When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Southend/south Essex meetup?

(15 Posts)

Anyone fancy it? Any ideas when/where it could be? Not sure what goes into organising a meetup, but I'm willing to give it a go, if anyone is interested.

piprabbit Sat 27-Feb-10 01:30:16

<waves tentatively>

Sounds like an interesting idea, I guess venue might depend on whereabouts everyone is coming from... I usually only do day-trips to Southend some I'm not sure what places are good for meeting up...

I've only lived here since just before Christmas, so I don't know where would be the best place to meet. Somewhere cheap, child friendly, and easy to find- maybe either on the sea front or by one of the stations?

honeybehappy Mon 22-Mar-10 11:39:02

I live in southend and would be up for meeting up.

Ooh, another reply! I was beginning to think I was the only Mner in Southend.
Do you have any ideas for where we can meet?

honeybehappy Tue 23-Mar-10 10:07:33

Depends on what sort of place you want. Thats not much help though is it.grin

I don't know what kind of place- I've never done this before!
We're a bit hopeless really, aren't we?

honeybehappy Tue 23-Mar-10 22:53:35

I cant think of anywhere and i have lived here forever.lol Doesnt say much for southend does it.grin

There is probably a few nice places along the seafront.

piprabbit Thu 25-Mar-10 12:05:26

Are we doing a day time, with kids meet up?
Do we have a mix of bumps, babies and toddlers, or some care-free, child-free adults?

I'd have 1 toddler with me probably.

Somewhere like Pizza Express for lunch?

Ummm - it's really hard to think.

Day time, with kids, if that's ok. DS is not quite a year old and I'm not very good at leaving him and going out.
Are there any cafes/restaurants that are particularly child friendly? And if they're cheap, so much the better

honeybehappy Fri 02-Apr-10 09:54:12

Day time for me aswell, any ideas where yet?

parched Wed 14-Apr-10 13:48:27

Ocean Beach on the seafront (the stretch near Southchurch Park) is classy AND child-friendly. They also have a decked area which leads directly onto the beach.

piprabbit Wed 14-Apr-10 18:00:54

Well that would be DS paddling his way to Kent then grin.

I'll have a look on a map - thanks.

honeybehappy Fri 16-Apr-10 00:37:56

I've not been to ocean beach yet but have heard it is nice.

lea0603 Mon 26-Apr-10 14:45:14

hello! im in essex - basildon but can get to southend easy. i have a 7week lo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now