When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2014 Durham/Teesside/Tyne & Wear Cake Fest

(735 Posts)
juneybean Sun 29-Dec-13 22:07:11

Thought I'd be premature and create this thread now.

Currently have this meet up planned:

13th Jan - Miss Tina's in Washington

juneybean Mon 26-Jan-15 17:07:34

I need an "accident".

I flit between desperately wanting one to enjoying being single and alone with my cats and having money.

Will soon receive invoice for a years storage of the final vial of sperm (£253) and a part of me was all just use it now before the invoice comes but I'm still very fat and desperately want to lose weight before I do it again to give it a good chance of working. But another part of me thinks do it so that you can move on with your life if it doesn't work.

Grr

I started staying away when t was 2. He took it far better than I expected. And I felt guilty. Up to the point when I looked at my double bed that I was going to get all to myself all night. And realised I had the choice between going out with friends and get rascally drunk or just lying in a hot bath without anyone demanding to join me/have a wee. Then I decided I was going to make the best of deserting my precious third born. grin

Ah yes, I also want to go to three conferences this year... (Building up form 1 night away to 3 to 5/6 over 4 months ... hoping A takes it better than when I was in shopital last year!) But then I feel sad about leaving him overnight. Stupid brain!

Welcome back leggy! I can't believe he's nearly 2. Surely it was only a few months ago we went to botanics to cuddle him when he arrived?

The bomb proof contraception is a good idea. I'm sure I'd have #4 and 5 if I'd relied on something that involved willpower. grin

I do still fell like we should have 4 but the benefits of stopping are getting clearer and drowning out the "must have babies" voice. The children are more self sufficient, I occasionally get a nights sleep and we have more money (come September an extra £600 a month!!!) Plus my new job keeps me very busy and I couldn't easily bf with all the travel. I'm consoling myself with the prospect of a new niece or nephew to cuddle, babysit and hand back when the realities of more small babies hits grin

Or do I mean anti-example?!

I really should get on here more often (not least because it's way more interesting than FB...!) Had a WTF moment the other day and was annoyed I couldn't post it anywhere that I would be reasonably anon but still had people who knew me. But of course there is here! Not that I can remember the matter in question anymore...

DS2 is nearly 2. DH and I are slowly morphing back into people who like each other and don't argue about housework (he still doesn't do enough but he's nicer about it when I point that out!). Work is, well, working; going really well, my brain is starting to function properly again. And ther's this leetle tiny part of my brain that has started going 'Well, it wouldn't be so hard to do all that again, would it?'

Yes! Yes it bloody would! I'm getting myself back again! Also, there is barely room for 4 bodies in our bed; no way we'd fit 5. (They have their own beds, but at least one of them is with us at least some of every night.) Oh, and DS2 still feeds at bedtime, and in the night. There is absolutely no way I am doing it again.

But the brain is wierd isn't it? (also I learned by example from Spiggy and Paleo, and got myself sorted with bomb proof preventatives, so really isn't happening without me deliberately deciding it is! wink)

Oh paleo, you daft bat. Hope you are feeling better soon. If its the same bug we had, it does wipe you out so you HAVE to rest. I had a rare opportunity to meet my best mate (she lives in Wales) for the night. Glass of wine and some cake and I was back to my hotel room by 9.30.

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 23-Jan-15 19:51:04

Too lazy

You can call me a daft bat if you want golden.

Dragged self in for night shifts because clearly I was perfectly well hmm. Did nights Sat and Sun. Slept all day Monday. All Monday night. Slept on Tuesday. Tuesday evening was having rigors and a temp of 40.2C even after both paracetamol and ibuprofen. Slept. Slept Wednesday morning....

You get the picture.

Still sound like I either have TB or smoke 40 a day. One of the two. Maybe both.

Shouldn't have done those nights. not been back on placement since. Ooops.

Was in uni yesterday being the model for the first year OSCA and they told me not to go back unti next week so I'm being good.

goldenretriever1978 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:34:14

Can anyone be arsed to make a 2015thread or have I missed it?

goldenretriever1978 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:32:39

If I could 'like' the last post I would.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 17-Jan-15 23:58:05

You daft bat.

Oh paleo that does sound rotten. Get well vibes heading your way.

Illness here was partly self inflicted. I tried to go to work when I really wasn't well. Did two days and then basically collapsed. Needed to then take longer off to recover than if I'd stayed off in the first place.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 17-Jan-15 18:18:49

Oh goodness spiggy you poor things glad you didn't come and give it to us though

I'm in a grump. Most of week on toilet in bed with bug, wake up today with sinuses screaming and head pounding and snot streaming. Try and fail to have a nap this afternoon before night shift, get up, have shower, period starts. Now tired, snotty, headachy, sinusy, coughy, backache, stomach cramp and have stinky period wind (please tell me I'm not the only one who gets that! ) and i have to go to work in 40 mins.

Humph

Oh that's rubbish. Roll on march!

I'm back in the land of the living. The bug that stopped us coming to your party was horrendous. I've only just gone back to work and am still on drugs. Not the best start to the year.

juneybean Fri 16-Jan-15 14:16:36

So very nearly March.... wink

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 16-Jan-15 14:01:23

Finally got my hours for next week and the week after and I'm working both weekends. That and I've been ill and still have 2 essays to write so probably shouldn't have curry anyway. is it March yet? i need it to be March.

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 09-Jan-15 12:30:00

No hours yet. My mentor will be on holiday, waiting to hear from co mentor what her hours are that week. prob won't know until Friday next week.

juneybean Thu 08-Jan-15 21:10:25

yes yes!

My brother uses windows 8 and loves it but I still miss windows XP. Why must they update constantly!! I hate change sad

goldenretriever1978 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:29:05

Windows 8 sounds terrifying, quite frankly.

I'm still up for January 24th, duvin. Everyone else?

IAmAPaleontologist Thu 08-Jan-15 17:19:56

i just got a new computer and i don't understand it. Windows 8 is weird. May take quite a while to set it up and swap all my data over! Have turned it off again at the moment, it is scaring me. tempted to pretend it doesn't exist and finish essay on pile of crap that keeps overheating but at least is set up just how i like it.

DuPainDuVinDuFromage Sun 04-Jan-15 15:48:59

Sorry Paleo, I managed to forget all about your party until I caught up with the thread just now - hope you had plenty of people and it went well! We wouldn't have been able to come but I should have let you know.

Looking forward to curry soon, I should be able to make it as I don't think we have anything else going on (such rock'n'roll lives we lead...). Is it definitely the 24th or is that still tentative?

I get parents talking to me all the time and 1) have no idea who their child is 2)don't recognise the child when they show up either. Meanwhile they know all about me.

Good job we didn't come. All have raging temperatures.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 03-Jan-15 18:37:58

Is it bad that I only realised one of the kids from school that didn't reply came to the party when we opened the cards at home? blush I'd sort of assumed she was one of the kids from rugby who I don't know. blush

Thanks stealth, I caught her on fb.

Hope you have fun.

Spiffy sorry to hear that I can tell her when I get there if ok? Hope dcs feeling better soo n

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now