When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Last Minute London - Saturday 8 February

(130 Posts)

NearTheWindmill and I are desparate for copious amounts of booze No, not quite the tone I was going for

My God I need a drink, anyone want to join me? Too boozy, try again

NearTheWindmill, in all her infinite wisdom, has come up with the brilliant idea of a meet-up in the very near future Bit poncy

Windy and I really, really, really need a few good drinks with a few great women. Possibly some nice food as well.

Got it!

Anyone else in? All are welcome, obv.

I only have a hall pass from DH (!!!) for the evening so I am thinking a 6 or 7 pm start, drinks then dinner. So evening for me, but some others might be enticed into day-to-evening dangerous

I wasn't going to get all fancy and organise food / payment beforehand since we will likely be a small-ish group. However now that I've also posted on FB we might have to re-think that approach!

Pistey! You must come dahlink!

BIWI that's a bummer, Bella you too. sad Never mind, there are quite a few people who can't make it. Hully is blowing us off too >offended<

f1ump Fri 31-Jan-14 19:10:27

It's a yes from me at the moment, just need to double check with the hubby

Jennynero Fri 31-Jan-14 19:12:03

I'd love to come (if I can sort a sitter in time). Can I tag along? grin

Great news flump and Jenny yes of course grin

CrispyHedgehog
f1ump
FruOla
Hearts
Helpyourself
Hepsibar
Jennynero
Katharine
LCHammer
LRD
NearTheWindmill
RatherBeOnThePiste

LCHammer Fri 31-Jan-14 20:07:01

I'll have to check with DH. I can do the first part and leave later (9ish) to go elsewhere. Please pm me if anything changes. I'll put this in my diary.

NearTheWindmill Fri 31-Jan-14 21:12:49

Wow, just wow grin smile wine
Here was I thinking it would be me and Hearts due to total lack of organisation! All this while I've been at work - just got home sad

NearTheWindmill Fri 31-Jan-14 21:21:15

pm'd Quint.
This is quite exciting. Thank you Hearts.

Great great great! I was procrastination itself at work this afternoon - can you tell blush grin

envy

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 31-Jan-14 21:34:17

If you're meeting near Waterloo, I can waddle along.
I never turn down a drink. Oh no.

BellaVita Fri 31-Jan-14 21:40:00

Me too Exit!

NearTheWindmill Fri 31-Jan-14 21:51:15

MrsSchadenfreude I so want to meet you smile. I haven't have I?

NearTheWindmill Fri 31-Jan-14 22:07:24

Quints in grin

Quinteszilla Fri 31-Jan-14 22:09:48

Yay! Found you guys!

I'm in!

<waves to Quint>

Yay.

MrsSchadenfreude will be lovely to meet you.

CrispyHedgehog
f1ump
FruOla
Hearts
Helpyourself
Hepsibar
Jennynero
Katharine
LCHammer
LRD
MrsSchadenfreude
NearTheWindmill
Quinteszilla
RatherBeOnThePiste

Fauve Sat 01-Feb-14 03:02:05

Could I join you, pretty please? I haven't been to an MN meet-up for years - the last couple I went to were organised by BIWI iirc, so I'm rather sad she's got Other Commitments. Still, I reckon she can vouch for my general good-eggery. grin Waterloo on Sat 8 would be very easy for me.

NearTheWindmill Sat 01-Feb-14 10:07:43

Of course - will be lovely to meet you

CrispyHedgehog
f1ump
FruOla
Hearts
Helpyourself
Hepsibar
Jennynero
Katharine
LCHammer
LRD
MrsSchadenfreude
NearTheWindmill
Quinteszilla
RatherBeOnThePiste

LCHammer Sat 01-Feb-14 12:01:07

I've checked and can join you for the first part. Keep me on the list smile

BIWI Sat 01-Feb-14 12:08:12

Fauve! Where have you been?! Yes, everyone - I can vouch for Fauve, and that she's not really a hairy handed trucker grin

If you're doing something in Waterloo I can join you for a quick drink before I go off to dinner - I work in Waterloo and we're going out in town, so that would work out really well. A 6 pm start would be perfect!

Fauve Sat 01-Feb-14 12:11:24

Aw, thanks, BIWI. smile It would be great to see you again. I lurk, I nc, I try RL, you know how it goes. One day I'll join your Bootcamp. Just not yet. wink

NearTheWindmill Sat 01-Feb-14 12:28:20

classic fail - I forgot to add Fauve to the list blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now