Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Eidsvold's sunshine girls...

(38 Posts)
eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 06:31:23

one of the latest pics taken of my gorgeous girls who seem to be growing up too fast!!!

TheBlonde Fri 26-Jan-07 07:29:45

lovely!!

Sherbert37 Fri 26-Jan-07 07:53:43

Imagine being able to wear clothes like that at this time of year! Beautiful.

lulumama Fri 26-Jan-07 08:15:57

they sure are beauties..... x

dejags Fri 26-Jan-07 08:23:30

Gorgeous girls Eidsvold

Talking about being able to wear summer dresses. How humid is it in Brissy this time of year? We are still in the throes of deciding Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth. Never-ending.

Melbourne too expensive and too cold (but loads of good points too)
Brisbane too hot and too many creepies (but we liked it best and think it would suit us as a family)
Perth - starting to think it might be a good combo.

Hulababy Fri 26-Jan-07 08:26:32

Beautiful

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 08:27:17

been all right until this week and it has been very very muggy.

But we are one of the rare families that does not have air con so I imagine if you had air con - would make a difference. I am sure I am feeling it more being so pregnant.

Apparently Perth real estate is amongst the most expensive in Aus now - Melbourne is rating as one of the cheapest.

Really it is only Jan and Feb at the most that can be hot and humid - the rest of the year is lovely.

Not too many creepy crawlies around atm.

Brisbane is amongst the most affordable city in which to live according some recent study that was released looking at average grocery prices and real estate.

dejags Fri 26-Jan-07 08:30:36

I didn't realise that about Perth. We loved Brisbane - especially South.

DH would be prepared to commute so we could go up to an hour out which means loads of different areas to look at. Not scheduled for another 10 months yet so plenty of time to decide.

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 08:31:48

if you lived on the bayside north or south - a bit more expensive but lovely sea breezes - we are lucky we are on a bit of a hill and so get lovely breezes.

dejags Fri 26-Jan-07 08:34:45

DH has heard about a particular mosquito which leaves one very ill if it bites you (some sort of lethargy kicks in which can last a year?).

Strange man is very concerned about this .

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 08:38:46

is he thinking of ross river fever....

funnily mossies love english dh and aussie dd2 but leave the rest of us alone. If your house is screened - no probs and that mossie tends to be more north than Brissy - more a tropical thing.

mossies are bad at dd1's sn kindy - so we are in the habit of sunscreen and mossie spray although you can now get one that has both insect repellent and sunscreen.

Only person I know who got ross river lived in Cape York in the gulf country.

mymama Fri 26-Jan-07 09:41:07

Gorgeous eidsvold. Will it be another lovely little dd or ds?

dejags - will have a lovely house for rent in 10 months.....available for 12 months.....Brisbane.......insect screens....loooovely airconditioning.....inground spa(hottub) that is cold in Summer/hot in Winter.....

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 09:47:46

not sure what no3 will be - we are not fussed either way - be very happy whichever we get BUT another girl would make life a little easier - got the clothes, decor, toys etc!!! and what would I do with a blue one after two pinks!!

dejags Fri 26-Jan-07 09:50:10

I know the feeling Eidsvold - we are having a girl after two boys. I hadn't quite realised how expensive it is to start over again - especially the decor as all the boys' stuff is blue, blue blue.

mymama - where abouts in brisbane? how many bedrooms does it have? do you have any pictures? we are scheduled to arrive in 1st week of December, so this is a real possibility.

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 09:54:42

and I am getting annoyed at everyone who keeps saying no doubt dh wants a boy etc... nah he adores the dds and no doubt will adore this one whatever gender. People have been saying - so no3 - you'll be wanting a boy then!!

dejags Fri 26-Jan-07 09:58:52

oooh I know - everybody just assumes we only got pregnant because we wanted a girl.

grrr... well firstly it wasn't planned and secondly it's none of your damn business...

I was totally delighted that the baby was healthy first and obviously over the moon to be having a little girl. It totally irritates me though that even close family thought another little boy would be a disappointment.

pet peeve.

Miaou Fri 26-Jan-07 09:59:21

Eidsvold, I had a blue after two pinks ... it's lovely The thought of it was a little daunting but I didn't know before he was born - and I was so surprised! (I kept forgetting he was a boy too, and got a shock each time I changed his nappy )

3rdTriMossTer Fri 26-Jan-07 10:01:05

Aw they are cute, Eids who do they look like most you or your dh?

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 10:04:59

dh mossy - I am dark haired with brown eyes. Dd1 was born with a mop of black hair that just got lighter and lighter.

dd2 has clear blue eyes like her dad. Dd1 has a green/blue eyes. Their fair hair is their dads as well.

eidsvold Fri 26-Jan-07 10:06:02

dd2 is dh all over - although we have some pics of me at about 18 months with lighter hair than I have now and her facial features are more mine - they both have my shaped lips!! but when out with them - I look like the nanny

sunnywong Fri 26-Jan-07 10:11:07

beautiful eids!

mymama Fri 26-Jan-07 10:39:35

eidsvold - biggest shock with a blue after a pink is the nappy changing. I had to ask dh how to "tuck" it comfortably !!

dejags - 4 bedrooms in north of Brisbane. Walking distance to local school, grocery shops. A lot of expats here too. They seem to have flocked here and multiplied! All popping out 3rd and 4th babies everywhere!!! We are due out 4th October though so might be a little off track.

sandcastles Fri 26-Jan-07 13:01:31

They are gorgeous, Eids!

Skyler Fri 26-Jan-07 14:12:04

Gorgeous!

princessmel Fri 26-Jan-07 14:14:34

Thats a lovely pic. It reminds me of the photos my friend sends of her children from Mission Beach.

foxabout2pop Fri 26-Jan-07 18:27:15

Eids your girls are beautiful

Socci Fri 26-Jan-07 18:30:45

Message withdrawn

Frenchsmallfry Sat 27-Jan-07 10:33:43

Beautiful, you must be very proud.

theheadgirl Sat 27-Jan-07 11:29:19

Lovely girls. How old is DD1 eidsvold? My DD3 is 6 and has DS. Take a look at her on my profile

eidsvold Sun 28-Jan-07 08:02:22

dd1 is almost 4 1/2 - turns 5 this August

arfishyhasaheadache Sun 28-Jan-07 09:51:04

Gorgeous Eids, really gorgeous.

theheadgirl Sun 28-Jan-07 10:15:31

they are both lovely gals.

CheesyFeet Sun 28-Jan-07 10:23:46

Aww they are gorgeous

@ pretty summer dresses

TeeCee Sun 28-Jan-07 10:27:39

Lovely, put a really big on my face.

anniebear Mon 29-Jan-07 19:49:48

Oh they are gorgoues and growing up so fast

anniebear Mon 29-Jan-07 19:50:26

Oh they are gorgoues and growing up so fast

anniebear Mon 29-Jan-07 19:50:58

Oops

Obviously wanted to make sure everyone saw my spelling mistake

Califrau Mon 29-Jan-07 19:51:05

oooh! pretty girls!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now