When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone in Gloucester area?

(579 Posts)
lankyalto Thu 30-Apr-09 17:31:44

I am feeling brave today and want to get out and meet some new people, are there any MN ladies in the Gloucester area who would like to meet up?

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:07:22

Burger Star - the best by far!

Sazzles- Me a stalker......never! Are you from Brighton? Unfortunately I lived in The S**thole known as Littlehampton till I was 18, spent most weekends in Brighton though!

Littlefish- which schools, come on spill the beans!

Herbie- whereabouts in Stonehouse did you live? I hope your niece is enjoying maidenhill, my CM's son recently left and thought it was ok for some subjects but others were shocking. Think they just needed a new head imho. Hopefully the specail measures will mean it gets some investment, the buildings certainly need it!

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:09:09

Message withdrawn

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:11:26

Message withdrawn

Furball Thu 07-May-09 19:14:52

Burger Star is on the old bath road Littlefish! Is your dh from cheltenham?

I remember when Enigma used to be called Swifts! I trump your dog and duck and raise you twenty grin

GetOrfMoiLand - I went to the same school as your dh shock left in the early 80's

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 19:15:06

Message withdrawn

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:17:11

Always liked the look of that PYO, will have to go now!

We do have a few kids come to us from the sheepscombe primary, its very small but very good apparantly. Not sure about Painswick as not in our catchment, but not heard anything bad!

Butchers arms at Sheepscombe a great pub too!

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:20:38

Herbie- Queens Road area? Where you living now? Do you miss Stonehouse? Not quite the thriving metropolis of the cotswolds is it!

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:22:15

Message withdrawn

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:29:00

Sounds a great toddler group imo!

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 19:31:27

Message withdrawn

LtEveDallas Thu 07-May-09 19:32:05

Hello all - I'm Glaws born and bred (But only ever went to Gas once - I was a Cinderellas and KCs girl - but never Crackers), Living outside UK at the moment. Moving to Oxford this year then maybe back to Glos later on.

My sis lives near to Ciren, but the rest of my family are the other side of Glos. If you do start regular meet ups I'd love to join in - even tho I'm in Oxford I'll be travelling up to see family quite often

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:34:01

Ha, Eastcombe is where I work, even smaller world!

I know what you mean about missing family, I miss mine like crazy but would not move back to the south coast for all the tea in China!

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 19:51:25

Message withdrawn

Littlefish Thu 07-May-09 21:17:17

Pat - two of the Primary schools, but I'd rather not say which! Suffice to say, one Private and one State, but very good.

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 21:41:58

Understood Littlefish! You still teach in the area?

Anyone else up for a weds afternoon meet up at some stage? Or maybe we should all leave the DC's at home and go to the Butchers Arms grin

bubblerock Fri 08-May-09 00:05:52

Kennel Club Eve??? Tsk.. lol Tried to get in there once at 15 in jeans, was turned away so went back to my mates house borrowed a slutty dress and they let me straight in! hmm

Not Burger Star, but DH used to love them with all the sauces grin BK I'm afraid.

I grew up mainly in Brockworth but moved to Chelt then back to Glos, DH went to Bennies.

Herbie - the first house we bought was off Barton Street (£28K lol) I loved my first little house grin

Littlefish Fri 08-May-09 07:03:28

Pat - I moved about 7 years ago, but I'm less than an hour away. I've still got friends who teach in Cheltenham though.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-May-09 09:23:11

Lol at clubs being in someone's front room! I remember going to a bar called Coco Lush (in a basement) when I first moved to Cheltenham, I asked my boyfriend when we were going to the bar. I was astonished when he said we were in it, I thought we were in some kind of ante room!

I have only been out in Gloucester once - never to be repeated! I went to a club called Liquid, stayed there for about 10 minutes and left, never to return!

Would love to go to a meet up, however work full time so could only do evening meetups or weekends, which is a pain I know.

Haylstones Fri 08-May-09 09:40:46

ooh, I could maybe do a meet up in Gloucester, depending on when it is.
I have a school age dd and a 1yo. My fave soft play area is Go Bananas- Ten Pin is noisy, unpleasant and not great for littlies (IMO!)- I also saw/heard a little girls break her wrist on the slide there <shudder>. There's also Ballyhoo in Chelt, which is pretty good too.
I've never done the pubbing/ clubbing thing in Gloucester grin

PatTheHammer Fri 08-May-09 10:27:40

Hi Haylstones! I'm up for Go Bananas, v.local to me so I'm good with that. Only been to Ballyhoo once but my DD loved it. Or we could all do an outdoor meet-up, plenty of nice parks around in Chelt/Glos/Stroud.

GOML LOL at Liquid! Did the same as you about 5 years ago smile felt far too old and I was only 24 then!

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-May-09 10:32:48

Yes, there is nothing like feeling elderly in a nightclub when your still only in your twenties. Can't be bothered now, I think I go out properly about once a year, then think sod that for a game of soldiers I'm staying in <gets out knitting needles and adjusts tweed skirt>

Please keep me on the loop for meet ups, like I said I can't make the days but if anyone fancies meeting up in th evenings that would be great. Plus, are there any mums of teenagers about?

Littlefish Fri 08-May-09 18:37:34

If any of you fancy a bit of a drive, there is a regular evening meet up at the Swan at Whittington - it's just off Junction 7 of the M5. We meet up every couple of months at 8.00pm on a Friday night.

We're meeting tonight in fact!

I'll post a link to the latest thread.

Littlefish Fri 08-May-09 18:42:25
swissmiss Fri 08-May-09 22:47:53

Wow, this thread has got busy.
Weds pms are generally good for me, only have the baby with me, so I might have half a chance to actually get a conversation in! grin Barnwood tenpin or Stroud/Ebley Go Bananas are probably best for me.
I'm not local but have been here for almost 12 yrs now. DS (4) has developed a v. cute Glaws accent.

PatTheHammer Sat 09-May-09 10:51:48

Hmmmm, never thought about conversation opportunity, perhaps weds p.m not a good idea then and I should go with just the baby so can have a good natter without bothering to help DD on the slide etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now