Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore boobs, overeating and very very horny

(4 Posts)
bigoleheffer Sun 27-Feb-11 18:21:29

and I've just turned 40 - could I be perimenopausal? I don't understand why I have sore boobs and shouldn't be due on for at least another 2.5 weeks (or thereabouts - not long finished my period). I'm eating to the point of nausea (especially chocolate). I'm not having sex, so I know I'm not pregnant. Could it all be starting already? I get really hot in the morning sometimes too - to the point that I could sit in a bath of ice! But it's not all the time. My periods are also really light now. It all feels a bit odd but I'm aware I'm getting old now. I thought you were also supposed to lose your libido at this stage in your life?

LittleHouseByTheRiver Tue 01-Mar-11 12:56:20

OLD? For heavens sake you are only forty not eighty! Your hormones will wobble around a bit for a few years so maybe this is a relative change of oestrogen and progesterone levels hence the hot spells and the light periods. The sore boobs would normally be high hormone levels, you could try evening primrose oil if they dont settle. But if things dont improve get your GP to check the hormones for you (thyroid and sex hormones).
Libido depends on lots of things, and you are too young to lose it yet. You just don't have the right man in your life!

cabbageroses Wed 02-Mar-11 18:51:20

You thought you would lose your libido- at 40? FGS woman you are just in your prime!smile
seriously- tha's a load of bollocks.

worriermum Mon 28-Mar-11 14:12:10

I recognise your symptoms, including feeling very horny. I had that, as did quite a few of my friends. I think it's the start of the (long, very long) phase that leads up to menopause. My theory is that it's all to do with the imperiative to perpetuate the species - nature is pushing us to get on and breed before its too late. Just one more (humbling) reminder that we are biological creations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now