When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

There must be some Bristol mums here...

(108 Posts)
maewest Fri 29-Dec-06 14:03:32

Or from surrounding area?

I am currently on maternity leave with my 5 month old DS and would like to meet up with other local mums.

LouiseSJ Thu 07-Feb-13 13:57:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SingingRachel Sun 11-Mar-07 22:50:32

Hi

I'm new to MN and living in Kingswood with a 7 month old daughter. Any more meet ups planned? It'd be really lovely to meet some other mums :-)

bobalinga Mon 05-Mar-07 17:43:12

Whereabouts in Bristol are you joJo?

jojofoot Mon 05-Mar-07 16:42:05

hi,
Ive just moved to bristol, would LOVE to meet other mums got 3 month old ds. so any other meet ups -im there!!

booge Sun 04-Mar-07 16:04:32

Hi, I was sorry not to make it, Fridays are super busy for me and I couldn't rearrange everything, glad you had a good time though and if you do it again I would love to come along.

bobalinga Sun 04-Mar-07 10:13:24

Yeah, but maybe not on a friday. It was certainly manic at Castaways. Despite that, IGW's cute little baby fell sleep face down on the mat. Nearly took him home with me he was so lovely
There was a lack of yummy cakes too I noticed.

MaeWest Sat 03-Mar-07 19:18:55

Nice to meet everyone yesterday. Will have to arrange something else soon

FirstAtForty Fri 02-Mar-07 18:50:45

It was really nice to meet you all too, sorry I didn't get round to chatting properly to everyone, children are just so noisy !

Hope to see you again soon, and meet the others that weren't able to make it today (hope your LO's get better soon Clairemow and Armadillo).

clairemow Fri 02-Mar-07 18:44:23

glad it went well. here we aren't all sick, thank god. DS2 seems much better, although off his milk and solids (which weren't much anyway!). DH getting a curry, so I must be feeling all right..!!

bobalinga Fri 02-Mar-07 17:06:28

I had a nice time and Celyn loved watching the other kids. It was great to put faces to names and no-one turned out to be an axe-murderer

clairemow Fri 02-Mar-07 09:45:16

I hope you all had a great time. DS2 did chuck up all his milk last night (too late by the time I read your posts!). But he did take some water in the night which stayed down, and he kept milk and a little breakfast down this morning. Just hoping we aren't all ill by this afternoon.

Wish we were coming..

Flossam Fri 02-Mar-07 09:14:12

I'll be the one with weird shaped clothes - am at that awful in between stage of pg where normal clothes too tight and maternity (esp friends borrowed mat clothes!) are too loose. Grr. Please excuse me!

bobalinga Fri 02-Mar-07 09:09:23

I'll be there just ater 10. Wearing jeans, black top nd pushing a ginger in a wheelchair.
Bus should get there about 5 past.

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 02-Mar-07 08:12:36

I'll be there too! I'll see you all in a bit

Clairemow and Armadillo, I hope your childfen get better soon. We'll organise another meet up sometime x

TheArmadillo Thu 01-Mar-07 21:56:28

wow that sounds really precious

Its not just constipation - it causes other problems as well. He really is not happy and not well.

TheArmadillo Thu 01-Mar-07 21:37:21

sorry not coming now. Ds is poorly and not himself and so is going to granma's (she's his favourite person at the moment) and I've got more uni work to do

I was looking forward to it, but ds really isn't going to enjoy it in this mood and has had really painful constipation for the past couple of days, and if he goes to his granma's he can just lay about if he's not up to much and she'll spoil him for the day.

WIsh I was coming though

MaeWest Thu 01-Mar-07 19:56:45

Sorry to hear about DS2, hope he feels better soon. And look forward to meeting you all another time

bobalinga Thu 01-Mar-07 19:54:08

I wouldn't Claremow, unless you want to see it again! Try some water and see if that stays down.

MaeWest Thu 01-Mar-07 19:34:31

I'm still coming, just been a bit scatty about checking this thread.

clairemow Thu 01-Mar-07 18:03:33

should i offer him his milk at bedtime do you think??

bobalinga Thu 01-Mar-07 17:57:29

Sorry to hear that Claremow. I hate sickness bugs. Hope you get some sleep.

Anyone esle going?

FirstAtForty Thu 01-Mar-07 17:57:27

hi - yes I'll be there, if I can find Castaways!

clairemow Thu 01-Mar-07 17:50:37

Oh god, DS2 seems to have a sickness bug. Threw up milk this afternoon and about 10 times since. We won't be there anymore, you'll be glad to hear. Sorry, maybe another time...

feel v. nervous, hate sick.

Flossam Thu 01-Mar-07 13:57:52

I'm still a coming!

clairemow Thu 01-Mar-07 13:50:28

hello, I am still coming, looked on the map and worked out route today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now