Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ladycare magnet for menopause symptoms

(110 Posts)
sailorsgal Tue 08-Mar-11 15:19:00

I was reading about this the other day and wondered if anyone had tried it? Any good?

Mini05 Fri 22-Aug-14 23:38:52

Magnet user
I just bought one whereabouts do you position yours???

thingumagig Wed 13-Aug-14 10:05:25

By the way I was told about the magnets by a colleague, who was told another colleague . . . good old word of mouth!

thingumagig Wed 13-Aug-14 10:04:26

Hi. Just read almost all the previous posts as I have been doubting the magnets I've been wearing since 13th July and was considering giving up on them. I'm having the odd hot flush but your posts have reminded me how bad I used to get! It's funny how quickly we can forget unpleasant things. Thanks everyone.

Lazysummerdays Fri 08-Aug-14 10:26:23

Both you and your mum would be better off reading the facts, instead of being swayed by opinions- in other words 'research' done by the manufacturers themselves and anecdotal evidence by users.
I'd advise this for any treatment. I am not posting my opinion- I am posting factual information. You seem to have trouble understanding the difference.

If your mum gets relief as a result of the placebo effect that's great- but don't confuse that with properly conducted scientific research.

gembodog Fri 08-Aug-14 08:40:41

I do not have a magnet as i dont need one. Its for my mum who doesnt want to take HRT & is using natural remedies, herbal supplements, chilled pillows etc. I am not "promoting" the product I am frustrated by those posting who dont believe in alternative therapies and are being so dismissive of those who do. 20 years ago things like acupuncture were readily dismissed by medical professionals & are now recommended. If this magnet offers some relief to my mum even if that is in her mind....its good enough for me. If somebody has a different opinion opinion to you & says they had good results they are accused of working for the manufactuer - not quite sure whats behind that !

Lazysummerdays Thu 07-Aug-14 22:47:13

I don't know why you have joined the thread or if you have bought the magnet?
You come along to support a product and appear to have no other posts on MN then attack another poster who is giving helpful advice about the product. Not quite sure what's behind all of that....

I'm not giving an opinion. I'm posting a fact- the fact being there is no scientific basis for the magnet, there have been no independent double-blind trials done, and there are no endorsements for it from drs, as far as I know.

This isn't being opinionated- it's pointing out a fact.

If women want to buy the magnet that's up to them, but it's not acceptable for you to tell people to stop posting facts.

gembodog Thu 07-Aug-14 19:42:50

my message isn't OTT - there is having an opinion & being opinionated of which you are the latter. People come to these threads for help & advise as they are suffering horrible symptoms. They dont need to be spoken down to & made to feel stupid. If this works for some people good for them - what difference does it make to you

Lazysummerdays Thu 07-Aug-14 11:36:43

gem

If you have done your own research them I'm assume you saw this - where a consultant gynaecologist rates the magnet as 0/10?

Magnets in underwear

Your outburst is a bit OTT - it's clear that companies and their employees come along to these forums and promote their products. Many of the posts are deleted by MNHQ .

There is no rule which says someone can't post another point of view.

gghayes1 Wed 06-Aug-14 20:50:45

It keeps you busy doesn't it...

gembodog Wed 06-Aug-14 18:11:44

Lazysummerdays what is your problem ? When you Google Ladymagnet reviews this site comes up, hence the new posters. People have clearly had good experiences based on reviews here and other sites - no it doesn't work for everyone but your nasty suspicious responses to people are uncalled for. We are adults we do our own research - people came to a forum to interact and share views - to use your own words - "Cant quite see why you have taken on the role of moderater Chief Medical Officer"

gghayes1 Sat 02-Aug-14 00:21:02

I bet if one works, two would work even better because most of us have two overy's. I have had one on for a week and a half and I'm finally getting results, ie, less hot flashes during the day and night, clearer thinking although I'm still a little moody. Hopefully that will subside, time will tell.

Lazysummerdays Fri 04-Jul-14 14:11:23

You're not another one working for the company are you smile

Can't quite see why you are taking on the role of a moderator hmm

This is a health forum.
Anyone is entitled to quote scientific research as part of a response to a question.

Would you prefer it if posters ignored research and based their choices purely on anecdotal evidence?

craftylinda123 Fri 04-Jul-14 06:43:50

I have just come across this site whilst trying to find out if anyone has had success with the ladycare magnet (which someone recommended to me) I was quite happily reading through when I came across a post where scientific tests were mentioned. It did quite appear that this poor woman was getting a hard time of it. I thought this was a site where mums were exchanging their experiences,and that's just what I wanted, so let's not have a go at someone telling their story! This is mumsnet, not BMJ.

IndridCold Wed 02-Jul-14 16:13:42

I bought one a couple of months ago after reading this thread, and have worn it ever since. My symptoms hadn't been too bad, but I used to wake up 3 or 4 times a night, often completely drenched in sweat, and had hot flushes from time to time.

I bought the Ladycare prepared for it to make no difference, but it has. I now sleep through the night and haven't had a night sweat since. The only time I have had a hot flush is when I went out one day having forgotten to wear it! I am fully prepared to accept that it has no basis in science and is merely a placebo, but it works for me, and has made a big difference to my life - particularly regarding the sleeping.

foxyron Tue 01-Jul-14 19:59:14

I've been struggling with hot flushes and night sweats for more than 10 years now. Been on various HRT but as soon as I stop back they come with a vengeance. I too read an article about magnets in the knickers and at first poo-poohed the idea, but I decided to give it a go.

I found an old magnetic bookmark lying around in my book cupboard and decided to experiment with that. I have to say that I am really pleased with the result. My hot flushes have been reduced significantly. I haven't yet invested in the Ladycare magnet but my own little experiment seems to back up the claims. Definitely off to Boots tomorrow to grab one. smile

JayJay59 Sat 28-Jun-14 15:33:08

Hi, I am new to this group.
Having read the whole interesting thread about the Ladycare Magnets, I decided to buy one. I started my menopause at age 48 and I am now 55 and still suffering with massive bouts of sweating whenever I exert myself. I had some relief for 3 of the 7 years when my doc put me on Elleste. What a saviour that was! But in 2012 I was taken off of them and the hot flushes returned with a vegeance. I was struggling to cope at work day to day so I put on Kliovance, and the lowest dose of Venlafaxine which basically did nothing to ease the heat, but helped the anxiety! Then I was upgraded to Kliofem, which should have (according to my doc) stopped the flushes. It didn't! The only thing it stopped was the feeling of rising heat and 'attacks' at regular intervals, but the minute I exerted my self or went from a cooler room to heated one I started to profusely sweat. I recently started a job I could walk to, a 10 min walk it was, but by the time I arrived I was literally dripping and soaked from the waist up looking like I had just been swimming! I have even sat in interviews with sweat running down my face looking like a very scared applicant, which I believe cost me the position on one occasion. So here I am, totally desperate to find a 'cure'. My LC magnet arrive today and has cost me £29.99 (+PP) so I have everything tightly crossed and hoping like mad that this will be 'the one'.

Englishkiwi1 Fri 27-Jun-14 17:50:27

I'm hearing you & I know you are right. Don't let these doubting thomases waste your time! They are the ones missing out.

Englishkiwi1 Fri 27-Jun-14 17:45:50

They are 24.99 I would pay 224.99 !!! They are AMAZING I have bought them for some of my menopausal friends & they all swear by them as well now. I was told to expect a change in 2 was....6 days later I was a new woman! Just ask my husband :0)

JCG1234 Fri 20-Jun-14 17:14:52

Ladycare Menopause

I don't know who in their right mind can say this Ladycare magnet is a discreet item.......I've already got a menopausal belly and adding this to my underwear makes me look like I have a serious problem going on!!!

The magnet might work but I'm not about to try it as I am 200% sure I would need to completely change my wardrobe to maternitywear to accommodate this!!!!!!!!

lazysummerdays Mon 16-Jun-14 08:49:42

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this works. Research has been done and there is no proof at all. The reason some people think it works is because meno symptoms vary a lot- some women have weeks when the symptoms are terrible then they subside a little- and this can go on for years and years.
I think Boots had to change their advertising on this product recently because it was considered illegal- claiming it worked when there is no evidence.
If it did work this would have been proved through double blind trials and proper research. It hasn't. If it worked, gynaecologists would simply hand all meno women a magnet and say 'there you are, sorted.'
Some of the posts on this thread are possibly from the marketing dept of the company- bear that in mind.

lynne60 Sun 15-Jun-14 21:29:42

Hi I am 60 years old and went through the menopause at 47 I bought a lady care magnet several years ago and to be honest only wore it a few times but my sweats have come back really bad even doing housework the sweat drops off me and my hair is soaking wet I decided to try 20 to 1 cream and am on my second jar to be honest this cream has done absolutely nothing for me so just last week I started wearing my lady care and the difference it has made is amazing I still get the sweats but they are by no means as bad as they used to be so I suggest ladies go and buy one and see for yourself

sheila1957 Wed 04-Jun-14 08:42:33

OMG for the first time in a long time I have had a full night's sleep without sweating, I can not believe it, BIG thanks to the menopause magnet, I hope. it continues?

sheila1957 Tue 03-Jun-14 15:18:01

Sorry my post was repeated 3 times.

sheila1957 Tue 03-Jun-14 15:07:16

The symptoms of the menopause is ruining my life, and after using and doing everything possible without using HRT, I've gone to boots today and bought a magnet, pls wish me luck. I will update you all on my progress or not fingers crossed.

sheila1957 Tue 03-Jun-14 15:07:16

The symptoms of the menopause is ruining my life, and after using and doing everything possible without using HRT, I've gone to boots today and bought a magnet, pls wish me luck. I will update you all on my progress or not fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now