though very boring!) I think I can drink 1-2 glasses of red wine or beer once or twice a week without problems - white wine is out completely.

whizmum Fri 16-Nov-12 14:19:42

I have had crushing headache, sickness (no aura) and very sensitive to dehydration during week off combined pills and assumed it was oestrogen withdrawal. I have been a month on progesterone only and it has gone smile I don't know if I may have had menopause or not confused

whenwillisleepagain Fri 16-Nov-12 10:19:34

Perimenopausal stuff has been going on for me for 18 months. All pretty typical, looking on here. Mainly it seems to mimic a lot of things that I have experienced only during pregnancy - which wasn't long ago, as I had my kids at 39 and 42, and I am now 45. Anyway, latest development, having led a very charmed life of more or less zero headaches, appears to be return of flashy light visual migraine (prev only had when pg) and now crashing headache / nausea. I had a glass of wine the other night and feel like I'm really sensitive to dehydration - again something I experienced whilst pg. So thinking even small amount of alcohol best avoided. Just wondered about your experiences and views

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now