When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Anyone in Gloucester area?

(579 Posts)
lankyalto Thu 30-Apr-09 17:31:44

I am feeling brave today and want to get out and meet some new people, are there any MN ladies in the Gloucester area who would like to meet up?

Littlefish Thu 30-Apr-09 17:59:21

There is a meet up on 8th May near Worcester (in the evening) - is this too far from you? At least one person comes from near Cheltenham.

It would be lovely to see you. Come and find us on the meet up thread.

I'm a soprano btw.

lankyalto Thu 30-Apr-09 18:27:24

oh thank you! saw Worcester but thought it might be a bit far. Will have a think. Thanks for replying though

Littlefish Thu 30-Apr-09 18:57:34

We meet at a pub just off junction 7 of the M5, so it wouldn't be too bad a journey from Gloucester.

I'm moving up to Churchdown at the end of May so desperate to meet new people Got a DD (3) and DS (6mths)

lankyalto Thu 30-Apr-09 20:14:29

Hello! Where are you moving from?
My ds is 2.7 and it's just me and him.

Monkeyandbooba, do you know Churchdown? My dd will be starting school there in September.

No we are moving up from Wiltshire so all very new to me

are you forces then?

No we are not just a normal change of job after DH was under threat of redundancy. I was a student at what is now the University of Glos about 14 years ago so I do sort of know the area Very apprehensive though about moving somewhere I know no-one!

Littlefish Sun 03-May-09 07:30:01

Monkey - I went there about 14 years ago too. B-Ed course for me! I wonder if we ever met smile.

Wow small world, maybe we passed in some terrible nightclub (Gas!!??) or would that have been just me then ;) Mondos springs to mind too! I graduated in '99, started in '95. I love this part of the world so be nice to go back but I am apprehensive too as I am leaving behind a solid support network of good friends and family

Littlefish Sun 03-May-09 16:48:15

I hated Gas - only went there a couple of times. I tended to go to Enigma during the week and the Prom Club at weekend.

Littlefish Sun 03-May-09 17:14:59

Sorry - that sounded really rude, saying I hated Gas. What I meant is that I was a few years older than the other students, and Gas always seemed full of young, very trendy students. Prom Club was more my age group - plus the town Rugby Team drank there grin

Ah I remember Enigma too but not the Prom Club? Somehow I think my needs for entertainment will have changed in the passing years i.e. is there soft play and where is a good playground!

There is a soft play area in the ten pin bowling place on the way to Barnwood up the bypass.
There are lovely parks in Churchdown - one in the churchdown council park area and one behind Craven Drive.
Two nice schools - Prton Manor and Churchdown Village and two senior schools in Churchdown too.

What about playgroups/toddler groups?

swissmiss Tue 05-May-09 15:39:04

Another one from Gloucester here. Sorry, I don't know any playgroups/toddler groups around Churchdown as I'm on the south side of town.

I'd be quite happy to meet up at the soft play @ Barnwood tenpin bowling so the kids can play. I've got 3 - DS is 4, DD1 is 3 and DD2 is 7mths.

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 15:57:55

Might be too late for this one but I live in Stonehouse, not too far from Gloucester. DH was bought up in Cheltenham and was PHSL when I mentioned that Gas and Enigma were being discussed on a thread smile.
Monkey are you moving to the new development in Churchdown, it looks very nice!
I will keep my eyes peeled for a Barnwood meet-up as that is just up the motorway for me and we have never been to that particular soft-play (done the bowling a fair bit pre-children!). Have a DD (nearly 3) and a DS of 4mths.

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 16:07:08

I too am in the area with a 2.5 yo DD and 9 month old DD2. I am often over at Barnwood as i am a member of the Virgin Active Gym opposite, but never knew there was a softplay at the 10 pin bowling [bad mummy]blush

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 16:32:35

I wasn't entirely aware there was one either Sazzles, but I know now! must have built it after the old mega-bowl burnt down maybe?

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 07-May-09 16:39:19

Lol at the Prom Club in Cheltenham being talked about on MN. I live in Gloucester, lived in Cheltenham and used to go there when the queue for Subtone was too long. It's where all the old pervs go, and the young girls go to have thier drinks bought them!

I moved up to the area nearly 3 years ago, it's a lovely part of the world and I love living here, but it has been a nightmare making friends, I work full time, dd is in senior school so I never meet any mums and it's so difficult making friends when you're an adult and everyone seems to have their circle of friends established. So would love to go on any Cheltenham/Gloucester meet ups.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 07-May-09 16:41:09

FWIW the soft play in Barnwood is good, not as grotty as some of them can be. Apparently there is an excellent softplay in Cirencester as well, I will ask my SIL (she has a 4 and 6 year old so knows a lot about softplays!).

There is apparently a great soft play in Stroud (GoBananas?), happy to meet in Barnwood though as will be very close to me I'm moving to Churchdown Village (older part).

Hoping to have a move date by the end of the week, very apprehensive now!

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 16:49:58

GetOrfMoiLand The soft-play in Cirencester is called Magicland and its fantastic! DD is having her 3rd birthday there in a few weeks.

I loved Subtone! Never ventured to the Prom Club but DH also laughed when I mentioned that one!

Which secondary school does your DD go to? Just being nosey as I am a secondary teacher, tell me to feck off if you like! smile

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 16:52:25

Monkey Go Bananas is a bit grubby and no natural light, gives me a headache everytime I go there (it's my local one) Nice cafe though, with great cakes!. Hope your move goes well and welcome to the area smile

pop1973 Thu 07-May-09 16:56:49

Welcome to the area. I live on the outskirts of Gloucester more towards the Forest area.

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 07-May-09 16:56:54

Won't tell you to feck off!! She goes to Cleeve School in Bishop's Cleeve, really happy with it as it's excellent academically and is very sporty as well. We moved to Gloucester just before Christmas but kept her in Cleeve School because it's good, she wouldn't mind moving over to a school in Gloucester however the senior schools aren't very good and the grammars are oversubscribed. The only schools I would consider sending her to are High School for Girls and Ribston Hall, she is on the waiting list for both. However I think she will probably stay where she is I much prefer mixed education really. In primary she went to Bishop's Cleeve Primary which was absolutely excellent.

Senior schools in Gloucester and Cheltenham are shocking, really, they are either excellent or awful, no middle ground really. MNers in Churchdown - you're lucky though because Chosen Hill school in Churchdown is excellent!

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 07-May-09 16:58:04

Yes, welcome to the area, it is lovely, and Cheltenham is good for shopping (too good!)

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 16:59:51

I have been to Go Bananas - ok but a bit too much for my 2.5 year old and i struggle to help her round whilst keeping tabs on the 8 month old. I have heard that Magicland is excellent but have never been

Fri am's are good for us if that works for anyone else?

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 17:05:51

Cleeve is a good school, have some friends who have worked there. Think you are right not enough middle ground in Glos/Chelt or Stroud really, Think Glos has it worse because has more grammars. At least in Chelt you have Balcarras and Bournside (did my training there!). I second that Chosen Hill is good too.
Really want to move back to Chelt before DD is Secondary age since at the moment we are in the catchment of Maidenhill (in special measures!).

Yep, I have to avoid shopping in Cheltenham at the moment as maternity pay is abysmal. Do like a nice saunter down the prom....

Littlefish Thu 07-May-09 17:09:34

LOL at Getorf's description of the Prom Club - I did't realise it was still open!

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 17:13:04

Sazzles
Mon, wed, Fri am DD at pre-school but could bring the LO on his own. Tues/thurs mornings good for both though!

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 07-May-09 17:13:42

Yes, very nearly sent dd to Bournside, DP went there when he was young and has fond memories. DD has ideas above her station and asks if she can go to Cheltenham College 'because it looks pretty' hmm

My SIL is already very anxious about where her dd's will go to school. She currently lives in Leckhampton (very nice) so is in Balcarras, and is considering a move to the other side of town, however that will be in the Pittville catchment area. Is such a shame for the parents who have no choice in moving house, it's almost like the kids are damned before they start.

Didn't know Maidenhill was in special measures. Does Stroud have good schools? (probably impossible to get into).

GetOrfMoiLand Thu 07-May-09 17:15:17

Prom Club is awful. Haven't been there for about a year (sad) but it is like a relic from the 80's, however they have tarted it up a bit and are trying to rebrand it as a lounge/cocktail bar. Good luck with that!

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 17:20:29

LOL pat my DD is at her CM Tues and Thurs all day grin. Can usually do weds afternoon though with both

Stroud High and Marling (plus another Boys school) are good schools in Stroud I believe? DH already has it in his mind that DD1 will go to Pates hmm

Also lol at the Prom Club ... my boss claims to go there. In his defence, he is not, to the best of my knowledge an old perv - you'd not think that to look at him though.

GetOrfMoiLand, I must live nearish your SIL, though not that near if she's confident of Balcarras. We are slap-bang between the two schools and on this year's showing would get into neither. However, DD is only in Reception, so a number of years hot-housing her for grammar school entrance beckons ... wink

Stroud has a couple of grammars, I think, not sure what the comprehensives are like.

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 17:20:57

Lol at Cheltenham college 'looking nice'!

DH's Sister went to Pitville and her experience was not good, still at college, re-taking her A'levels when really should be about to start her second year of uni. In-laws were very upset about the whole thing (DH was a Pate's boy). I would stay in Balcarras catchment if I was your SIL, but then sometimes the move is a must for other reasons!

I am hoping that she may be able to come to the school I teach at (Thomas Keble) as it is generally considered the best Stroud comp. The other option is Stroud High (Grammar) but then she may not want to go there, who knows, it is 8 years away and got to get her into a primary first!

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 17:23:30

Anyone else looking good for a wednesday afternoon?

I can do whatever day suits, although I may not be up in time for the first meet (assuming there'll be others!).

Must admit we chose Churchdown because of the schools and couldn't afford to live in a good catchment area in Cheltenham. A lady (random I know!) I spoke to in Pittville Park said that Pittville is a terrible school because all the people who live in that area in the big houses send their kids to private school (so she says) hmm

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 18:08:21

oh, I love Pitville Park! Another great place for a meet-up, if it's sunny obviously! Think you are right about the big houses there, DH knew some pretty rich people at Pates but none from round there, they must of all gone to St Edwards or the College.

NB: DH not one of those, he came from Whaddon!

lankyalto Thu 07-May-09 18:09:25

I could do a Wednesday afternoon!
Wow all these Glawster folk. How many of ou re born and bred here like me. "Gloucester born and Gloucester bred, strong in the arm and thick in the head" or "Born and bred in Gloucester town and never been over Over bridge"??? Ring any bells wink?
Agree that Go Bananas could do with natural light. The soft play at Tenpin is really noisy though, and no natural light either.

LOL at all these clubbing stories. I only went to the Prom Club once, when I was about 30... it was like having a hundred people in your front room.

bubblerock Thu 07-May-09 18:23:51

Arghhh... bringing back far too many memories on this thread!! I snogged DH for the first time in Enigma/Dog & Duck 13 years ago! Used to go to Gas a lot too. grin

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 18:30:17

LOL Lanky, when I first moved to Chelt I had been used to clubs in Brighton and Liverpool. After a few weeks I said to DH 'why are all these clubs in someones front room'?

I am not fussy on where to meet up, as long as they do a nice cuppa!

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 18:37:57

Not Gloucester born and bred here, although i seem to be following the same trail as Pat - Brighton to Cheltenham. Not sure who is the stalker though grin

Littlefish Thu 07-May-09 18:44:21

I met, had my first date, and first snogged my dh in the Montpellier wine bar - also 13 years ago!

Oooh, I'd forgotten that Enigma was also called the Dog and Duck.

I've taught at two of the schools mentioned on this thread wink

bubblerock Thu 07-May-09 18:50:56

Littlefish - you obviously went for a classier guy grin. I met DH when we both worked together in a well known Burger place - we had a fab social life back then and some great friends, those were the days. grin

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 18:58:55

pat I grew up in Stonehouse and went to Maidenhill. (No such thing as special measures in my day!)

My brother still lives there and my Niece goes to Maidenhill!

(Sorry for the hijack)

Littlefish Thu 07-May-09 18:59:58

Bubble - It wasn't Star Burger/Burger Star on the Old Bath Road was it <happy memories of pump- action tomato ketchup and garlic mayo>

Actually, I just went for a drunk guy grin

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:06:43

LOL at Burger Star - one of the ladies in the bed opposite me in the maternity wing in Cheltenham Hospital who was waiting to be induced for 3 days, went off there every night with her boyfriend for a treat grinhmm

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:07:22

Burger Star - the best by far!

Sazzles- Me a stalker......never! Are you from Brighton? Unfortunately I lived in The S**thole known as Littlehampton till I was 18, spent most weekends in Brighton though!

Littlefish- which schools, come on spill the beans!

Herbie- whereabouts in Stonehouse did you live? I hope your niece is enjoying maidenhill, my CM's son recently left and thought it was ok for some subjects but others were shocking. Think they just needed a new head imho. Hopefully the specail measures will mean it gets some investment, the buildings certainly need it!

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:09:09

Meant to say as well that the Primrose Vale PYO Farm (just off r'out where A417 and A46 meet) is lovely as you can eat pick fruit and then they have a play area with slides, swings and a sandpit with great mechanical digger toys. Strawberries due from end of May apparently

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:11:26

Not from Brighton but lived in Preston Park then Hove (actually) for 10 years before coming here

Any of you teachers know much about Painswick or Sheepscombe schools?

Furball Thu 07-May-09 19:14:52

Burger Star is on the old bath road Littlefish! Is your dh from cheltenham?

I remember when Enigma used to be called Swifts! I trump your dog and duck and raise you twenty grin

GetOrfMoiLand - I went to the same school as your dh shock left in the early 80's

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 19:15:06

Pat I used to live by the railway station.

I moved in 1987 with my parents and then left Glos in 1992.

My niece is doing fine at Maidenhill, but I have to say if we lived in Stonehouse I would want my boys to go to Marling.

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:17:11

Always liked the look of that PYO, will have to go now!

We do have a few kids come to us from the sheepscombe primary, its very small but very good apparantly. Not sure about Painswick as not in our catchment, but not heard anything bad!

Butchers arms at Sheepscombe a great pub too!

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:20:38

Herbie- Queens Road area? Where you living now? Do you miss Stonehouse? Not quite the thriving metropolis of the cotswolds is it!

SazzlesA Thu 07-May-09 19:22:15

I know the Butchers Arms in Sheepscombe well, we have our toddler group planning meetings in there blushgrin

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:29:00

Sounds a great toddler group imo!

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 19:31:27

Yes pat - that very road!

My parents and all my family still live in Gloucestershire. My Auntie lives in Eastcombe and my gran lives in Chalford Hill. My Mum and Dad are moving to Chalford Hill next week. Small world!

I live in Rutland, as DH is in the RAF.

I only miss Gloucestershire because I miss my family.

LtEveDallas Thu 07-May-09 19:32:05

Hello all - I'm Glaws born and bred (But only ever went to Gas once - I was a Cinderellas and KCs girl - but never Crackers), Living outside UK at the moment. Moving to Oxford this year then maybe back to Glos later on.

My sis lives near to Ciren, but the rest of my family are the other side of Glos. If you do start regular meet ups I'd love to join in - even tho I'm in Oxford I'll be travelling up to see family quite often

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 19:34:01

Ha, Eastcombe is where I work, even smaller world!

I know what you mean about missing family, I miss mine like crazy but would not move back to the south coast for all the tea in China!

herbietea Thu 07-May-09 19:51:25

Pat I saw that, used to be the Manor school.

I love the area around there, but it is too remote for me. Property is, also, too dear up there too.

My sister lives in inner city Gloucester.

My DH would like to move there at some point, but I am not keen. My boys are in an excellent school and are both predicted to do really well at GCSE. I am not prepared to compromise on this and so perhaps when they have left school and DH has left the RAF I will come back.

We do come back as often as we can to see family and for birthdays,Christmas, weddings and funerals!

Littlefish Thu 07-May-09 21:17:17

Pat - two of the Primary schools, but I'd rather not say which! Suffice to say, one Private and one State, but very good.

PatTheHammer Thu 07-May-09 21:41:58

Understood Littlefish! You still teach in the area?

Anyone else up for a weds afternoon meet up at some stage? Or maybe we should all leave the DC's at home and go to the Butchers Arms grin

bubblerock Fri 08-May-09 00:05:52

Kennel Club Eve??? Tsk.. lol Tried to get in there once at 15 in jeans, was turned away so went back to my mates house borrowed a slutty dress and they let me straight in! hmm

Not Burger Star, but DH used to love them with all the sauces grin BK I'm afraid.

I grew up mainly in Brockworth but moved to Chelt then back to Glos, DH went to Bennies.

Herbie - the first house we bought was off Barton Street (£28K lol) I loved my first little house grin

Littlefish Fri 08-May-09 07:03:28

Pat - I moved about 7 years ago, but I'm less than an hour away. I've still got friends who teach in Cheltenham though.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-May-09 09:23:11

Lol at clubs being in someone's front room! I remember going to a bar called Coco Lush (in a basement) when I first moved to Cheltenham, I asked my boyfriend when we were going to the bar. I was astonished when he said we were in it, I thought we were in some kind of ante room!

I have only been out in Gloucester once - never to be repeated! I went to a club called Liquid, stayed there for about 10 minutes and left, never to return!

Would love to go to a meet up, however work full time so could only do evening meetups or weekends, which is a pain I know.

Haylstones Fri 08-May-09 09:40:46

ooh, I could maybe do a meet up in Gloucester, depending on when it is.
I have a school age dd and a 1yo. My fave soft play area is Go Bananas- Ten Pin is noisy, unpleasant and not great for littlies (IMO!)- I also saw/heard a little girls break her wrist on the slide there <shudder>. There's also Ballyhoo in Chelt, which is pretty good too.
I've never done the pubbing/ clubbing thing in Gloucester grin

PatTheHammer Fri 08-May-09 10:27:40

Hi Haylstones! I'm up for Go Bananas, v.local to me so I'm good with that. Only been to Ballyhoo once but my DD loved it. Or we could all do an outdoor meet-up, plenty of nice parks around in Chelt/Glos/Stroud.

GOML LOL at Liquid! Did the same as you about 5 years ago smile felt far too old and I was only 24 then!

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 08-May-09 10:32:48

Yes, there is nothing like feeling elderly in a nightclub when your still only in your twenties. Can't be bothered now, I think I go out properly about once a year, then think sod that for a game of soldiers I'm staying in <gets out knitting needles and adjusts tweed skirt>

Please keep me on the loop for meet ups, like I said I can't make the days but if anyone fancies meeting up in th evenings that would be great. Plus, are there any mums of teenagers about?

Littlefish Fri 08-May-09 18:37:34

If any of you fancy a bit of a drive, there is a regular evening meet up at the Swan at Whittington - it's just off Junction 7 of the M5. We meet up every couple of months at 8.00pm on a Friday night.

We're meeting tonight in fact!

I'll post a link to the latest thread.

Littlefish Fri 08-May-09 18:42:25
swissmiss Fri 08-May-09 22:47:53

Wow, this thread has got busy.
Weds pms are generally good for me, only have the baby with me, so I might have half a chance to actually get a conversation in! grin Barnwood tenpin or Stroud/Ebley Go Bananas are probably best for me.
I'm not local but have been here for almost 12 yrs now. DS (4) has developed a v. cute Glaws accent.

PatTheHammer Sat 09-May-09 10:51:48

Hmmmm, never thought about conversation opportunity, perhaps weds p.m not a good idea then and I should go with just the baby so can have a good natter without bothering to help DD on the slide etc!

I propose Weds 3rd June grin

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 20:56:22

I take it you have a move date Booba? smile

I second 3rd June grin

CMOTdibbler Mon 11-May-09 21:03:46

Booba - my BIL/SIL and kids live in Churchdown. The kids both go to Chosen Hill secondary.

DH grew up in Stroud and went to Marling - other BIL/SIL live in Gloucester and their boys go to an assortment of schools - the oldest is at Tommies

We often go into Cheltenham on a Sunday for noodles, and the place is very child friendly if anyone fancied a Sunday lunchtime eat out ?

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 21:05:51

Sounds good to me, is it still Barnwood everyones on for?

Yup last week of the month! Be nice to meet some 'real' MNetters grin

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 21:19:59

Barnwood ok for me. Would 2-2.30 ish work?

Fine by me, so thats:

Me
SazzlesA

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 21:28:27

2-2.30 is good for me, can pop for lunch first after I pick up DD from pre-school. Quite excited now!

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 21:35:49

Ooh, hello everyone. I'm from Gloucester. Didn't realise there'd be so many of us. I'd love to meet up (just hoping I'm not the most ancient one there.. left school in 1986 so could just be!) but can't do 3rd June (on holiday in good old Burnham On Sea!)

If your meeting again sometime would love to join in. Got a DD 3 and a DS 11 weeks.

Hi IMOH - welcome smile our children are similar ages so would be great to see you.

I have just uploaded some pictures of us all on my profile so you can see how normal we look grin no hairy truckers here!

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 21:53:44

Hello Monkey. You indeed all look to normal. I'll load some photo's of my brood once MN has speeded up(it's god awful slow tonight), can't guarantee that we'll look normal though!

Are you all meeting up on 3rd June?

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:01:03

Monkey- your DC's are very cute! And indeed you do all look normal. I must get round to doing that on my profile, I'm so rubbish with photos!

Hi IMOH, hope you have a great holiday. I think Monkey is not moving down till June (is that right) so thats why the meet-up is being discussed for then. I'm sure there will be more as there seems to be quite a few people on here now.

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 22:05:31

er.. just re-read my posting Monkey didn't mean to type 'to normal' just 'normal', in fact you all look lovely...

...I must re-read my how to make friends and influence people manuals, I'm sure typing crap things in a discussion forum isn't in it!

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 22:08:36

Thanks Pat. I'll keep an eye on things and meet up with you all next time I hope

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 22:11:53

Sorry ladies if i shocked anyone with my c-sec piccie. I should post a warning shock

monkey, Pat is right, your DC's are gorgeous smile

Sazzles I was shock when i came across the C-section pic, shall i post my 2mins after birth picture of me in the pool to make you feel better wink

Thank you all for the compliment on my two, I think they are gorgeous so it's nice other people do too grin

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:20:23

shockWoah, sorry had to have a look out of interest. Who took the photo, you DH? Lovely gorgeous girls though smile.

I too have birthing pool piccies, not sure they are appropriate for public viewing, lots of dubious substances floating about blush and a VERY grey baby!

silkcushion Mon 11-May-09 22:27:27

hello - I'm in Hucclecote but don't know if I'll be able to make the 3rd June as I'm due to give birth on 19th and feeling like I might go early.

Monkey - Churchdown is near me. Lovely area - esp the village part. Chosen hill school is where my dh went and he loved it. Also have a friend who teaches there who thinks it is a good school.

I have a dd 18mo, soon to have a newborn and 2 dsc aged 13 and 14 - so should cover all ages really!

Prom club description was spot on - I only ever met old pervs when I went there wink

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:31:32

Welcome Silkcushion and good luck for the impending arrival. Sure you won't need it since its your 4th (stopping at 2 me smile).

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 22:34:24

silkcushion - I'm just around the corner (ish) - St Leonards Park, just off Painswick Rd. Went to Larkhay infants school (in the very dim and distant past). Hope the imminent birth goes well.

I too have birthing pool piccies where I am actually looking quite young and good (and nothing nasty floating, thanks to v kind mw who silently and quickly scooped out any odd floaties... nice!).

I went to Churchdown Comp and by best friend lives there now - her 3 go to Chosen Hill and she has only good things to say about it.

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 22:37:06

Pat the anaesthaetist took it [lovely man]. DH wouldn't look at the 'business end' although i asked for the screen to be dropped when she was born. We didn't know he had taken it and came across it when reviewing the pics - was a shock to us too grin

silkcushion Mon 11-May-09 22:41:46

hello thanks for the welcome.

Pat - sorry I didn't mean I've had 4 - the eldest 2 are my stepchildren. Don't live with us. So this is my second - hoping she'll pop out a bit more quickly than the last one.

I'mover - I didn't even know there was a school in Larkhay Road blush Have lived in Hucclecote since end of 2006. 8 years in Chelt and Tewkesbury before that but originally from Swansea.

I didn't know about softplay at the bowling place but have recently discovered an absolute gem of a place. Dick Whittington's farm park on the a40 towards Ross on Wye. Cheaper then Cotswold farm park and has a massive soft play indoor bit as well with designated areas for the under 5s. Took dd thee on Sunday and she loved it. A friend from my nct group says they do a coffee hour session midweek for about £2.50 - I've not been cos I work full time.

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:44:35

Ooh, did you have her at Gloucester? There's a really fit anaesthaetist there, my friend has a huge crush on him (nothing to do with him administering her much-needed epidural or anythingsmile).

IMOH - How did you manage to look good in your birthing pool? I looked like I'd been for about a 20 mile swim in the swimming pool from hell with DD (had been in there for 5 hours though). Was only in there 20mins with DS and even then I looked like shit warmed up! Am very envy

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:47:01

Silk - oops sorry, didn't realise you typed DSC, blush. And second ones are far quicker usually (see above post).
I loved the Dick Whittington place too when we went there last year. Bet its easier to get to now no bloody roadworks on the A40!

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 22:47:23

silk cushion - there was a school in Larkhay Rd (I used to live in a white ancient bungalow that is now a Chiropractors I think, on the Hucclecote Rd) - school was behind the church, but we are talking about, dare I say it, the 1970's.

Have to agree, the Dick Whittington farm park place is fab. Had my daughters 3rd birthday bash there last Oct and going to my nieces 4th bday party there in a couple of weeks.

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 22:50:09

No, both at Cheltenham - two lovely anaesthaetists athough for the second CS the epidural took FOREVER to put in [very sore]

I wanted birthing pool births sad

silkcushion Mon 11-May-09 22:51:07

I know the bungalow you mean. I also know where the school must have been = I bet it was lovely

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:52:46

I was very lucky and I think that is generally down to luck, all the best laid plans and all that. At least your DH, sister and MW did not have to watch you dump into the water and then try to sieve it out. There are upsides of a c-section grin

silkcushion Mon 11-May-09 22:53:17

Have any of you given birth at Gloucester Royal?

Went to Cheltenham with dd cos I thought GRH looked a bit shabby blush Still debating a HB this time round (need to make my mind up as 36 weeks this week) but MW says GRH is nicer now if I want a hospital birth.
Any views?

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 22:55:06

I loved it. Had a lovely teacher called Mrs Bushell, I think, but who I called Mrs Satchell (god knows why).

Have to go now, ds wants feeding.

Hope to chat again and meet up soon

imoverhere Mon 11-May-09 22:56:27

Just one final thing - I had both dc at GRH and I thought it was fine - DD birth pool and DS induced. Everyone lovely.

Must go ds really YELLING!

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 22:56:39

Yes, go to STROUD, had both mine there and it was fantabulous. The after-care at GRH is shocking according to quite a few friends of mine. I would go to Stroud then Cheltenham as a second. GRH is a distant 3rd. Or try a HB, they are very supportive of it round here. I would have loved one but my house is tiny and I was looking forward to the food at Stroud so much (was not disappointedsmile).

ooh just seen this thread I'm another Gloucester mum just moved to abbeymead.
My 3 are at school 11, 9 and 5 and I have twins due the beginning of July.

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 22:59:53

LOL pat, there are definitely upsides to CS's, especially planned ones

silk Gloucester has a new purpose built wing now. However I have heard more bad than good stories for Gloucester though compared to Cheltenham. Cheltenham can get VERY busy though.

If you can, i think a homebirth would give you the best opportunity for continuity of care throughout the birth

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 23:00:55

Fair-play that you have time to post on MN too LGR! Good luck for July smile

SazzlesA Mon 11-May-09 23:01:25

Oh yes, food at Stroud is lovely. Went from Cheltenham to Stroud after DD1 was born

silkcushion Mon 11-May-09 23:02:17

shock Red - you are going to be one very busy mum! Congratulations on the twins grin

Abbeymead is just round the corner from me - hope you like the area

PatTheHammer Mon 11-May-09 23:03:18

Mmmmmmmm, might just have one more to experience that cooking [hungry emoticon].

silkcushion Mon 11-May-09 23:04:43

Had forgotten about Stroud. MW lead unit isn't it? Could be a good option if I chicken out of the HB - and if the food is good then it's a definte yes

I'm dreading giving birth in hospital had my first in Reading and home births for the girls.
I think I've already got trouble maker on my notes grin

PatTheHammer Tue 12-May-09 08:21:28

Silk- yes Stroud is MW lead unit, doesn't really feel like a hospital and you can have really quick discharge if all is well. I had a long but very straightforward birth with DD and they told me I could go home when I wanted. I hung around for 5 days like a bad smell cos I had a lovely single room and was enjoying the menu (not that theres anything wrong with DH's cooking wink). After DS I was on the post-natal ward and it was really full so I stayed for lunch (obviously) then buggered off home (in for a total of about 12 hours because as I arrived he was almost out anyway shock).The MW's are all lovely, excellent BFing support and the place is clean and relaxed. No more pain relief on offer than a HB though (only G&A or Pethidine I think) so if you wanted something stronger theres the hassle of ambulance over to GRH or Chelt (transfer maybe quicker from your home if you are over Gloucester already?).

LGRED- Think you are allowed to make as much trouble as you want when birthing twins! Lots of twin mums choose to transfer to Stroud for after-care too.

bubblerock Tue 12-May-09 09:13:01

Stroud certainly delivers special babies - I was born there LOL grin. I had both DS's at Cheltenham, being in Brockworth we could choose Chelt or Glos. It was okay - busy both times and my second was so easy I wish I'd had him at home. My friend had an awful experience at Gloucester. sad

imoverhere Tue 12-May-09 09:52:08

Hi, Glos has a MW led unit too, which was where I had DD in birthing pool 3yrs ago. Very nice and relaxed and lovely midwives.

Had ds 11 wks ago in the delivery suite at glos - all fine although have to say MW seemed a tad inexperience to me (told me I not to push cause she hadn't got her trolly - like I had a choice in the matter!) Having said that, everything else was fine and everyone was nice.

My SIL had her DD in Chelt and I believe thought it was fine. She's due again in Sept and hasn't been impressed with Glos (where she is based this time) - but I have to say I thought it was all fine (apart from stupid don't push comment!)

imoverhere Tue 12-May-09 09:54:42

Hello Red, I'm just by Abbeymead - St Leonards Park. Hope you like it. Congrats on the twins - I too would be having a Large GLass of Red if I were you (after the birth, obviousy smile)

silkcushion Tue 12-May-09 14:08:54

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheltenham delivery suite was great with dd but hated the post antal care. We were kept in for four days as dd ahd jaundice. Food was rubbish, no bfing support (so that all went pear shaped) and I swear I slept no more than 5 hours in 4 days as it was packed.

One of my NCT group delivered in Stroud and she didn't want to come home either - chose to stay in for 5 days - which I couldn't understand having been in Chelt (but it sounds very different).

Reason for considering a hb is the aftercare experience in Chelt so maybe Stroud is a good alternative. Didn't mind labouring/delivering in hopsital. Didn't need anything other than gas and air last time so hopeful this will be similar.

On the other hand we live relatively close to GRH - so could get in and out quickly hopefully if all goes well. Want to be home to dd asap

SazzlesA Tue 12-May-09 14:27:48

Silk - i transferred from Chelt to Stroud after my C-Sec with DD1 who was also a reluctant feeder. Left Chelt after 48hrs and went to Stroud for 3 days. You do have to be able to get yourself there under your own steam if you did decide to do that, or if anything happens which means you have to go to a CLU for the actual birth (as it did for me)

All the best for a smooth delivery smile

Haylstones Tue 12-May-09 19:34:31

Hi all
I can't make that meet up date unfortunately. I work on Wednesdays butI also have to collect dd from school at 3pm so couldn't make it untilafter then.
FWIW, I had both of mine at GRH- 5 years and 1 year ago. They were 2 very different births (first ventouse, 2nd ecs after ds got 'stuck') and I have no real complaints. I also spent some time in there while pg with ds (that pg sucked!) and it was great.

silkcushion Tue 12-May-09 20:12:41

thanks Haylstones.

Forgot to say I'll make the 3rd June meet up -not 36 weeks this week - I've added a week on in my pg confusion blush

Is the op coming to the meet up?

SazzlesA Tue 12-May-09 20:23:20

I don't know Silk, i think we hijacked it blush. Good to hear you can make it smile

Haylstones and others who can't make this one, i think it will be good to stick with this date this time and hopefully organise another soon that others can come to, otherwise i suspect it will be a rolling date

bubblerock are you still local? My CM is in Brockworth

tegan Tue 12-May-09 20:29:23

hello ladies can i join you're gang.

Ilive in the forest of dean, i gave birthto 2 of my dc in glos royal but had ds at home last nov.

silkcushion Tue 12-May-09 20:30:49

hello Tegan - I'm afraid Sazz is right i hijacked the thread blush sorry to op

Can you make the 3rd?

lankyalto Tue 12-May-09 20:42:49

Think I can make that date. Woo hoo! At Tenpin?

Largeglassofred I am in Abbeymead too.
Silkcushion I had ds in Cheltenham, was induced at 42 wks. Was off my head on gas and air so don't remember the birth midwives much. Do recall the one who actually delivered ds saying being a midwife had convinced her never to have her own DCs....... Don't recall much aftercare but ds was an easy birth with no stitches so they pretty much left me to it and I was home in 6hrs. Had to be readmitted due to BIG bf probs and they were so kind and lovely despite my arse of a (now ex)dp giving them lots of grief.
SIL has had her 2 at Glos, both cs, but says the new delivery place is lovely. Have heard many good things about Stroud.

SazzlesA Tue 12-May-09 20:55:14

Ok, in summary of people who expressed interest:

Meet at Tenpin, Weds 2nd June 2-2.30pm

Yes*
Sazzles
MonkeyandBooba
PatTheHammer
Silkcushion
Lankyalto

*It's
a 'no' this time sad
Haylstones (works weds)
Imoverhere (on holiday envy)
GetOrfMoiLand (only available evenings)

?
Largeglassofred
Tegan

Can you tell i'm a list freak? blush. Now tell me who i missed.....

SazzlesA Tue 12-May-09 20:56:06

Buggered up the bold there blush[hopeless]grin

bubblerock Tue 12-May-09 21:08:38

Sazz, I moved up to Blackpool 5 years ago but have lots of family still in the area smile

PatTheHammer Tue 12-May-09 21:12:51

Wow Sazzles, very organised!

Hi Tegan! Welcome to the thread smile

Pleased you can join us Silk and Lanky.

Haylstones- boo to work! I'm back to work 4 days a week in September and not looking forward to it sad. Get the holidays off though grin.

swissmiss Tue 12-May-09 21:37:25

Thanks for the organising Sazz!

I won't be able to make 3rd - have to pick up ds and dd1 from pre-school at 3pm.

Maybe next time we could make it a tiny bit earlier in the afternoon?

Totally off topic - I'm just slightly ecstatic today, got a call from head teacher at ds's 1st choice primary, which he hadn't been offered, to say that he's now got a place there after the 2nd round allocations! The offical letter arrived in the post as we were talking. I'm beyond happy.

SazzlesA Tue 12-May-09 21:42:44

Sorry to miss you off swissmiss - i knew there would be someone blush

Could you come along once you have picked DC's up if the school is not too far away? I'll have my 2 and i expect we'll be there a little while

PatTheHammer Tue 12-May-09 21:43:15

Oh good news Swiss smile.

Maybe we'll have to do a morning meet for the next one or even one in half-term or something (although not in soft-play area as the littlys get a bit crushed in the holidays in my experience!).

swissmiss Tue 12-May-09 22:17:20

Sazz, you didn't miss me off, I hadn't replied yet! Thanks for the offer to come along after school, if it was any other week I probably would but we're only getting back from my Mum's (in Switzerland - hence my username) on Tuesday, a knackering 15+ hr trip.

Pat, Thanks. Agree with you about soft play during half term and little ones, not a good mix. Mornings can be do-able, again depending on which day we choose.

Where I had my dcs - DS in 2005 @ Glos MW-led unit, despite me choosing CL-unit (long story) and problems with faulty stiches (even longer story) I swore never to go there again. Fwiw, m/w care was good. DD1 in 2006 @ Chelt, fantastic labour/delivery/postnatal care even though they were full and were turning people away I didn't get "kicked out" until I was ready to go after 48 hrs. DD2 in 2008 @ Chelt, great labour/water birth, appalling 3rd stage in theatre, staff were awful (not going into details on here), great postnatal m/ws on ward, crap consultant debrief 2wks later. Draw your own conclusions. All I would say is that personally,in spite of my experiences, I will not give birth outside a hospital (and not because epidurals aren't available, I never had/wanted one) but going to Stroud for recovery sounds like a very nice idea. I'd never heard of that option.

tegan Wed 13-May-09 06:37:41

hi sorry i can't make the meet up as i have to pick dd2 up from school at 3pm but would love to meet up again sometime.

PatTheHammer Wed 13-May-09 20:12:08

Hmmm, any chance of it being a bit earlier so Tegan and Swiss could make it?

SazzlesA Wed 13-May-09 20:21:42

Yes, should be able to. My suggested timing was just on the basis that my DD's might have a decent after lunch nap hmm. Happy to go along with the majority or just rock up a bit late smile

imoverhere Wed 13-May-09 21:20:58

Hello, feeling a bit sad I'm not around to meet up with you all in June, but pretty grin that I'll be at the seaside and very hopeful hmm that I shall be lapping up the rays.

Have a lovely time and I'll keep an eye out for when your meeting next. I can do pretty much anytime or day at the mo (although Fridays a bit difficult) - except, of course the 3rd of June - sorry blush.

Can you tell that I'm rather enjoying the little faces grin

PatTheHammer Wed 13-May-09 21:47:16

What do you think Tegan/Swiss would 1pm be any better? Or is this too early? I could take DD straight from pre-school then and bring lunch with us, or get some there (don't know what the catering is like there as never been, probably just chips!).

IMOH- Really hope you have nice weather, we went to stay at my mums the other week and had a gorgeous weekend by the seaside. Bognor Beach is quite depressing in the rain!

swissmiss Wed 13-May-09 23:00:57

Thanks for asking. Normally I'd say yes, 1pm would be fab but just today I booked up a medical appt for 1.30 on 3rd which I really can't change

Have to be next time.

kissyfurschaos Wed 13-May-09 23:22:53

Hello all. I'm in Abbeymead too. Have ds 21months. Work term time weds-fri. So looks like I can't make this meet, would be interested in others though.
Thanks Bubblerock for pointing me in dirtion of thread

kissyfurschaos Wed 13-May-09 23:23:29

*direction

tegan Thu 14-May-09 12:00:30

Please don't change on my account. Where are you all meeting anyway as transport could be an issue too.

SazzlesA Thu 14-May-09 13:38:57

Meet at Tenpin, Weds 2nd June 2-2.30pm

Yes :
Sazzles
MonkeyandBooba
PatTheHammer
Silkcushion
Lankyalto

It's a 'no' this time:
Haylstones (works weds)
Imoverhere (on holiday)
GetOrfMoiLand (only available evenings)
Tegan
Swissmiss (appointment this time)
kissyfurschaos (works term time Weds-Fri)

?
Largeglassofred

OK fine with me, but I can meet whenever as I have no plans at mo.

tegan Thu 14-May-09 17:45:31

sorry i can't make it but i would be able to get to tenpin quite easily, i can make mornings better for next time

PatTheHammer Thu 21-May-09 11:10:13

Sorry to throw this into the mix at this stage but DD has a birthday party to go to at Ten Pin on friday 5th. Would anyone be up for changing the meet-up to Go Bananas or something (same date and time?). This is purely for the sake of not going to the same place twice in one week.

If a no-go then no worries, I'm sure we will survive grin

<<Apologies for selfish reasons>>

lankyalto Wed 27-May-09 20:54:45

I would rather Go Bananas as Tenpin is a bit loud. don't mind though.

silkcushion Thu 28-May-09 22:50:54

we can meet anywhere - but where is go bananas again?

PatTheHammer Fri 29-May-09 07:35:58

Go Bananas is is Stroud (well Ebley really) next to the Fifth dimension gym by the council offices. I can give directions from the motorway or A46 if you come that way.

What about monkey and Sazzles??? Go bananas any good, or do you wanna stick with ten pin?

How is it going Silk? Not long left know!

PatTheHammer Tue 02-Jun-09 07:42:10

People still up for this tomorrow? We have a b'day party to go to 12-2pm but can get there soon after that if its still on?

silkcushion Tue 02-Jun-09 11:54:44

Hi Pat - I can still make it but will need directions.

How can we attract attention of the others?

What if they've forgotten all about it?

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 19:48:25

Not forgotten, but kept getting delayed from coming on here hmm

Just to add a spanner to the works - given the lovely weather (18 tomorrow), how about Primrose Vale PYO? they have slides, a sand pit, swings and a tractor to play on and a grassy area babies can crawl on. My DD hates being indoors when the weather is nice. Sorry to be a pain blush

PatTheHammer Tue 02-Jun-09 20:24:41

I can do the PYO if weather is nice, may be able to get there about 2.30-45 ish after we leave the party and such.

How bout you silk? What about monkey?

TBH Primrose is easier to find (just of A46/A419 on shurdington road roundabout)

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 20:29:44

Excellent smile. Will keep bumping this tonight in the hope others will remember

lankyalto Tue 02-Jun-09 20:38:08

Oh yes lovely idea to be outside (and free )
I can still do that time
hope others can come

PatTheHammer Tue 02-Jun-09 20:41:04

Any tips for recognising people? Not done a meet-up before so not sure how it works! I'm guessing 4 women with buggies is a give away!

lankyalto Tue 02-Jun-09 20:45:24

I have been to a meet-up before and just lurked about hopefully smiling at people with small children. Fortunately none of them rang social services.......

PatTheHammer Tue 02-Jun-09 20:46:51

badges with mumsnet names on has just been suggested by my DH grin

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 20:48:37

I have a toddler who who will be running everywhere and a baby who is trying to do headstands and failing hmmgrin. Oh, and there's pics on me on my profile wink

I will aim for 2.15/2.30 smile

PatTheHammer Tue 02-Jun-09 20:52:16

I have 5mth old VERY fat baby boy and a little blonde girl who's nearly 3 (will probably be covered in cake and party food).

lankyalto Tue 02-Jun-09 20:54:36

I have a 2.8 little boy and I will probably have a potty in my hand wink

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 21:03:51

I think they are now doing refreshments there as the strawberry season is open, but it may be worth bringing drinks/snacks just in case

silkcushion Tue 02-Jun-09 21:19:36

Excellent location for me - just around the corner.

I'll be very easily spotted - I'm the knackered one who looks like she might give birth at any minute. wink I'll also have dd aged 18 months with me

I take it we are talking about the PYO farm as soon as you come off the roundabout. had no idea it had other stuff there - great suggestion Sazzles.

I'll try and be there 2 - 2.15 as it'll be easy to spot me first - should save us wandering around asking people if they are called silly things.

Btw my actual name is Vivienne (might be less embarassing than asking if I'm silk)

Need to find Monkey now as she is the one who has just moved to the area.

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 21:23:44

Fab smile, hopefully Monkey will see this before tomorrow

silkcushion Tue 02-Jun-09 21:35:09

Just looked for posts from her and she was on here this morning and afternoon so hopefully she's an early bird and will spot it then

SazzlesA Tue 02-Jun-09 21:37:11

Well done Poirot Silk grin

SazzlesA Wed 03-Jun-09 07:23:46

Bump for monkey this sunny morning smile

silkcushion Wed 03-Jun-09 09:21:43

bumping again for Monkey

Morning! Sorry I was looking for this thread smile

I am really, really sorry but I am going to have to take rain check today Really gutted as I wanted to meet everyone but I have got a few urgent issues that need sorting out...sigh...

Can you let me know when the next one is and I won't be in the general moving chaos?

silkcushion Wed 03-Jun-09 09:30:22

oh well nevermind Monkey. How did the move go?

Imoverhere Tue 09-Jun-09 19:29:34

Hello, did you all meet? Was it good or did you turn out to be scary? wink I couldn't come this time cause I was in sunny (and it was) Burnham On Sea at the lovely beach. Would have loved to gone to PYO with you all.

Are you meeting again soon?

PatTheHammer Thu 11-Jun-09 08:49:17

Hi Imoverehere! Glad you had a good hols.
Yes, 4 of us did meet up at the PYO and it was lovely, everyone was really unscary and nicesmile. A great place for kids and I thought the kids played very well together. In fact sazzles my DD was going on about E and L for about 2 days!!

There was talk of another suitable place for meet-up (think lanky suggested over farm or something) but I think we were going to wait until silk had produced her second silklet (Silk, hope you are still looking good for homebirth, any niggles yet???). Although, I may be wrong on this because we had to make a quick exit as the baby was a bit unsettled towards the end.

Perhaps if people start suggesting dates and stuff again something will sort itself out.

Imoverhere Sat 13-Jun-09 21:34:01

Thanks Pat. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if your meeting up again.

A good place I've taken mine is Magic Land in Cirencester - depends on the age of the kids, but if they are 3 or over the kids run around on all the slides and the mums get to drink coffee and talk. Also the Dick Whittington farm park in Longhope is good too.

I'm taking DD and Mother to Primrosee Vale soon - need some strawbs for jam making - glad to hear it is good.

swissmiss Wed 24-Jun-09 22:05:30

Was wondering if anyone was up for a meet-up before the school holidays start?

PatTheHammer Thu 25-Jun-09 10:11:17

swiss I'm back to work for 2 weeks before the start of the summer hols but can do a thursday if anyone else can, or possibly an afternoon meet-up if it was after about 2.30. Will keep eyes peeled.

In other news i noticed that silk had her little girl a few days ago, at home as she planned. Congratulations again to silk!

I would love to meet you all, Thursday is fine with me

swissmiss Thu 25-Jun-09 22:34:49

I could manage a Thurs but would have all 3DCs with me, in itself not a problem!

Congrats Silk.

Do we want to set a date? I can do all THursdays this month ap[art from next week

PatTheHammer Fri 26-Jun-09 22:48:30

I can't do next thurs either (although can do mon or weds afternoon).

Following 2 thursdays ok with me.

Whats the plan, Longhope?

swissmiss Sat 27-Jun-09 22:26:58

Longhope???? Do you mean Dick Whittington's?

Shall we say Thurs 9th??? I'm flexible as to am or pm.

Thurs 9th good for me but can only do pm, also fine for Dick Whittington

leonifay Sun 28-Jun-09 21:19:20

hi, i'm moving to tewkesbury in 3 weeks, i dont have any children of my own yet (but am working on it!) and am a childminder. would you ladies mind if i were to join you in the future, i dont know anyone in the area, me and dh are upping sticks and moving! [nervous] also does any one know of any nice friendly toddler groups in the area i could take mindees to when i start?

PatTheHammer Sun 28-Jun-09 22:02:42

leoni welcome to the area! I have a friend in Northway (nr Tewkes) and I will ask her about toddler groups for you. smile

monkey and swiss thurs 9th pm is fine with me. Is the tea-room any better there than it was last year? If so I may grab some lunch there.

swissmiss Sun 28-Jun-09 22:36:27

no idea pat, i've not been there in a couple of years.

SazzlesA Wed 01-Jul-09 21:11:11

Hello ladies, only just noticed you, sorry blush

Pat - bless your DD smile

Well done to Silk on the homebirth, just wonderful and many congrats to MrSilk too smile. My friend we were talking about also had her homebirth successfully, on her due date

I can't make the 9th but will keep my eye open for the next one. Hope you all have fun smile

lankyalto Wed 01-Jul-09 21:25:54

Oh hello there from me too (thank goodness for active convos).

Can't make next Thursday but hope to see you all soon. And well done silk on the new DD - hope all is going well.

PatTheHammer Wed 01-Jul-09 22:00:30

Hi Lanky and Sazzles, sorry you can't make it to this one. We'll have to sort one out for the holidays and perhaps Silk can bring the brand new one so we can all get broody again.
See you soon!

CMOTdibbler Wed 01-Jul-09 22:04:34

Hi Leoni, I'm near you. Theres a reasonably frequent Worcester meetup, which is evenings if you wanted to go along to those. The pub is just of J7 of the M5, so very easy to find

ImOverHere Fri 03-Jul-09 13:26:25

Hi everyone, just bumped into Patthehammer on another thread (one I'd started here if anyone wants to give me some advice/comfort/wine) and she tells me there's a meet up soon, couldn't make the last one cause was on holiday.

I'd love to come along too - my DD loves the Dick Whittington play barn and I could do with meeting some other mums just to tell me my DD is lovely (hopefully) and not the devil spawn! Is it am or pm?

THink we were going for pm, 2/2.30pm?

Have read your thread, have a 3.5year old DD and an 8mth old DS so have much sympathy with you. Where do you live?

ImOverHere Fri 03-Jul-09 22:38:35

Hi Monkeyandbooba. Great, I'll see you there around then. I'll be the hassled looking one with the mad DD running around like a looney.

I live near Upton St Leonards. You?

I'm actually thinking that the 3's are harder than the 2's (noone told me that beforehand!!)

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Jul-09 09:01:37

I may get there a bit earlier but we can pick a meeting spot for this time (I don't know it that well but I'm sure others have been more than me!). I have a hugely fat 6mth DS and a blonde 3yr old DD who's a bit manic!

Imoverhere, Upton St Leonards is a lovely place, we live in Stonehouse.

ImOverHere Sat 04-Jul-09 09:58:52

I was driving through Stonehouse the other day - DH works at Attwoolls (ski and snowsports equipment buyer) and I'd gone to pick his car up cause he's got air con and I was boiling DS in my car. Stonehouse nice place too. I don't live at U-S-L, but on St Leonards Park, the opposite side of the Painswick Rd (still nice though).

My DS is pretty big and my DD is blonde and manic - are you sure your not me??

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Jul-09 10:02:07

Ha, bit of a smaller gap between mine I think. DD only just turned 3 and DS just about to be 6mth. What is it with boy babies, are they all great big chubby bruisers! grin

ImOverHere Sat 04-Jul-09 10:04:49

I believe they are. DS is twice the size DD was at that age. My brother used to be so fat he was called weeble (as in weebles wabble but they dont fall down) for yrs (great big 6ft 4 policeman now, so we don't call him weeble anymore!)

swissmiss Sat 04-Jul-09 22:00:02

Pat, what time do you plan on getting there? I might be earlier too. I can't stay too long as DH and I have to be at an auction in Ledbury late afternoon.

I'll be the frazzled one with 3 DC's, DS is 4.5, DD1 is 3.25 and DD2 is 9mths! Similar gap to Pat's but with an older one too. shock

LOL at 3's harder than 2's, wait til they get to 4's!

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Jul-09 22:13:56

Swiss-my DC's have lunch about 1pm so will get there just before then if you want to meet earlier. Anyone know how much it is these days? I am skint so will have to go cap in hand to DH for a handout grin

Back to work on monday to remedy the skintness, only part-time but sad all the same!
What, the 4's are bad too! Eeek, when DOES it get good!

LOL at the weeble

swissmiss Sat 04-Jul-09 23:01:23

Pat, see you there shortly before 1? Prices are here. Good luck on Monday.

I can meet at 1pm too, whereabouts will we meet?

I have 1 dd (3.5) and DS (9mths), DS will be in a green M&P Luna pushchair and DD will be carrying her umbilicalcord grey rabbit grin

Oh and DS is a chubster (93rd centile!) so no missing him grin

ImOverHere Sun 05-Jul-09 10:22:57

I can get there for 1 too, which in fact suits me better.

So we'll be looking out for each others mad 3yr olds and huge babies. Spot the mumsnetter!

PatTheHammer Sun 05-Jul-09 13:36:53

1 it is then, shall we meet at the picnic tables outside the entrance? Can't really remember the place that well to think of another!

My enormous DS will be in a black Quinny and he is a baldy Matt Lucas lookalike. Oh, and I have a black and white floral changing bag. And about a million bags under my eyes as DS still wakes 2/3 times nightly.....Ho-hum!

ImOverHere Sun 05-Jul-09 17:38:42

Yup, picnic tables is good place (and when I was there about a month ago they were still there).

I will have ancient 3 wheeler mothercare buggy in brown, blue stripy changing bag (otherwise known as £4 beach bag from Matalan grin) and shall also be sporting the latest look in bags under eyes (DS also waking 3 times a night - bless his little cotton socks hmm)

swissmiss Sun 05-Jul-09 21:38:52

See you at the picnic tables for 1. I'll be with one with the dinky 9mth DD, with full head of brown hair in a grey Mclaren Techno XT plus 3 y.o. DD, who is spitting image of me and DS, 4, who is a ususally very loud! Oh I'll also be sporting the million bags under the eyes.

swissmiss Sun 05-Jul-09 21:43:53

Quick headcount for 9th grin:
PatTheHammer
ImOverHere
Monkeyandbooba
swissmiss

Not able to come (this time) sad:
lankyalto
SazzlesA

ImOverHere Tue 07-Jul-09 19:13:14

Just wanted to say that I realised today you are my first 'internet date'.

I hope you don't turn out to be mad stalkers! grin

PatTheHammer Tue 07-Jul-09 19:36:24

LOL, I was quite nervous when I went to the last one. Feel an old hand at this now! grin.

Although, DH still relentlessly taking the piss about me meeting 'my friends off the internet'. Think he is just worried that you are all men in RL grin

swissmiss Tue 07-Jul-09 21:35:26

IOH - it's ok, I'm in exactly the same shoes as you. grin

swissmiss Thu 09-Jul-09 10:34:14

My DH is exactly the same! "Oh, an internet date.... how do you know they're not all errrmmm....." He's not working today but didn't offer to come along too to protect us make sure, so he can't be too worried! grin

Lovely day today, so thank you DD suddenly spiked a temperature on return and complained of a headache and streaming eyes...groan... restless night for me then. Many apologies if we passed anything on

PatTheHammer Thu 09-Jul-09 19:18:50

Monkey, my DD the same....knew she wasn't herself so I do apologise if it is anything catching! We have had Nurofen and an early night sad.

Lovely to meet everyone smile

Oh boo

ImOverHere Thu 09-Jul-09 22:23:39

Hello all, hope your DD's are OK (I've got a sore throat but I'm ignoring it!). We had a good time today and it was lovely to meet you all.

DD slept from 6.15pm to 7.45am shock and then got up like nothing was wrong! Seems absolutely fine today if a little pale, most strange!?

ImOverHere Fri 10-Jul-09 16:58:51

must have been all the excitement. Funnily enough my dd slept from 715 til 8 this am - lovely.

swissmiss Fri 10-Jul-09 17:37:12

It was great to meet you all yesterday.

Glad to hear DD's recovered Monkey.

How's DD today Pat?

PatTheHammer Fri 10-Jul-09 19:05:29

Hi, Bit whingey and still a bit warm. Made DH take her to playgroup as it was her sports day. They phoned him to take up the calpol at 10.30am as she was hot again. Once she has the medicine she is fine though!

In bed by 6.20pm tonight shock.

Now, If I can just get DS to follow suit grin

swissmiss Mon 13-Jul-09 22:02:13

Any one planning on going to the Stratford Park Picnic on Monday coming???

PatTheHammer Tue 14-Jul-09 14:37:14

Oh, bum! I am away at my mums that week. Would have loved to have gone as well sad. Will be up for anything after the 26th July though!

swissmiss Tue 14-Jul-09 22:24:10

Don't yet know if we'll go but it's on the calander if I 'need' something to do that day!

Pat have a lovely time at your Mum's.

ImOverHere Wed 15-Jul-09 21:07:20

Hi all, hope your DC's are well. Wont be goign on Monday myself - I go to weight watchers on Mondays (32lb lost so far - she says with slightly proud and smug voice).

I'd love to meet up again sometime.

PatTheHammer Sat 18-Jul-09 22:00:25

Oooh, get you Imoverhere grin!

Fab weight loss!

Would love another meet-up in the summer. Most of August ok for us as we're just away down south for the next week.

swissmiss Thu 23-Jul-09 10:13:43

IOH - fantastic job on the weight loss.

Pat - Hope you're having a nice time away.

I ended up not going, didn't fancy trying our luck with the weather.

I'm up for another meet up over the summer. Fingers crossed for some slightly dryer weather.

ImOverHere Fri 24-Jul-09 18:43:56

Thanks Pat, I'm feeling most proud!

I'd love to meet up again. Anytime in August is good for me. Not sure where we could go? I guess it depends on the weather but Stratford Park might be quite good.

Hi ladies smile I'd love to meet up again soon!

PatTheHammer Tue 28-Jul-09 21:19:47

Hi Monkey, hope you are settling in well.

Had a good week away thanks Swiss.

First two weeks in August looking pretty sparse for me. Anyone else? Stratford Park good idea IOH if the weather fine.

swissmiss Tue 28-Jul-09 21:59:14

Don't think I'll be up for the next meet. Just this minute booked a single Dover-Calais crossing for early next week. No clue when we'll be back..... no, not emigrating, just visiting my family abroad with no fix plan other than to be back for start of school in sept. As of Friday this week DH is out of work sad so we're trying to make the best of things.

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:06:20

oops only just spotted the reappearance of the thread

Thanks for all the congratulations. Can't believe dd2 is 5 weeks old already!

When's the next meet up then? I have more or less nothing lined up.

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:06:21

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:06:22

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:06:23

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:06:25

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:07:42

hmmm I'm very sorry about that. Not sure quite what I did

swissmiss Tue 28-Jul-09 22:10:20

yikes silk! leant on the post button? it's amazing how fast those first weeks fly past.

don't think any dates set as yet. hang around here and i'm sure the others will stop by and sort something out.

silkcushion Tue 28-Jul-09 22:16:43

no idea how I managed to cretae that multiple post. Baby brain is my defence for such stupidity blush

Sorry to hear about yr dh Swiss. Hope you have a good trip abroad

swissmiss Tue 28-Jul-09 22:37:05

Thanks Silk, known it was coming for a good while now but it's still sucks. Will have to make sure we don't stay at my Mum's for too long or she'll drive us both round the bend!

Baby brain is a valid defence imo.

PatTheHammer Wed 29-Jul-09 08:21:21

Swiss- sorry about your DH sad. Hope you have a nice time away, sounds ideal!

Silk Did you have a wriggly little DD on your lap whilst typing grin. I always say that if i double post even if its not true! 5 weeks already! Hope all going ok and DD1 adjusting welll to her new sister.

Would anyone be up for either wednesday 5th August or Friday 7th??? Just some dates we happen to have nothing on as an idea for a start. Not sure when others working or DC's at nursery so please chuck some dates into the mix smile

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Thu 30-Jul-09 13:19:44

Hi all - I could do the 5th somewhere, or the 12th. Not the 7th though.

If it's nice weather we could go to Stratford Park in Stroud?

PatTheHammer Thu 30-Jul-09 16:35:57

Hi Cat! Stratford Park is the general idea at the moment just trying to sort dates.

Anyone else free on the 5th??? Also to throw into the mix there is a 'family fun day' at Pitville Park on the 5th August if anyone fancies that instead?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 31-Jul-09 08:36:03

Sorry, should say that I was ImOVerHere - changed name because the cat is indeed a bastard!

PatTheHammer Fri 31-Jul-09 20:09:05

Does anyone fancy the 5th August at Pitville Park???

Stratford park is surrounded by awful roadworks at the moment. Went there today on foot because one end Stratfor road blocked off adn you can't get through so the traffic is crazy.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 31-Jul-09 20:15:08

Pat, I'm here. I can do Pitville Park next Weds.

PatTheHammer Fri 31-Jul-09 21:08:18

Oh good, there is a family funday or summat, picnics etc.

Shall we say 11.30???

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 31-Jul-09 21:53:59

Should be OK, might be a bit late (pm would be better for me, but not to worry if thats no good for you). I don't know Pitville Park that well (at all well, in fact), where is a good place to park and meet?

SazzlesA Fri 31-Jul-09 21:58:20

ooh, hello all smile

I think i can do the 5th although our new windows are being fitted on the 4th and 5th and not sure if i am supposed to be here or not. I will check if DH can work from home that day anyway smile

Will be good to catch up with everyone smile

Parking tips would be handy for me too

PatTheHammer Fri 31-Jul-09 22:09:15

Later is fine with me, suggest a time if you like as I can always pop into town first. There is parking behind the pump room (could be busy) and in the streets all around the park. I have never had a problem parking around it tbh, but some roads could be resident only on weekdays so watch out! Alternatively there is a pay and display in North Place which is within walking distance, bit pricey though!

Ordinarily i would say meet at the bandstand, but as there is children's entertainment on it may be occupied. There are some animals near the kids park bit. We could meet there??

Nice to see you again sazzlessmile

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 31-Jul-09 22:21:36

Could we say 1:30ish instead then? I think I can probably find the animals near the kids park bit - if you spot me wandering aimlessly with wailing DD and DS, please come rescue me.

PatTheHammer Fri 31-Jul-09 22:24:31

cat the animals are in BIG cages, you can't miss them. I will keep a look-out though, although may not recognise you with all that weight lost wink.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 31-Jul-09 22:50:04

Oh yes, if I turn sideways now you can barely see me.

Count me in too grin lets pray for better weather than this British monsoon we are having at the moment hmm

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sat 01-Aug-09 18:52:52

SO, so far coming is:

Me (skinny bird - I wish!)
Pat
Monkey
SazzlesA

Time 1:30, Pitville Park, by the BIG animal cages (where we shall resist the temptation to cage the children).

Anyone else out there?

ApuskiDusky Mon 03-Aug-09 17:59:39

Well, I really am going through Mumsnet with my eyes closed not to notice a Gloucester area meet-up thread! Too much time exclusively on active convos. I'm in Cheltenham, with a nearly 2 yo ds. I'm working on Weds, but wanted to say hello anyway, and will keep a better eye out for future activity!

PatTheHammer Mon 03-Aug-09 18:52:41

Hi Apuski, please do join us when you can, I'm sure there will be another smile. Do you always work wednesdays?

So, Lanky and Silk are you out there? C'mon Silk you know we all want to cluck over meet the brand new one grin

silkcushion Mon 03-Aug-09 20:04:57

hellloooo

I shall try to post this only once!

Not sure that I can make Wednesday as I have DH with me as he's got the week off. Will be in Cheltenham though for a dental appointment in the morning. Shall mention to DH tonight and convince him to attend a mn meet up. Might be able to pop over for a fleeting visit whilst he gets his haircut/looks in hmv/generally chuffs around town.

Oh just realised my mum will be visiting too - she wouldn't mind a meet up as she's fascinated by mn after hearing about the penguin saga smile

Think Pittville Park in the pissing pouring down rain will be lovely.

Have an alternate/cheeky suggestion if weather is really bad. Brockworth children's centre has a stay and play session between 1 and 3 (free of charge). Not sure if you're meant to live locally but the staff there seem keen for people to use their facilities.

Only one other problem I can think of - I can barely squeeze my fat arse and wobbly tummy into my jeans and a skinny minny is going to be there envy

The weather does look pretty dire on Wednesday, should we have a plan B?

PatTheHammer Mon 03-Aug-09 21:20:16

Ok, If it is very wet in the morning shall we change tack and meet at Brockworth thingy?

Silk...does it have a postcode for satnav or is it easy enough to find?

Thought tuesday looked the bad day but the forecast seems to have changed somewhat smile

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 04-Aug-09 13:10:59

I'm up for Brockworth thing if it's chucking it down (quite close to where I live too, which suits me). Where is it? At the secondary school?

Silk - if your referring to me as a skinny minny, don't worry, I've still got 3st to go before I can be classed as anything other than wobbly.

Brockworth near me too, I think it is attached to a primary school??

PatTheHammer Tue 04-Aug-09 14:01:26

Listen Silk.....You want to start worrying about squeezing arse and tum into jeans 7 MONTHS down the line like me!grin

Forecast says cloudy at the mo, will keep an eye.

Also DS poorly yesterday and today. Has had temp since sunday which seems to be going down and now he is just plain miserable. Hope is feeling brighter for tomorrow.

Is it Brockworth Primary?

silkcushion Tue 04-Aug-09 19:39:53

Brockworth children's centre is a sure start place attached to the primary school.

I'll check the thread to see where you've decided upon before heading out tomorrow morning. Think I may struggle to make the meet up because of loads to do but shall try my best to get there at some point.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 04-Aug-09 20:18:36

Well, the weather is looking pretty pants right now, but supposed to be OK tomorrow.

I might be a tad late if we're going to Pitville but I'll come find y'all.

I don't mind where we go so I'll check in to see the vote tomorrow (I stupidly promised DH I'd not spend all night on t'internet mumsnet tonight so wont be around til the morning after now),

lankyalto Tue 04-Aug-09 21:19:12

<shuffles in late>
hello all, will check in tomorrow weatherwise and may be able to make it, not sure where children's centre is but am used to getting lost in Brockworth......
hope everyone is well

SazzlesA Tue 04-Aug-09 21:24:16

Hello all - i will check in tomorrow morning too for the final decision

I think DD1 goes to that childrens centre with her CM so i shall have to ask her the way hmmgrin

PatTheHammer Tue 04-Aug-09 21:44:14

So......roll-call tomorrow looking as such:

Cat (could be late)
Pat
Monkey
SazzlesA
Lanky (possibly)
Silk (maybe flying visit)

Plan A: If the weather ok
Time 1:30, Pitville Park, by the BIG animal cages (where we shall resist the temptation to cage the children).

OR Plan B: If it is raining
Time 1pm-3pm, Brockworth children's centre by the primary school

SazzlesA Tue 04-Aug-09 21:47:25

LOL Pat, you a teacher? wink

PatTheHammer Tue 04-Aug-09 21:56:39

Guilty as charged blush

SazzlesA Tue 04-Aug-09 22:09:00

Thought i remembered correctly LOL grin

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 06:34:46

I have just seen the weatherforecast (yes been up since 5.30am hmm) and it does look better again later with no rain predicted. Currently pissing it down though.........

Forecast here smile

PatTheHammer Wed 05-Aug-09 08:19:53

Ok, so slight shower at 1pm? I am still up for park then as it should be over by the time we get there. Will check back at about 10.30 to see what it says.

Sazzles- we have also been up since stupid o'clock so I wholly sympathise!

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 08:59:56

Hello you early risers (if it helps DS seems to want to wake every 2 and half hrs after midnight at the moment - bless his hearthmm.

Weather forecast says it's going to clear up around here (although as I type it is drizzly here).

If it's nice then lets go for the park (prob be on time, but if not, don't wait for me I'll come find you all)

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 09:07:05

LOL it has changed since i posted it! I may be late too as the DD's nap after lunch but i am going for an 11.30 lunch and will be there asap. I too will try and remember what you look like come and track you down grin

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 10:45:23

OK - so today is the day that DD decides to throw up and get a temp. I'm dosing here with calpol and seeing how she is, but it's looking like I might not be able to make it.

Sorry everyone. Next time. Have a good one.

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 11:08:20

Oh no, poor DD sad

Was looking forward to meeting you too. Hopefully we can do one soon smile

PatTheHammer Wed 05-Aug-09 11:32:57

Oh poor DD Cat sad!

DS still snotty and miserable but no temp since monday so think he is getting better. Kept them housebound yesterday and cancelled a trip out so not going to do it today, so will make it!

Everyone else still coming?? Brightened up here, so hope to see everyone soon smile.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 11:37:51

Well, she's very quiet (a highly unusual state for her!). We were baking this morning so she may have over dosed on cake!

I don't think I'll be able to make it TBH - I don't want to give anyone else the lurgy! Shame cause I was looking forward to it.

Have a good time and yes, lets meet up again soon.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 13:57:10

Booh sad - it's 1:55 and you'll all be meeting now and I'm at home with slightly poorly (she's perked up a bit) DD and DS. Too late to come now - by the time I get there you'll have finished!

Ah well, next time.

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 17:59:57

LOL i didn't get there till about 2.15! Parking was a bit of a mare. The girls (minimonkey, poppetpat and smallsazz) all ran round having great fun which was lovely and we got a bit of a chance to natter smile. DD1 was the last one allowed on the bouncy castle before they closed it - Pat, not sure either of them would have been allowed on if you had stayed but i pleaded with him for 'just one more' grin

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 19:27:52

Just noticed from the other thread MyCat that your DD is about the same age as the other girls today - we had 3 DD's between 2.9 and 3.5 and 3 babies between 5 months and a year!

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 19:48:58

She'd have liked that. Never mind, next time (assuming you didn't all hate each other and never want to meet again!)

Chulita Wed 05-Aug-09 19:57:56

Ooh! I just realised this part of MN exists blush I've obviously just missed a meet-up but if there's another one that would be fab. DD's 8.5 mths and we're a bit bored of Churchdown/Longlevens walks grin - [hopefully crosses fingers that she didn't kill this thread]

lankyalto Wed 05-Aug-09 20:08:01

Glad you had a nice time ladies, sorry we weren't organised enough to get there today.

Hello Chulita come and join the merry throng. Where do you live, what age dcs do you have? I am in Abbeymead and have one ds who is 3 in September.

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 20:09:30

LOL Chulita - no we are a bit of a random posting crowd but growing smile

We will try and sort something in the next few weeks as a lot of people are quite free in the hols. What days are best for you?

I go to the PYO at Shurdington quite a lot as they have a play area and outdoor cafe and is free, so i will post on here if i plan on popping up there smile

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 20:10:36

And well done to Lanky for starting this thread smile

<<waves to Lanky>>

Hi Chulita, I am in Churchdown and have DD (3.5) and DS (9.5mths)

Enjoyed the meet-up today, both mine zonked out as soon as I started the car!

PatTheHammer Wed 05-Aug-09 20:26:04

Hi everyone!

Sazzles- glad that Smallsazz managed a quick bounce before offski. Great plan to stop at my IL's, we even managed to wangle tea! Got home at 6.30, had a 30 sec dunk in the bath, pjs and bed.......fantastic grin.

Monkey- glad yours were worn out, hope you have a better week and manage to get round to some unpacking!

Lanky- Next time! Hope potty training your DS going well.

Chulita- Hi and welcome, I recognise your name from the BLW thread, welcome aboard!

Cat- Glad your DD better, but how annoying that she perked up a bit too late sad.

We must all meet again soon, PYO or Stratford Park when the roadworks gone. Next week manic for us, last week of August pretty free though.

lankyalto Wed 05-Aug-09 20:39:07

Wednesday is a good day for me, how about the 26th at Stratford park?

LOL at potty training it all seems so long ago now... I think I was on day 3 at the first meet up, and after a couple more days he had "got it" totally and is fine all day and at night too. Actually on Sunday he fell asleep coming home and slept from 7pm to 8am (TOTALLY unheard of) having done his last wee at 5pm-ish. He has a camel bladder.

Good luck with the unpacking Monkey.

<<waves to sazzles and pat>>

PatTheHammer Wed 05-Aug-09 20:50:10

Oh, I can do that day Lanky, shall we pencil it in as the next possible?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 20:58:16

I'm back. DD seems perfectly well now (of course!!).

Sazzles - I'll come along straw picking, I've been thinking of going to the one in Shurdington.

Pat & Lanky - I can do 26th, might have my cousin and her 2yr old DS with me (poss visiting from London that wki), but she's perfectly presentable smile and wont let any MN secrets out into the wider world!

Chulita - Hello, hope to meet you soon.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 05-Aug-09 20:59:26

Strawberry picking, of course - straw picking not quite so much fun!

PatTheHammer Wed 05-Aug-09 21:20:39

LOL at straw picking, although DD would enjoy that too. She seems to like sticks and grass and stuff! Yeah, we'd be up for that too if freesmile

SazzlesA Wed 05-Aug-09 22:48:23

I will check on 26th, i may have visitors but will keep you posted

Good call on the IL's Pat grin

Mycat - i don;t actually pick unless DH is there too [wimp], but have a play with the DD's and buy some lovely picked strawberries grin

silkcushion Thu 06-Aug-09 06:57:19

Sorry I didn't make it. Just one of those days where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I was glad to go to bed last night tbh.

Sounds like you had a nice time.

Lanky - I was thinking about yr ds's toliet training. Glad to see he's done so well.

26th is fine for me

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Thu 06-Aug-09 09:08:05

Lanky - haven't met yet, but well done on the quick potty training. My DD took a lot longer than a week!

Sazzles - thats my kind of picking, the one where someone else does it for you first (although might have to let DD have a little go - see how many she can eat in one go!)

Hope to see some of you on 26th then

lankyalto Thu 06-Aug-09 13:19:13

Hi Silk
Hope things are a but better today and that your dds are both well.
Hello Cat - yes, I was surprised, as I was dreading PT but in the end it was OK as he has so pleased with himself for doing the deeds onthe potty and wearing "big boy pants"....

Chulita Fri 07-Aug-09 21:31:45

Not ignoring you all, just lost internet for 2 days and it's still shaky so might not get on much this weekend. I've got a DD 8.5 mths and we live in Innsworth at the mo. DH just got word yesterday that we're to move though so we're only here for another 6 weeks - nothing like advance notice!
[waves to Pat] grin

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sat 15-Aug-09 18:50:57

Hello all, just checking in, seeing how our summer is going thus far. Not too bad in the Cat household - lots of days out, eating in the garden (beating off the wasps) and chilled white wine.

Hope to see you all on 26th (if we're still meeting up)

lankyalto Wed 19-Aug-09 20:14:16

hello Cat, and everyone else, just bumping this up to see who is still up for 26th at Stratford Park in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

PatTheHammer Thu 20-Aug-09 10:31:37

Oh hello, yep we can still do 26th, not fussed about time. The dodgy roadworks are still on stratford road but meant to finish on the 23rd. i shall keep an eye and if they are still there maybe we can swap back to that PYO place or something as it is a nightmare getting through Stroud at the best of times.

Summer has been good here too Cat, although today looks pretty bleurgh and grey! Bit envy of your chilled white wine as started my healthy eating plan last sunday and only had one small glass of Pimms at a BBQ last week, been refusing wine so far sad. Still 4lbs off so far, yay! Long way to go till i get into your territory thoughsmile

SazzlesA Thu 20-Aug-09 22:23:02

If the weather is ok tomorrow i will probably pop into the PYO late morning if anyone is at a loose end smile

silkcushion Sat 22-Aug-09 12:19:53

I'm can't believe it. I'm away next wed/thurs so I'll miss the next meet up too. hope to make at least one before retunring to work on 21st September

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sat 22-Aug-09 13:26:08

Hello all, yup, can still do 26th, anytime - got no plans (such is life eh?). Don't mind Stratford Park or PYO, whereever really.

SazzlesA - darn, I read this too late, I could have gone to the PYO. Hope you had a nice time ( or was it raining - yesterday was AGES away, my brain isn't retaining information for more than about 3 seconds - I am a goldfish!).

See ya soon

SazzlesA Sun 23-Aug-09 20:16:02

Mycat - it was raining in the morning after a beautiful start so we went to Sainsbury's instead hmmgrin. I let DD choose her own lunch to compensate for the lack of slides. She chose chorizo, olives and pasta pesto salad (odd child hmm)

I am thinking of going up there in the morning if the weather is ok as DD1 hasn't forgotten my promise of taking her on Fri. I will drop a post on here if i do smile

PatTheHammer Sun 23-Aug-09 21:35:40

That sounds a lovely lunch Sazzles, can you take me to Sainsburys to choose my own next time???grin Lucky DD!

Enjoy PYO tomorrow, we would have love to come but going to Roves Farm near Swindon tomorrow. Anyone been? bit worried it may be a rip-off as costing me and DD £11 to get in but heigh-ho, my friend chose it so will go along and blame her if rubbishsmile!

Cat- I can still do the 26th, is it a morning thing? Bout 10.30 would be good for us then.

Silk- Shame you can't make it, would have liked to see the small one. Back to work on the 21st? How do you feel about it? I go back properly on the 1st and am dreading it!

SazzlesA Sun 23-Aug-09 22:08:57

Of course i will Pat grin. If it saves me having to make decisions, i'm happy blush

I have heard great things about Roves Farm - i'm sure you will have a lovely time envysmile

I think i can still do 26th, although have a friend coming for lunch so i just need to check timings

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Mon 24-Aug-09 09:27:50

Saz - you daughter much more sophisticated than mine. We went for the culinary delights that is Sainsbury's cafe last Tuesday and she wanted.... a bowl of chips!

Pat - Yup, can still do Weds morning, although just heard it might be raining - lets watch the weather forecast. I might be a bit later than 10:30 (nearer 11).

If the weather is pants, shall we re-arrange for the week after?, maybe silk can make it then.

SazzlesA Mon 24-Aug-09 09:31:17

Well, it's still dry here (just) so i am going to go to the PYO about 10ish

Mycat - in the cafe she would have gone for chips grin

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Mon 24-Aug-09 09:36:15

Ah, that was my mistake then .In my defence I was feeling really lazy tired so just thought I'd take the simplest laziest route for lunch - DS also had a jar. I should have finished the lot off with a greggs sausage roll <whispers - she did have a fruit shoot>

I'd love to come today but got relatives staying today and tomorrow. Myabe see you Weds (or on the Shiney thread?).

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Mon 24-Aug-09 18:48:02

Slight change of plan for me on Weds I'm afraid. Rellys stating til Weds so, as much as I'd like to abandon them (their DS is v sweet but v hard work - much like my DD was at that age) - I really can't cause they are lovely people!

I can meet up next week tho. Also, looks like pants weather on Wednesday so maybe not be the best time to meet up outdoors and I should think that all the indoors places will be heaving if it is raining on Weds.

PatTheHammer Mon 24-Aug-09 19:10:07

I can't do wednesday next week cause back at worksad. I can still do friday afternoon this week if any good?? Or I could possibly do next tuesday afternoon at about 3pm onwards.

Agree that wednesday weather looks pants. Can anyone else do friday afternoon?

lankyalto Mon 24-Aug-09 19:49:48

Hmm... "heavy rain", great!

Well, xp has gone to Spain for a fortnight - hooray! So I can do any day really. How about you Cat can you do a Friday pm? Maybe Silk could too?

Ooh Pat how was Roves farm, is that the one advertised in the b4 afterschool magazine?

Hello! (I have named changed, was Monkeyandbooba) I can do Friday afternoon smile

PatTheHammer Mon 24-Aug-09 20:20:21

Oh hey Lanky, Roves farm was really good for DD, lots of stuff to do and cool anilmals (11 day old piglets, awwwwwgrin). Bit pricey but managed to avoid paying for Dd by saying she was not 3 yet (yep, wonder how long that will lasthmm)

Oh, only downer was I got stung and they have a bad wasp problem!

Hi Rabbit/monkey smile

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Mon 24-Aug-09 20:30:56

Hi everyone - yup, I can do Friday afternoon. Where we going?

Pat - You can tell us about Roves Farm. I'm always on the look out for something to do with the kids!

PatTheHammer Mon 24-Aug-09 20:38:20

Stratford park should be ok by then as roadworks should be over today. Went to the museum there the other day for the first time and its quite good for kids actually....pleasant surprise! Back up plan in case of rain could be to dive in there, they serve tea and coffee and its free!

SazzlesA Mon 24-Aug-09 20:55:34

Hello all - we went to the PYO this morning but it started to rain as we left the house angry. I decided to go anyway as we needed to get out from under the painters feet. DD1 went on the swing, said hello to the goats and rabbit and then wanted to pick some raspberries which were delicious

I can hopefully do Fri if i can put my sister off from visiting which i am desperately trying to do as things are a bit hectic here. Will keep you posted.....literally grin

Stratford Park is in Stroud right? What sort of time? I'd prefer early afternoon rather than later, if that is not being too picky grin

PatTheHammer Mon 24-Aug-09 21:05:24

Yep its in Stroud. Just go up the A46 and, hopefully if the roadworks are gone, just turn right at the roundabout before Stroud, go past Tescos and the car-park is on your right a bit further up.

Early afternoon fine with me, my kids eat lunch at 12 so we can be fit to go at about 1pm.

A good meeting point is the Lido entrance as there are benches etc to sit on.

silkcushion Tue 25-Aug-09 08:32:35

I am back on Friday but have already agreed to go to Brockworth stay and play with a mum from my NCT group - that's 1-3 and a great option if the weather is dodgy as they have an indoor and an outdoor bit.

I promise I'll make a meet up again at some time. This little baby will be a toddler by the time you get to meet her!!!

SazzlesA Wed 26-Aug-09 10:55:33

I can't do Fri now as my subtle hints for my sis not to come and stay appear to have gone over her head hmm. Have fun and hope to catch you all soon smile

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Thu 27-Aug-09 09:48:33

GAH! - DD keeps throwing up, not sure I can do Friday now. There is gastroenteritis (sp?) at her nursery and although she is pretty bright after she's been sick I don't know if she has that or it is her cough making her wretch a bit (which she does sometimes - did I mention she has a cough too).

I'll see how she is today and tonight and if all is well I'll let you know first thing.

Kids!

lankyalto Thu 27-Aug-09 18:12:33

Reckon that leaves you and me then Pat.....
Do you want to postpone?

BTW did I spot you at Welly Boot Land today, with your ds making a dash for the water......

PatTheHammer Thu 27-Aug-09 18:53:28

Yes I was there......OMG I went with a group of friends and saw 3 other people who I know but didn't know they were going today!! Well it seems everyone had the same ideagrin

DS did manage to put his hands in the water, then wasn't too sure! Great day though, what lovely weathersmile

I think monkey is still coming???? If there is at least 3 of us (and possibly cat) then I think its worthwile. in fact I will probably go anyway as just down road for me!

I will loiter at the Lido entrance at what time was it??? 1.30? And see who turns up grin

Oh bugger, DH has decided to take the day of tomorrow angry grin so I shall have to pass this time. Instead I have a joyous day of decorating ahead of me...lovely... hmm

Mycat how is your daughter?

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Thu 27-Aug-09 19:50:24

Well, DD now in bed, coughing but not throwing up (yet). Did get a bit hot and bothered earlier though and I've got a feeling I'm in for another night of sickness. Lovely!!!

I'll check in in the morning.

Rabbit - I hate decorating (although would possibly take that rather than washing sick out of my hair at 3am!)

PatTheHammer Thu 27-Aug-09 19:56:45

Rabbit- Have fun decorating!

Cat- hope she is well tonight, we are going to Stratford park anyhow I think so just drop a line on here in the morning if you guys up to it!

lankyalto Thu 27-Aug-09 20:13:39

Weather forecast suggests "light rain showers" so I'll leave it until lunchtime and see how it goes.

Pat Yes it was heaving wasn't it? I have not been there before but we had a great time. Welly bit was deserted at 10am when we arrived so ds had it all to himself for ages, he was a bit surprised later on to see it so busy. Shame about all the nasty wasps though <must not pass wasp obsession on to ds emoticon>

Cat hope your dd has a reasonable night.

tegan Thu 27-Aug-09 20:30:37

I'm in the forest if anyone cares

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 28-Aug-09 09:25:40

Hello all

tegan - We care. Be lovely to meet you. Loads to do in the forest, perhaps we could come out your way? Whereabouts are you? I'm MyCat (might be name changing again soon though), I'm married and have a DD 3.10 and DS 6mths, live in Gloucester near Upton St Leonards if you know it.

DD up for 2hrs last night so I'm taking her to the doctors today. THought I'd better get her checked out again (went last week, but she's got worse since) before the weekend.

So, very sorry, but probably wont go today.

Pat and Lanky where is welly land? SOunds like fun.

lankyalto Fri 28-Aug-09 17:46:14

Cat It is at Slimbridge wildfowl and wetlands trust place. It is quite new I think. Hope your dd is feeling better today.

Hello tegan yes there are lovely places to see in the Forest. Hope you are having a good summer.

I didn't make it today either - just too unpredicatable weather-wise. And had to stay in waiting for a plumber (££££££££)

Hope everyone is well - have a good Bank Holiday weekend.

SazzlesA Fri 28-Aug-09 20:38:19

We went to Westonbirt today to the Festival of Wood which was very good and i became an annual member - if you do it now you get it for £24 (+ entry to the festival) which includes your DC's and is valid until Dec 2010 (not quite annual then hmm)

Mycat - how is DD? I reckon you live about 2 miles from me grin. Do you ever go walking/playing up on the Beacon with the DC's?

PatTheHammer Fri 28-Aug-09 20:57:33

Oh I love Westonbirt, we are joining soon so thanks for the tip. Its only about 20 mins from me and the DC's love it.

Cat- DD ok today?
Welly boot land is at Slimbridge and it is fab! We are members there and we pay £4.10 a month for joint adult membership. We go A LOT so well worth it. Sometimes DD just likes the welly bit and sometimes we do all the birds/tropical house/tower/inside bits. They now have otters and stuff there, so cute!
Since it doesn't cost me anything I would thoroughly recommend a meet-up there grin

Lanky- we popped to tescos at lunchtime and got as far as feeding the ducks when it started to rain, so I never made it up to the park bit, just legged it back to the car! DD had just had her hair cut and was worried about getting her new do wet!!!

Tegan- there are some great places in the forest. i like the area around coleford. Not been to Puzzlewood yet though, is it any good for small children as I notice its not suitable for pushchairs

SazzlesA Fri 28-Aug-09 21:30:06

Pat - i'm not sure how much longer the 15 months for the price of 12 is, although actually thinking whilst i type, it is until dec. I tried to join in June and was told i only would only get 6 months membership for 12 month cost (they always renew in Dec). I pointed out this was not really annual membership and they looked confused at me like i was speaking double dutch hmm

tegan Sat 29-Aug-09 08:43:50

I am in coleford, but sadly donn't go to all the tourist things, well you never do when they are on you're doorstep.

Would love to meet up sometime

I have dd1 11 yrs
dd2 5yrs
ds 9 months

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Sun 30-Aug-09 20:28:43

Hi all - namechanged in honour of our flea free house (I hope).

DD still coughing like a loon and keeping us up for an hour or so in the middle of the night. She's had a dose of medi sed tonight in the vain hope that she'll sleep through it all. Also got a humidifier in her room so I am really hoping for a good nights sleep <prays hard to any god prepared to listen>. Thankyou all for asking.

Sazzles - yes we do go up the Beacon a bit. Were going to go on Friday but didn't cause of DD. I'm on the road to Sneedhams Green (not actually Matson, St Leonards Park if you know it).

Pat - We love Westonbirt, go up a couple of times a year if we can. Now you've reminded me of it may go up again soon.

Lanky and Pat - We haven't been to Slimbridge for a while (I was convinced DD was going to try and swim with the ducks last time). I like the idea of Welly Boot land. Will have to go.

Tegan - WOuld be lovely to meet you and your DC's (quite a few of us seem to have baby DC's). DH and I were talking about going to Puzzlewood the other day, its really lovely. We also took DD to the mini railway last year, she loved it.

I just booked DD's birthday party at Dick WHittington for end of October. SHe really loves it and you can have a bash in their medieval castle for £6 a head but do your own food (which suits me).

Shall we try and meet up again in September - hopefully by then DD will be well (for my sanity of nothing else!). I'm away the week of 21st but other than that pretty free.

lankyalto Tue 01-Sep-09 19:52:35

Pat Good luck with going back to work tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

PatTheHammer Wed 02-Sep-09 22:17:50

Cheers Lanky. Went not too bad, the DC's loving nursery. My classroom on the other hand is a shit-tip and has taken me 2 days to sort it outangry.

Cat- I can only do thursday afternoons in september and well, up till half-term really. Don't worry bout me though, I can always come to next one if its in the hols (perhaps welly-boot land a good candidate for next meet???).
Party at Dick whittys sounds great.
We also love the mini-railway, maybe going to puzzlewood on saturday.

Sazzles- going to get myself to Westonbirt before dec then. Always like going in october/november usually as the colours are amazing.

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Thu 03-Sep-09 10:04:15

Pat - Hope work gets a bit tidier for you (can't you get the kids doing it as a project wink)

I'm happy to go to wellyboot land, sounds my kind of place!

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Sun 06-Sep-09 13:36:55

Probably a bit late to put this on, but in case anyone was at a loose end this pm (Sunday) the fire station on Eastern Avenue is open.

I'm taking DD and DS so I can gawp at firemen for educational purposes.

grin

lankyalto Sun 06-Sep-09 18:48:30

ooh thanks Cat - drat I missed it. Hope you had a good --lech at the firemen-- educational time...

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Sun 06-Sep-09 19:02:06

I did indeed drool at the lovely firemen enjoy my quality time with my 2 lovely children.

It was quite good actually. DD got to sit in a fire engine and wanted a go on the 150ft ladder (just managed to avert a strop when I said no by quickly finding the 50p necessary for a go on the bouncy castle - phew).

SazzlesA Mon 07-Sep-09 21:57:16

Just getting back on here smile

Mycat - sounds great, but we were away so couldn't have made it

I am now working again Tues and Thurs, but can usually do Mon pm/Thurs pm and Fri am if that works for anyone?

Pat - we can def do something in half term smile

PatTheHammer Tue 08-Sep-09 19:17:27

Fallen off my threads too smile.

Sorry i missed the firemen, we were at Prinknash on sunday as I had been told to get the DC's out of the house whilst DH sorted the loft and shed, fair deal imo!

I can do thurs pm up till half term and then pretty much around the whole week of half term as going back to mums for the weekend before. Anyone else fancy welly-boot land in half term? Perhaps we could pencil in a date soon.

SazzlesA Wed 09-Sep-09 18:46:33

We went to Stratford Park this afternoon - was lovely in the sunshine smile

With Pat talking about Prinknash, can i recommend their Christmas lights festival? They have a lovely decorated sled, lit up walk, feeding the deer (not the reindeer unfortunately as they are behind fences) and seeing Santa in his grotto by the Lake. Very magical and not too busy when we went last year (early evening just about sunset)

When is half term btw?

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Wed 09-Sep-09 21:54:36

Blimey, I nearly went this afternoon but my sister in law and 2 DN's came round so got to make rice crispy cakes instead.

Love the idea of the Christmas Lights festival. DD would love that.

Is half term the end of October?

PatTheHammer Thu 10-Sep-09 16:36:19

Yes, half term last week of October.

Xmas at Prinknash does look good, they do Halloween stuff as well.

lankyalto Thu 10-Sep-09 17:03:55

Do Prinknash charge for the children same as adults? I have been surprised this summer by variety of charges e.g. free under 4 at Slimbridge, free under 3 at Cotswold Wildlife park, £5 child/£6 adult (ish) at St Augustine's.

Guess which one of those I haven't taken nearly-3 year old ds to grin

SazzlesA Thu 10-Sep-09 20:37:15

I think it is under 3's free, otherwise it is quite expensive for DC's, especially the Xmas lights, although they do get a pressie from Santa. Last year we didn't take DD to Santa [harsh parents]blush and she was free {2yrs)

Re Half term, i can do Mon, Weds or Fri (assuming all clubs/classes have the same half term dates)

MyCatIsABastardFleaBag Thu 10-Sep-09 20:39:42

Blast - DD 4 in Oct (and looks it so can't pretend otherwise). Might take her anyway so I can see Santa.

Half term I can do any day.

PatTheHammer Thu 10-Sep-09 20:48:01

Under 4's go free at Prinknash although not sure about special events. £5.00 for adults normally and you need loads of 20p pieces for goat/deer/fis food!

Cat- DD turns 4 soon, should she be calming down then, thats the rumour about being 4 isn't it? Please tell me thats true, I have had enough of being 3 and need some light at the end of the tunnel!

St Augustines is ok Lanky but don't think you have missed much, Dick Whittingtons has got more and is slightly cheaper.

Mon and weds good for me in half term at the moment.

SazzlesA Thu 10-Sep-09 20:49:45

Prinknash prices here £3.50 for 3+, but they haven't got the xmas prices that i can find

PatTheHammer Thu 10-Sep-09 20:54:02

Ooops, think I read it as under 4's free on the gate so only paid for me on sunday!! Oh, well they never said anything!

lankyalto Thu 10-Sep-09 20:54:25

Yes didn't bother with St Aug's in the end. Still have 3 free adult passes for Dick Whitt and ds liked the peacocks.

Monday or Tuesday best for me in half term.

The Prinknash website is a bit odd isn't it?

Have any of you been to Puxton Park, I went last year to meet up with some friends from Devon. If anyone is down that way - it was lovely. www.puxton.co.uk/

SazzlesA Thu 10-Sep-09 21:03:05

Shall we pencil in Monday half term?

PatTheHammer Thu 10-Sep-09 21:10:20

I'm in, always struggle for stuff to do on a monday round here smile

Lanky-the website is appalling!

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 11-Sep-09 23:12:35

Pat, I am praying that 4 is the turning point. It had better be for the sake of us all! I love DD by byGOD she is hard work sometimes. <whispers - it is getting easier but I don't want to say it too loud in case she hears and reverts!>

Monday have term suits me too.

Lanky - never heard of Puxton Park but it looks good. We got to Weston sometimes for the beach and chips and icecream fresh sea air, so this could be a good stop off.

See you on MOnday half term then (what date is that then? No DC at school so don't really know)

lankyalto Wed 16-Sep-09 20:10:37

Monday will be good for me. Is half term week beginning 26th Oct?
DS not well again, can it possibly be tonsillitis for the fourth time this year, I suspect it is. Bah. Hope everyone else is well.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 16-Sep-09 21:21:21

Just noticed I put have term. What is the matter with me?? Obviously I meant half term.

26th Oct is my wedding anniversary, but that wont stop me meeting up (married with kis = romance aint what it used to be!)

PatTheHammer Wed 16-Sep-09 21:27:18

Just getting this back on my threads.

Monday 26th still fine for me, Welly-boot land???

Lanky- Hope DS is ok soon

Cat- our wedding anniversary was a complete non-event this year. had a takeaway curry from local indian. We are now trying to pkan my 30th in November but have basically ruled out anything good as DS STILL bloody feeding!

Right, sorry ladies i've had some work 'mares and have been of the radar for a bit - in a nutshell I am jobless angry

I can do half term if you'll have me wink Where is Welly land??? The mind boggles grin

PatTheHammer Wed 16-Sep-09 21:32:32

Oh my god rabbit, I'm so sorry! Are you livid or is there a silver lining at all?

Welly-boot land is at Slimbridge WWT. Not sure if this is the agreed meeting point, but a good all-weather venue since its october!

Bit of both - livid because we planned mortgage etc on basis of having a job, relieved because they were always a chauvinistic bunch of b*stards grin

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 16-Sep-09 21:44:05

Oh no Rabbit, that's not good. Are you looking for work now or having a bit of time off? Our mortgage was based on my wage and I was made redundant end of last yr (before they, or indeed I knew I was pg). I'm looking now (slightly frantically!).

Pat - I'm 40 next Feb and I'm taking friends to the GOld Cup in March and I am planning to have most certainly finished bf by then (DS1 on 21st Feb , me 40 on 17th Feb!).

swissmiss Thu 17-Sep-09 23:56:16

getting this thread back! can anyone let me know what's planned for next meet up? sorry it's v. late and I'm too tired to read thru atm blush.

The date seems to be Monday 26th October at Welly-Boot Land in Slimbridge

StrictlySazz Sun 20-Sep-09 20:34:57

just getting back to active threads

I am now not working till Jan so free Thurs as well now

MyCat - what job are you looking for?

swissmiss Mon 21-Sep-09 11:02:13

Thanks Rabbit! I'll put in on the calander.

lankyalto Mon 21-Sep-09 19:44:25

I am hoping to have my eyes lasered on 26th so will have to miss this one if the operation is scheduled then.

Ds was 3 yesterday - blimey, where did those years go?

Hope everyone is well.