Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

We will shortly be retiring this topic

(28 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jan-07 10:54:15

AS we've now got our new member profile facility in which you can create your own photo galllery.
Cheers,
MNHQ

Tortington Mon 29-Jan-07 10:59:10

great - i'm sick of saying fugly kids look nice

southeastastra Mon 29-Jan-07 11:00:06

custardo

ludaloo Mon 29-Jan-07 11:02:03

Custardo!!!

sauce Mon 29-Jan-07 11:02:52

fine with me! I like the new member profile setup. Tech outdid himself!

Marina Mon 29-Jan-07 11:03:17

Custy
There are NO fugly kids on Mn!

charmkin Mon 29-Jan-07 11:03:31

soz to be thick but how do you look at other people's member profiles?

Tortington Mon 29-Jan-07 11:04:26

click on the persons name

^
^
^

foxtrot Mon 29-Jan-07 11:05:26

click on the yellow clipboard at the end of the line. Not mine tho' - no pictures, because all my DC are sooo beautiful it would induce and that's not nice

foxtrot Mon 29-Jan-07 11:06:01

didn't know that custardo!

ludaloo Mon 29-Jan-07 11:06:09

or on the yellow clipboard >>>>>>>>>

Marina Mon 29-Jan-07 11:06:28

I know foxtrot, I hate to contradict or discombobulate the Great Custard, so I have not added any photos of my radiantly lovely children either

Chandra Mon 29-Jan-07 11:07:40

About time! It was never properly used for what it was created, although I'm going to miss the images accessibility it currently has.

Oati Mon 29-Jan-07 11:07:54

I thought that you were going to rename this topic random photos so that people could put up random photos about stuff they wanted to discuss

itsmeNDP Mon 29-Jan-07 11:11:02

Will the old member profiles be deleted ?

Miaou Mon 29-Jan-07 11:12:44

Can't we have a "photos" topic so that those who don't want to create a member profile but want to ask a "Yeuch, look what I found in my garden/bed/kids toybox - what the hell is it??" type question without having to create a profile specially - can do so?

My word, that was the most tautologous sentence I have ever written - sorry

foxtrot Mon 29-Jan-07 11:25:11

Good idea, i love all those pictures of failed baking and children who have cut their own hair

zippitippitoes Mon 29-Jan-07 11:28:18

how will people show pics that are new...will they start a thread saying err

look at my profile i have updated it

thinks this sounds even more egotistical

As we travel Life's weary journey,
And plod through the gathering years,
With our burdens of care and sorrow,
O'er a pathway bedewed with tears.
If, perchance, for a fleeting moment
Our hearts should with rapture swell,
We have added but one more sorrow,
When we bid member profiles "Farewell".

Hulababy Mon 29-Jan-07 11:33:21

I think there is still a demand for a photo section, for the situations already given.

Hallgerda Mon 29-Jan-07 11:46:38

Where will we be able to post our huge spiders in the bath then? Or unusual diseases of herbaceous plants? Seriously, it is useful to have a place to post photos - and I'd hate anyone to think that spider was me .

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jan-07 13:21:38

Hello,
You can have an empty profile and still use the photogallery - and you can then link to them on talk or you can just put a link up to a photo in chat/ other subjects. We just don't think we need to devote a whole topic to this given that we have an alternative venue as it were and that we are trying to find some topics to cut back on...
Hope that's ok,
Justine

MamaG Mon 19-Feb-07 14:12:52

I'm GLAD you're cutting back on topics, it takes me ages to find the ones i want

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 14:19:52

What I would really like is to be able to post a message but then choose whether I wanted it to stay on my list of 'threads i'm on'.
This one, for example, will irritate me when it's still lurking later in the week and I have no intention of posting another message.

MamaG Mon 19-Feb-07 14:29:10

lol! i know what you mean moonbeam. I once replied to a word association thread

ARGH

never again

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 14:40:10

I shall refer to myself as moonbeam from now on...
but what I really meant by labelling as child of the 60s were names like Jane, Janet, Julie, Alison, Claire, Judith, Fiona, Melanie, Beverley, Sheila, Penny, Wendy...
...and Sue!

MamaG Mon 19-Feb-07 14:40:45

i know, but you will always be moonbeam to me from now on!

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 14:42:29

Better than what some of my friends call me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now