When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone in Gloucester area?

(579 Posts)
lankyalto Thu 30-Apr-09 17:31:44

I am feeling brave today and want to get out and meet some new people, are there any MN ladies in the Gloucester area who would like to meet up?

yogabird Sun 28-Jul-13 07:05:37

Hi - is anyone still meeting up Gloucester way? Have recently moved to Longlevens, have 2 ddd age 11 and 9 and know hardly anyone locally smile

Its fantastic I've been twice now smile

Hi Tingry,here's a link,
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112636498777797
might try it out Friday will report back! smile

Tingry Mon 22-Nov-10 21:22:00

American diner? Where's that on Eastgate St?

yes there's a new soft play, behind the American diner, haven't tried it out yet though.

Tingry Wed 17-Nov-10 16:41:55

news to me!

lankyalto Sat 13-Nov-10 18:34:08

bump

Anyone know anything about a soft play place in Eastgate Street opening now/soon? possibly opposite the Leisure Centre?

shakingleaf Sat 30-Oct-10 22:01:12

and what ever you spend on cakes and coffee!

(tis swiss btw!)

lankyalto Mon 18-Oct-10 19:30:54

Well we thoroughly road-tested the free soft play at Blooms yesteday and can assure you all that it does in fact work.

What a great free place to meet and spend an entire afternoon for nothing but the petrol.

<cheapskate>

ooooh new soft play at blooms! soo excited smile
It seams the only place I can relax with the dts!

ooh will do my best for Chelt meet fridays a bit of a nightmare but I will see what I can jiggle grin

swissmiss Fri 01-Oct-10 23:30:28

Another one who recommends the soft play at Blooms by j12, only costs as much as you spend on cake and coffee!

DollyTwat Fri 01-Oct-10 00:05:24

I've taken the mantle and done it!!
here

You'd all better come now I've arranged it!! Please don't leave me in the wine bar on my own

It will end in tears

PatTheHammer Thu 30-Sep-10 21:39:11

Sorry, meant to say NEW soft-plat area! DS loved it!

I am still around for meet-ups but mainly in school hols cos of job and also DD at school full-time as of next week which restricts my day off somewhat!

PatTheHammer Thu 30-Sep-10 21:37:45

Hi all, just to say that I went to Blooms today (garden centre by junc 12 of M5) where some of us met last year and they have a nice soft-play area for the under-5s if that helps. Nice coffee and cakes too!

lankyalto Thu 30-Sep-10 18:03:41

Oh hello everyone! Wow a few more posts, I was wondering when the tumbleweed would stop rolling past.

Hey LGoR - long time no see, I bet those boys are a delight. My ds is at playgroup now so we aren't Bounce and Sing-ing any more.

Bumper - I didn't know you were in this neck of the woods. Get back on that sofa and don't even think about housework....

Hello Dolly (I will resist urge to break into song) I would love to meet GetOrf but I think her dd is a bit older and she could only do weekends.

I am up for a meet, having failed to get one sorted yet this year.

Ah dolly you found it! Hi all I'm in the glos area too. Just had dd2 9 days ago. Also have dd1 who is 3. Would love to meet up some time.

DollyTwat Wed 29-Sep-10 23:07:25

I have an idea

shall we agree on a meetup date and place

and I'll DM all the people on this thread

hoping they'll find their inbox sometime soon!!

pokes head in smile
would be up for a meet up too, the dts are 15 months now and driving me mad into everything grin

DollyTwat Wed 29-Sep-10 22:19:11

Hi I'm in Chelt and would love to see this thread come to life again. I know GetOrfmyLand is in Glos so maybe we can organise a meet?

Thing is no-one sees the thread do they <shakes head>

lankyalto Thu 19-Aug-10 19:07:54

Hello LostinGlos, welcome

Was wondering if anything had happened on this thread, it's been quiet for a while.
Two dds in 2 years - well done! I bet your ds loves his little sisters.

Let's see if we can get the thread up and running.

LostinGlos Wed 18-Aug-10 00:24:52

Meant to say..I'm in Abbeydale & have a teenage son too...just to add to the mix !
But unfortunately I work full time so don't even get the chance to meet up a playgroups etc...have a full time stay at home hubby !
Am pretty isolated in my job & then nothing in the evenings either..so is anyone out there for weekends or evenings ?

LostinGlos Wed 18-Aug-10 00:17:56

Hi, Im brand new on here & thought I'd take your cue from some time ago & be brave....
I have had 2 DD's in the past 2 years & moved house & have basically lost my social life along the way....would love to start making new friends again....
Could really do with getting a smile back on my face !

swissmiss Mon 12-Jul-10 19:12:02

Hi everyone, just seen this thread and was wondering if any of you are from Stroud way and might be able to help Zori.

Lanky - Yes I'd be up for a meet up over the summer, not getting away at all due to DH job so I'm looking for ways to keep 3 DCs (5,4 & 1 yo) occupied.

Dollytwat Fri 25-Jun-10 21:53:47

Cherry where abouts yin Chelt are you? I'm in Prestbury

hi, i am in cheltenham and would love to meet people. i have 4 dc's, 2 boys are 11 and 9, and the two girls are 5 and 4. dd2 is starting school in sept, and am free almost any time but needs to be close as dont drive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now