Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

any mums in orpington, bromley, sevenoaks infact anywhere please get in touch!

(227 Posts)
mandalay Fri 26-Mar-04 17:20:59

Hi if there's anyone out there?

I'm relatively new to the area after moving out of london with a dd of 11 months and desperate to meet some mums out there. All our neighbours seem to be over 60 so if there's any friendly mums who live locally it would be lovely to have a few new friends.

clairemarie Mon 18-Oct-04 20:14:02

Hello everyone, My little one is coming up to 10 months and is currently an only child so rules the roost. I think we will try ouy the baby tumbletots as she needs to get rid of some of her excess energy without getting so many bruises! Does any one know about monkey music as that is something else i'd like to try.

socialite Wed 20-Oct-04 08:35:26

hello, my son is also coming up to 10 months and we have recently joined caterpillar music which is fun...for him!!! I moved into the orpington area when he was born and so I don't know too many people either, I did join an NCT meeting when he was first born but I found it quite difficult, I now wish I'd stuck to it!! I never thought of myself as a shy or quiet person but I guess this whole mummy thing changes you a lot! I now would really like to be more sociable and meet up with other mums in my area. I'm sure hb would love to meet other children, I'm sure I get a bit boring!!

flowers Mon 25-Oct-04 16:06:48

Hi,

Im 31 years old with a little boy zack who is almost 19 months old. I have been to a few groups and currently take Zack to a soft play group in Swanley. However, I have not really met anyone to meet up with before or after for coffee e.t.c. I am not the most outgoing of people but have come out of myself a little since having Zack~(he is the life and soul of the party-with lots of enery)I would love to hear from anyone in my local area or surrounding areas who is feeling a little lonely and would like someone to moan to or have chats with.....look forward to hearing from you...

judetheobscure Mon 25-Oct-04 16:40:43

Anyone who wants contact details for NCT groups in these areas (Orpington, Beckenham, Bromley & Chislehurst, West Wickham & Hayes, Sevenoaks) just CAT me and I'll let you know.

socialite - we'd be really happy to welcome you back. CAT me and I'll give you details of our baby and toddler groups. Plus there is a hall group on Tuesday mornings which you might find less intimidating than people's houses.

clairemarie Mon 25-Oct-04 19:58:15

Hi, I'm intersested in NCT but I thought it was only for brand new mums. Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure what CATting is! Or how to do it! But if NCT is available to other mums and babies I'm very interested.

Jule5ky Wed 17-Nov-04 11:11:53

Hi,
I live in North Kent (Belvedere) and have my first baby due end of December. I'd like to find a yoga-natal class in my area if anyone knows of any. I'm close to Woolwich/Bexleyheath/Dartford if there is anyone out there who'd like to get in touch/even meet up.
Julie

jenm Sat 20-Nov-04 20:15:51

Hi I live in Sevenoaks and have an 8 month old. None of my close friends have kids. I have met a few other mums but they are already "coupled" up with other mums that they knew from antenatal and not really into letting others into their circle. I moved here a couple of weeks before the birth so all my antenatal friends are elsewhere.

socialite Wed 24-Nov-04 13:45:03

Jenm, you should join aquatots at the sevenoaks hospital. I am sure that you would meet people there!

EFJ Thu 09-Dec-04 15:11:57

Hi everyone, I live in the Bromley area (closer to Petts Wood) area I don't know anyone. My first baby is due on 6th Jan. I am hoping to know if there are any mother and baby group or similar groups that I can join and meet other mums and attend classes, etc.
Thanks in advance!! :-)

Portly Sun 12-Dec-04 20:06:57

Efj- I am also expecting first baby in about a week and live in Bromley - there seem to be quite a few clubs about- if you look at netmums.com it gives the times/places of lots of Bromley area mums and baby groups.

Wishywashy Tue 21-Dec-04 21:49:38

Hi EFJ, I just noticed your posting.

Wow you must be so excited and looking forward to having your baby...
Not long to D-Day. Hope you got your bag packed and your TENS machine booked!

My baby is now 7 months. It's gone so fast. All I'll say is value the time you have and enjoy the newborn stage cos it goes v quickly.

I don't come from this area originally either. I'm local to you and have met loads of people since being pregnant and going to post-natal classes.

If you wanna chat pls change your profile to allow 'talk'. Pls feel free to ask anything and I'll do my best to assist.

KristmasBear Tue 21-Dec-04 21:55:28

Jule5ky - Another person from sunny Belvedere here! Hello! Good luck for the main event - keep us posted.

sad36 Tue 28-Dec-04 09:58:45

I live in Tunbridge Wells and don't know many people with babes so always ready to meet up. Sevenoaks is no prob jenm. My DD is 16 mths

jenm Sun 02-Jan-05 20:23:37

Hi Sorry I haven't checked this earlier. I am still looking for people to meet with. You aren't too far away which is good!

BEKsmum Mon 24-Jan-05 17:31:38

Hello I'm new to this site so pls bear with me, & I hope you won't mind me joining in but I have a db who will be three in March.

I have read the other messages on the board & noticed that no-one seems to have mentioned the CIS (Childrens Information Service) which is based in Bromley. I've found them a complete lifesaver regarding local information.

They can send you out lists of mother & todder groups, activity groups and even the list of local nurseries in the area.

Their number is 020 8464 0276 & their web addres is childcare.information@bromley.gov.uk

From their lists I can definitely recommend Music for Little People, Head Over Heels & Micropsorts!!!

As you can see my ds has a very active social life, a lot more active than mine!

My little one is at nursery three afternoons a week now but I've found these groups invaluable and we still go to Music & Micosports each week, just to wear us both out!!!

Hope the information helps.

toomanypushchairs Wed 16-Feb-05 20:55:49

Hi Flowers. Are you still checking this posting? quite new to mn. Its addictive! I'm 31 (for another month!) and live in Eltham, not too far from swanley. I have twin boys who are 2, are you still looking to meet up with people? We know lots of little girls but no- one has boys.

Mel31 Fri 13-Jan-06 16:57:43

Hi,
I live just outside of Sevenoaks. I have two boys, ages 2 and 4 months. I would LOVE to hear from some other mums as I am feeling seriously isolated.

Noidea Fri 13-Jan-06 20:26:08

Hi everyone, not too far from Sevenoaks and love walking around Knole Park. Anyone fancy a meet up there? I have a dd of 18 months by the way.

Noidea Fri 13-Jan-06 20:26:11

Hi everyone, not too far from Sevenoaks and love walking around Knole Park. Anyone fancy a meet up there? I have a dd of 18 months by the way.

Noidea Fri 13-Jan-06 20:27:54

Isn't it embarrassing when your computer tells you that you haven't done anything and then you find you've posted twice!!

Mel31 Fri 13-Jan-06 21:39:12

Noidea,
Would be nice to meet up in Knole. Great way for the kids to burn off energy. You can contact me at melmum31@yahoo.co.uk

OleMama Sat 21-Jan-06 14:13:19

Dear All

I live just outside sevenoaks and my daughter will be 1 next saturday. Would be interested in meeting up or if anyone can let me know of any good mother and baby groups that would be good.

Thanks.

jenweber630 Mon 23-Jan-06 09:38:07

Hi - if you don't mind a bit of a drive, we have a fairly active group of mums in southeast london. We typically meet up in Greenwich park (we've got a meet up tomorrow at 12:30 at the tea house at the top of Greenwich park across the drive from the Observatory) and you're welcome to join us.

Kentmum Sun 19-Feb-06 01:17:58

Hi,

I live in Bromley. I actually own my own site www.kentfamilies.com that just got up and running. I meet up with local mums quite regularly with the children and often go out, just the grown ups too. Would love for some new members if you are interested

Kentmum

OleMama Sun 26-Mar-06 15:04:12

Hi all

If there is anyone fairly near Sevenoaks that would like to meet at Knowle Park, now the weather is getting better, perhaps it would make a nice couple of hours out. Perhaps we could arrange something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now