When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Mid Warwickshire - Warwick/Leamington/Kenilworth area, maybe Coventry/Solihull/Stratford people too?

(41 Posts)
LunarSea Thu 29-Jan-09 13:38:38

Anyone interested in an evening meetup, probably early March sometime, around the Warwick area?

Already a few intersted following on from this thread - CherryChoc, Wiltedrose, llareggub - but lots more welcome!

llareggub Thu 29-Jan-09 19:37:11

Sounds good to me! Any suggestions for a venue? I start maternity leave in Feb so any night is good for me.

CherryChoc Fri 30-Jan-09 14:18:50

Evening meetup not very good for me as I don't drive and public transport is limited, unless it was early evening or in Leamington/Warwick town centre.

Also evenings are my time with DP as he works nearly every weekend - but let me know when it is and I might be able to make it anyway!

Ivykaty44 Fri 30-Jan-09 14:30:22

I would be up for that.

I like the portugies cafe on Emscote road, opposite coton end school and the small new sainsbury. They make wonderful homemade cakes and lovely coffee. They are open in the day only.

llareggub Fri 30-Jan-09 15:42:56

Oo,h, I haven't tried that one, ivykaty. I was going to suggest the Oken Tea Rooms next to the castle, but then I'm a sucker for scones! I don't mind where we go.

Ivykaty44 Fri 30-Jan-09 17:22:28

Oken tearooms - is that the one in the old dolls house musem? Looks like the do lovely scones and proper china?

I have no problem where and can come if it is monday or friday.

llaregrub - do try the portuguis - the chef makes all the cakes, bread, pizza, soup and the coffee is v. good.

llareggub Fri 30-Jan-09 17:24:40

I will after DS2 is born! I have gestational diabetes at the mo so lovely things like cakes are verboten.

Ivykaty44 Fri 30-Jan-09 17:27:39

Ooh - I am sorry I wouldn't have tempted you sad

llareggub Fri 30-Jan-09 17:29:07

Oh don't worry...I'll make up for it I'm sure! Do you live that end of town?

MissM Fri 30-Jan-09 17:32:29

Hi there. I'm in Leamington and don't know a soul as we moved here quite recently. Would love to meet up with or without kids, evenings or day (I work Monday to Wednesday though).

Ivykaty44 Fri 30-Jan-09 18:35:51

So would peoples like to say which day and which week?

Then say where!?

llareggub Fri 30-Jan-09 19:06:01

At the moment Thursdays and Fridays are better for me, but at the end of February I can do any day when my maternity leave starts. Other than that, no preferences for which week but maybe we should leave it a week or two so as many people as possible see it?

CherryChoc Fri 30-Jan-09 19:29:52

I can't do Tuesdays but any other day is fine; evenings are possibly a problem but let me know when and I will see what I am doing.

I think the beginning of March was discussed?

llareggub Fri 30-Jan-09 19:43:57

March sounds good to me. The NCT are holding a piggy pudding quiz evening in Leek Wootten village hall around then, if you fancy it.

CherryChoc Fri 30-Jan-09 20:02:25

I'm not able to get to places other than Leamington/Warwick town centre in the evenings as I can't drive so maybe we could have a meet up during the day and then those who fancy it could meet up for the quiz as well?

llareggub Fri 30-Jan-09 20:07:40

Let's do something everyone can do. I only mentioned the piggy pudding thing as it is conveniently at the beginning of March!

Ivykaty44 Fri 30-Jan-09 22:50:43

iceskatings out then grin

LunarSea Mon 02-Feb-09 14:37:34

CherryChoc - assuming you're somewhere not too far from the centres of either Warwick/Leamington I'm sure someone would be able to give you a lift.

llareggub Mon 02-Feb-09 23:18:13

So, anyone want to go first and suggest a time, date and place?

Be brave, oh fellow countywomen!

Ivykaty44 Wed 04-Feb-09 18:22:00

Ok

Friday 6 March at 1.30 in a coffee shop - I would go for either Portugesia on Emscote road, as it is free car parking on street or the x 17 bus goes down Emscote road.

But happy to meet else where if others would rather.

I shall just be me, and will have to do school run later in the afternoon.

llareggub Wed 04-Feb-09 20:15:33

Sounds good for me! I shall come alone too, armed with a fruitshoot and a greggs sausage roll so that you can easily identify me.....wink

Ivykaty44 Wed 04-Feb-09 23:04:16

So we are looking for someone with greasy fingers and hyperactive then smile

LunarSea Thu 05-Feb-09 07:49:49

I'm working that day, but might be able to escape (sans the ds's) for a little while under the guise of a late lunchbreak!

llareggub Thu 05-Feb-09 07:51:31

Is there a particular day that is better for you, LunarSea? I'll be on maternity leave so could do any day, in theory!

LunarSea Thu 05-Feb-09 08:15:20

I work every day, but from home and my hours are fairly flexible, so it doesn't make too much difference, although around lunchtime is easier to justify than during the main part of the day. Wednesday is probably marginally the easiest as I can work later to catch up the time, but Friday is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now