Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Ruined knitting / loose skin / twin skin (or

(59 Posts)
morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 08:45:24

I can't find any pictures of this on the internet despite lots of worried whispering in mummies chatrooms, so I thought this might be a picture that would be of interest.

This is my stomach 8 months post-baby number 2. It is RUINED! sob I am now down to 9 stone and the rest of my body looks okay (with clothes on ). But I am left with this inside-out belly button and loose skin.

I went to the physio yesterday for some exercises for my hips (also ruined) and she said that I am stuck with this. I tried not to run screaming from the room.

You may remember that I was quite large !

Anyway I will leave this piccie here for future reference - feel free to refer other threads to it (or not!).

I promise not to post pictures of my vagina because that really WILL stop anyone else from ever breeding again...

Full-piece swimsuit, anyone?

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 08:46:32

Ooh my title dropped off

It should read

Or "Keep that coil in!"

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:00:57

Do we think there are just too many naked pictures of me here now?

megglevache Thu 29-Jun-06 09:03:33

Message withdrawn

megglevache Thu 29-Jun-06 09:04:41

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:05:30

hunkermunker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:08:13

You're a brave woman. But you'll not get much other than empathy from us, I don't think!

You have slim hips, so you might get from those of us who just look like they could front the next Pilsbury campaign

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:14:19

Don't worry, when I turn sideways there's an arse there that can give a ride to four small children and a driver.

I just thought it would be a picture of interest, because I literally cannot find any pics of this on any mums sites, although there is a lot of concerned natter about it.

There are a few pics on plastic-surgery sites but they are always of rather well-padded ladies in the first place - so this is to demonstrate that the skin is going to look wrinkly regardless of fat loss, I think.

So you may as well tuck into those biscuits...

My stomach muscles are very knackered as you can see - there WAS a lot of definition there ONCE, so I need to fix that. But it isn't squishy, it's all reasonably solid, just fecking wrinkly!

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:15:27

Just looked at your other pic mp - how big was that babe?

FWIW I think you may still see some improvement in your skin - tho maybe not your belly button.

hunkermunker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:16:47

Nah, it's fucked.

My SIL is a plastic surgeon and she says the only way to rid oneself of it is a tummy tuck.

I'm hoping she'll do me cost when I've had all my children

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:17:15

My daughter said my belly button looks like a pig's snout!

Baby was 8 1/2 lb, so not huge.

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:17:58

lol @ "Nah it's fucked"

sobs into hanky

hunkermunker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:18:31

Sorry MP. If it's any consolation, mine's the same, but with stripes

megglevache Thu 29-Jun-06 09:20:22

Message withdrawn

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:20:38

<<Nah, it's fucked>>

Hunker, I was trying to be optimistic

stitch Thu 29-Jun-06 09:21:14

other than the belly button, your tummy actually looks better than mine.
and at least you hav e lost all the weight.

i also have two handlebars/folds of skin sitting on my hip bones, ssometimes i feel like snipping them off, if only i could find a large enough par of sciissors.

rest assured, your tummy is in better shape than mine.

CarolinaMoose Thu 29-Jun-06 09:21:24

Ha!

Mine looks like that after one child (9lb 12oz, 15 days overdue), except slightly wonky at the bottom because of my dodgy cs scar.

I'm also left wondering why my belly button has unravelled.

There is a site somewhere with post-cs photos that look a lot like that - will try to find it.

CarolinaMoose Thu 29-Jun-06 09:21:24

Ha!

Mine looks like that after one child (9lb 12oz, 15 days overdue), except slightly wonky at the bottom because of my dodgy cs scar.

I'm also left wondering why my belly button has unravelled.

There is a site somewhere with post-cs photos that look a lot like that - will try to find it.

hunkermunker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:22:09

Shit, sorry to be the voice of doom - I honestly am sitting typing in front of one that's worse, MP - mine's podgier actually, wtf do I have to about?! There's not a [screams and runs for the hills] emoticon though is there?!

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:24:40

I have a dodgy tum too mp , bit saggy, stretch marks and two vertical scars from surgery - one of which has put my belly button off centre.

Who cares ?- it diverts attention from my lack of norks and a bum that's as big a house!

CarolinaMoose Thu 29-Jun-06 09:25:06

check out these lovelies .

Agree re slim hips

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:25:34

don't run too fast Hunker, you might trip over that belly of yours

Yes meggle I'd LOVE to see yours! None of my friends will show me theirs ... they all recoil in horror when I whip mine out (at dinner parties, in Tesco, etc)

throckenholt Thu 29-Jun-06 09:26:31

if you think how much your skin has shrunk back already I don't think it should be impossible for it to go a bit more. Maybe encourage it by moisturising it and making sure you drink lots of water (think that is supposed to help skin tone). And maybe some muscle stengthening exercise will help.

(mine does not look like that despite having twins - it is way to well padded - much of my flab seems to have moved to that area now - but maybe I can aspire to that look if I ever do shift the flab).

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:26:43

I care! I had a gold belly bar for 15 years and did belly dancing classes for years, whipping out my fine belly at a moment's notice

NOW people would run in horror

puddle Thu 29-Jun-06 09:28:07

So.....all those people who posted on the bikini thread and said they'd wear one regardless...do you have stomachs like this?

Mine is similar (although belly button is ok) after two children. I had two huge babies and my bumps was massive both times. I think my stomach actually looks worse the thinner I am too.

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:29:19

Yikes Carolina

Now I feel like Kate Moss

CarolinaMoose Thu 29-Jun-06 09:30:20

[schadenfreude emoticon] - my abs were always on the flabby side

morningpaper Thu 29-Jun-06 09:31:09

I can wear a bikini if the pants are HUGE

But I think I am going to move onto a swimsuit ...

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 29-Jun-06 09:41:42

I still wear a bikini abroad. It ain't pretty, but does look better when I'm lying down so I have my faithful sarong for when I'm upright!

puddle Thu 29-Jun-06 09:44:35

I've got a bikini but the pants are those boy shorts ones.

Tortington Thu 29-Jun-06 09:55:18

i think your belly is lovely. i have stretch marks going upto my bresticles huggggggge things.

i think many are envious of you. - i am!

Sugarmag Fri 30-Jun-06 07:43:16

Can I just say thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that. I know there have been threads about this before but it is different and very, very comforting to actually see a picture of someone else who looks exactly the same as you do! You could be talking about me - I'm also only 5 ft tall and once-upon-a-time weighed 8 stone with a nice flat tummy. I had huuuugge bumps with both babies and gained 3-4 stone. Now, 3 years post baby I weigh 8 1/2 stone but can not get rid of the wrinkles & saggy skin. After baby no.1 I wore tankinis but now it's 1 piece swimsuits all the way.

Sugarmag Fri 30-Jun-06 07:45:13

Oh, and BTW, my boobs are ruined forever too. Once a nice perky B-cup now a sad, droopy A - why oh why does NO ONE tell you these things BEFORE you have kids?

morningpaper Fri 30-Jun-06 09:43:36

sugarmag glad it was helpful! I wanted to see what other people looked like too but I couldn't find any pictures! At least there is one picture for others to compare with!

My perky days are over too

milward Fri 30-Jun-06 09:47:27

My front is like that as well! but in fact worse!! I can't wear trousers that aren't waist high as it flops over! Bikini's no way

Sugarmag Fri 30-Jun-06 09:49:47

hmmm, not sure if I'm brave enough to post one of myself. will have a think about it though, as I did think it was so great that you did it. Just the tummy though - not the boobs!

puff Fri 30-Jun-06 09:58:41

blimey mp - your tummy looks marvellous compared to mine .

FioFio Fri 30-Jun-06 10:04:43

Message deleted

morningpaper Fri 30-Jun-06 10:17:26

lol @ tidy muff

I like to keep it under control

spacedonkey Fri 30-Jun-06 10:23:21

mp I love you for posting your pic!

my tummy is worse than yours too although my belly button has remained fairly unscathed, but the stretchmarks are diabolical

and i had my last baby more than 12 years ago

Psychobabble Fri 30-Jun-06 10:42:20

thank you morningpaper for posting this. My stomach is worse than yours, after just one baby and it genuinely gets me down, although I am not a particularly vain person! I had a lovely tummy pre ds, it was the one area I liked as I have always been a bit chubbier than I would like but my tummy was lovely and flat. I dread to think what it will look like after baby no 2

pleasenomore Fri 30-Jun-06 10:48:09

Dear me that really is not nice.

megglevache Fri 30-Jun-06 10:49:48

Message withdrawn

lanismum Fri 30-Jun-06 11:46:30

i think you are soooooo brave for posting the pic, erm, not that you should be ashamed, erm, just mean, erm <digs a hole>
maybe you will start a trend for mnetters posting pics of their tummys! if it helps, im another one whos not happy with my belly area, and iv only had 1 baby! well done for getting down to a weight you feel comfortable with, im still trying to get there, and im sure with the right bikini bottoms you would look lovely.

Tommy Fri 30-Jun-06 11:58:57

if it's any help - mine looks just like that too

LadyTamba Fri 30-Jun-06 12:00:20

Mines worse than that. I think that looks pretty good for a post pregnancy tummy.

ScummyMummy Fri 30-Jun-06 12:13:24

at pleasenomore. F* off, please. Totally unnecessary and horrible comment.

morningpaper- thank you for posting this. It is a comfort to see that other women also have bellies that have been noticeably affected by childbirth. Mine is still saggier than yours 7 years after the birth of my twins but I am learning to accept it, slowly but surely.

jampots Fri 30-Jun-06 12:16:38

MP - I wish my tummy looked like that. I still have c/s overhang which is hideous.

However, have you tried body brushing your tummy. Ive recently started using one and it seems to have helped some of the appearance of the baggy skin - not saying you have baggy skin of course......

morningpaper Fri 30-Jun-06 12:27:40

jampots: I read that as "air-brushing" which would definitely help! What exactly do you do?

pleasenomore: We know it's not nice. It's just another thing which batters our self-esteem and makes us feel crap about our bodies after we've had children. The fact that it's not nice is a message we hear all the time and it's a really destructive one to our self-esteem and our selves. No it's not NICE but it's quite NORMAL and I thought it would be helpful and constructive to have an honest look at it.

What we need is a line-up of 20 post-baby tummies for a Dove poster campaign.

jampots Fri 30-Jun-06 12:31:16

you can buy a body brush from boots (about £4) by the shower flower things, and then sweep your skin towards your heart for about 10 minutes before your shower - skin has to be dry. Dont forget to drink loads of water.

muma3 Fri 30-Jun-06 12:31:26

i think we should all post pic it would help our confidence to see we arent on our own

prizes for saggiest belly!!!

bet i win

jampots Fri 30-Jun-06 12:32:04

i bet i do!

Mine looks like that as well!!!!!

milward Fri 30-Jun-06 12:39:26

Well I'm proud of my post preg tum!! I've had 4 kids, one by cs & have also had other major surgury. If I bend over my tummy sort of flops down iyswim. Nothing wrong with it & very nice to me. It feels sort of silky! My ds4 can grab hold of it!

alibag Fri 30-Jun-06 12:44:49

8 months is not very long after, really: mine was very crepe-y at 8 months, but at 20 months after DS2 has improved though still basically baggy/untoned/too-darned-big-compared-with-what-it-was... I think the exercise (?!), body brushing, water drinking, moisturising sounds a good bet.

lanismum Fri 30-Jun-06 12:45:29

hhmmm body brush you say jampots, maybe ill take a wander to boots

Sugarmag Fri 30-Jun-06 15:18:12

Well, I had a breif moment where i was feeling brave but then realised that DH must have taken the camera away with him this weekend. Now the moment has passed.

DD has asked me before why my tummy is so wrinkly and I have to explain to her that it's because she and her brother were in there.

snowleopard Fri 30-Jun-06 15:24:44

MP I've just looked at the preggie pic and OMG!!! I think your knitting looks quite remarkably OK considering!!!
What about beauty flash balm - "instant tightening, lifting effect"!?

javis7 Sat 26-May-07 11:51:42

I have now had 3 kids an my stomach is horrid. ALthough people say 'don't worry about it... I should be proud of it" I just can't... I can't even show my partner. I used to have such a lovely tummy now it is 10x worse than the one in the photo. Does anyone know how this can be improved except for surgery?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now