When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2014 Durham/Teesside/Tyne & Wear Cake Fest

(558 Posts)
juneybean Sun 29-Dec-13 22:07:11

Thought I'd be premature and create this thread now.

Currently have this meet up planned:

13th Jan - Miss Tina's in Washington

DanaBarrett Thu 23-Oct-14 12:21:57

Yes, I used to be Anita smile

juneybean Thu 23-Oct-14 10:47:16

Is Anita not Dana? confused

Anita's coming too. But I need to run the time table past her.
I'll sort out with Viking what we are doing.

juneybean Wed 22-Oct-14 22:20:33

Curry on 8th Nov

juneybean
spiffysquiffyspiggy
IAmAPaleontologist
MrsTripTucker
VikingLady
DuPainDuVinDuFromage
DanaBarrett
themonkeysandme ??? grin

IAmAPaleontologist Wed 22-Oct-14 06:12:49

i will come and drink any time grin

DanaBarrett Tue 21-Oct-14 23:15:23

Yay! I'm coming to play!

I'll be there at 11, you can join me at 1.15. grin

juneybean Tue 21-Oct-14 22:28:49

Haha well I'm working til 1pm so 1.15? wink

11? grin

juneybean Tue 21-Oct-14 20:53:03

Curry at 8.... I did my part it's up to you guys to decide about cocktails cake etc.

Do we have a timetable for the 8th yet? When I was having a major strop at work today I put it in my calendar just to cheer me up.

Big boss not yet spotted the comments but is giving me grief over something else. My workload continues to be horrendous. The car broke down this morning and I am a bridesmaid in 4 days and I have sinusitis and a HUGE spot brewing on my chin which given my ineptitude with make up is going to shine out of all photos which I am going to have to appear in despite my phobia of cameras. Oh, and did I mention I'm having to go to a hairdressers which I also have a phobia of? I'm also convinced I'm going to cock up the brides big day somehow...

I am a teensy weensy bit stressed. Can you tell?

Apologies to monkeys. I'd say its not always bitching and moaning round here but you said you'd been lurking so I guess you know that would be a lie. grin

IAmAPaleontologist Tue 21-Oct-14 14:39:43

hurrah! Come!

Be fab if you could join us. We've had a few ways of identifying newbies. Shortly after biscuit gate we all turned up with a packet of biscuits. Recently it has been the rather boring laminated MN logo on the table. grin

themonkeysandme Tue 21-Oct-14 08:34:16

"fresh meat" haha grin

I did wonder how a newbie would work out who you were at a first meeting, I guess I will just have to be unafraid of looking slightly odd!

Hmm, 8 November is a definite possibility as I am allowed out in the evenings now! Only trouble is DH is away on the Friday night and I'm not sure when he's due back on the Saturday. Will negotiate with him and get back to you asap!

juneybean Mon 20-Oct-14 21:37:30

Fresh meat!

Yes we have room on the 8th November if you can join us! :D We're all lovely honest!

I'm the resident nanny, I prefer to give children back at the end of the day.

I'm also seriously considering becoming a crazy cat lady... who needs children!

We were all newbies once. smile I only joined the thread as I "met" paleontologist on the Dec 08 thread and she dragged me here, followed shortly by a meet up where I sidled up to random people in soft play and asked if they were there to meet someone from the t'internet. Luckily I guessed right first time and wasn't evicted from the place for being odd grin

are you still tied to smallest child during the evening or are you free to join us for cake, cocktails and/or curry? I think we have space at the restaurant because a few people decided they had social lives that didn't involve us <hard stare> There's definitely space at cocktails and cake...

themonkeysandme Mon 20-Oct-14 20:50:08

Ah lovely, thank you. I wasn't sure as I have been lurking a little bit and you all seem to know each other pretty well but I was feeling brave earlier. smile

Yup, love curry, cake and cocktails (although sadly not many cocktails so far this year due to feeding DS every hour or so each night until very recently!).

Hi spiggy, nice to meet you smile sounds like you've had a hard day! I have dd who is 2 and ds who is 9 months and live in Durham.

And yes notoriously difficult to please big boss was copied into our email as he's our head of department. And he's the only one likely to read my bit.

anyway to help me forget the trauma, seeing as I've no wine to help, tell us about yourself monkey...

I'm spiggy and I have a boss who is in big trouble 3 dcs. Ds1 is 7, Dd is 5 and ds2 is 3.

Newbies welcomed with open arms grin

Especially ones that like cake, curry or cocktails. Or complaining about children/partners/work/study/husbands that follow your instructions not to bring wine home as you are trying to be good and completely ignore the incident that happened late afternoon which requires medicinal wine* (delete as applicable)

*my boss cut and paste an email I sent him into an important document that got sent round our department. Neglecting to proof read it first and remove the comment about our notoriously difficult to please big boss. Luckily I wasn't being rude this timebut it made me scream when I read it.

IAmAPaleontologist Mon 20-Oct-14 19:35:22

Course they can smile

Do you like curry?

And cake?

And cocktails?

themonkeysandme Mon 20-Oct-14 19:26:54

Hello there, can newbies join this thread? smile

juneybean Sun 19-Oct-14 17:25:06

Very nearly!!

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 19-Oct-14 07:53:14

is it November yet?

juneybean Thu 16-Oct-14 11:12:31

Christmas... No I don't have money left for Christmas!

Very true. I also don't have time for Christmas...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now