When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Wakefield/Huddersfie ld/Barnsley - Ladies- this way!

(1001 Posts)
justwaitingaboutforsanta Tue 11-Dec-07 09:37:02

Is this thread all right, or shall I start a prettier one?

Donna - I was planning on a Ladies Night in, but if you want to bring your gorgeous cute baby that is fine, we can all take turns to hold her! If your partner wants to come as well that is also fine but we won't be asking to hold him for you.

sarahhal Tue 11-Dec-07 12:17:20

Hello all! Had fab night last night but very tired today as couldn't sleep due to the leaden weight of a bean and avcocado chimichanga not settling very well!! Then Tom woke at 5.30 and I didn't get back to sleep again sad

PhoeNixYouAMerryChristmas Tue 11-Dec-07 12:35:29

Had a lovely time last night we should do it more often smile

I'm going to see Take That tonight gringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

justwaitingaboutforsanta Tue 11-Dec-07 14:01:21

Just a note to the gang - Mrs Cellophane and I are meeting for coffee and naughty chat (well, chat, anyway) at Jellybeans 10.30 tomorrow morning. Anyone else want to turn up very welcome.

I have decided that in future for the purposes of this thread I'm going to refer to my future profession as clowning. So don't think I've gone mad, I just thought it would save us all from having to delete it twice.

NorwichMummy Tue 11-Dec-07 14:31:24

Wanted to say that I had a great time last night and it was lovely to meet everyone.

Hope you have a fantastic time at Take That tonight Phoenix, I'm very jealous in an oddly nostalgic way!!

I may well tag along tomorrow justabout as ds has been a bit bereft of little people's company since we moved. I'll give you a ring tonight to let you know.

Trace, I'm often over in Royston seeing my friend so if you're up for a cuppa it would be good to see you.

justaboutintimeforchristmas Tue 11-Dec-07 15:04:01

That would be brilliant, nolongernorwichmummy, do you know where to go?

Gingermonkey Tue 11-Dec-07 15:40:48

Phoenix - one of the support acts for Take That (Tim Daniel) is someone I know, he goes out with SIL's BF, he's very good, so I hope you enjoy him! SIL and BIL went to see Take That at Newcastle and said they were brilliant, have a great time!!!!
Norwich - I've passed your number on to sausage re nappies ad told her to ring you.

MrsCellophaneWrappedGift Tue 11-Dec-07 17:52:27

NorwichMummy - do come tomorrow - I want to see if I recognise you (and vice versa)!!! Will explain later - or Justwaiting can (I don't spill many beans on t'internet!)

You beat me to it, Justwaiting.. couldn't get into MN talk earlier (this keeps happening.. bah humbug.. maybe DH has installed an anti-MNing device?!).

ItsPotatoesForYouMyLad Tue 11-Dec-07 18:23:58

saying hello so as to get on threads i'm on...

sarahhal Tue 11-Dec-07 19:26:34

Very cryptic MrsC, wonder if that means that there are four of you now wink

I want to play but I've got to work sad

Scootergrrrl Tue 11-Dec-07 19:28:50

Can I be a temporary W/H/B mummy? We're in Germany but coming over to spend Christmas two weeks with family in Brighouse. It might save my sanity to have friendly MNers near by...

sarahhal Tue 11-Dec-07 19:31:32

Ooh yes, do come and join us for Christmas! Am sure we will try and get together over Christmas so keep an eye out.

Are you from Brighouse then?

Scootergrrrl Tue 11-Dec-07 19:34:17

Rastrick, really, but even less people have heard of that grin I grew up there and DH was in Brighouse so we know that area like the proverbial back of our hands.

TinselTrace2 Tue 11-Dec-07 19:40:58

id like to come to jellybeens but no idea where it is? i wonder if jo will come to?
nm yes we could meet for coffee.

Scootergrrrl it will be nice to meet you

sarahhal Tue 11-Dec-07 19:41:54

Oh I know Rastrick! Grew up that side of Huddersfield.

NorwichMummy Tue 11-Dec-07 19:52:24

Oh Mrs C that all sounds very interesting. I take it you are possibly a contemporary of mine wink

Like a fool I forgot I've got someone coming round to look at my parents roof at 9 tomorrow morning but hopefully if he is finished in time I will still be able to make it. Otherwise hopefully you'll be meeting up again soon

justaboutintimeforchristmas Tue 11-Dec-07 20:02:35

Jellybeans is - oh hell, sarahhal can explain much better than me. It's in this old mill near to the place Leapfrogs is, sorry, I'm aware this is totally unhelpful.

(goes and looks on Internet)

Ah. Here. At Springfield Mill, Norman Road, Denby Dale. Does that help? You turn down by HSBC, off the main road.

TinselTrace2 Tue 11-Dec-07 20:05:01

if you find post code put on here ill try and get there tomorrow, but taking ds to bed now im joining him befor my shift

ItsPotatoesForYouMyLad Tue 11-Dec-07 22:33:02

ginger, i know you don't like 'hit and runners' but i'm going to drop off that stuff in the morning on my way to work. will have dd in car and no time to stop, so if it's ok i'll pop it on your door step.

sorry i can't make jellybeans tomorrow - have to work sad

Yorkshabird21x Tue 11-Dec-07 23:09:49

awww id love to come tomorrow but 1) i dont know where it is n 2) i dont drive lol so i will have to pass.

PhoeNixYouAMerryChristmas Wed 12-Dec-07 00:56:23

I can't do tomorrow sorry, i'm working at 10.30 again sad

Just got back in from Take That, it was soooooooo good grin (we missed Tim Daniel though GM, Sophie Ellis Bextor was on when we got there)

MrsCellophaneWrappedGift Wed 12-Dec-07 09:11:04

hd8 8th is the postcode for Jellybeans
if I'm not too late, Trace.

Might see you there (am wearing black roll-neck top and jeans)

sarahhal Thu 13-Dec-07 19:36:20

Just back at my parents' house after leaving DH and DS at hospital overnight. All went well with op and DS did really well.

Should be discharged by 10.00am tomorrow for lots of TLC at home smile

Hope to see you all soon.

Yorkshabird21x Thu 13-Dec-07 20:09:36

glad everything went well sarah x

loosebunny Thu 13-Dec-07 20:57:27

Thanks MrsCellophaneWrappdGif - found the thread. Not sure why the link you sent me doesn't work.

This thread is not accepting new messages.