When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

2014 Durham/Teesside/Tyne & Wear Cake Fest

(375 Posts)
juneybean Sun 29-Dec-13 22:07:11

Thought I'd be premature and create this thread now.

Currently have this meet up planned:

13th Jan - Miss Tina's in Washington

VikingLady Sun 13-Apr-14 23:11:58

Indith Councils are training up a lot of new childminders right now, ready for the increased 2yo free provision, so the minder you pick now doesn't have to be permanent. I know round us there's a new cohort of 10ish two or three times per year, and many have previous childcare experience

juneybean Tue 15-Apr-14 14:28:36

Any one free for coffee in Durham on 25th April morning?

/ pops head up /

I could do 25th.

VikingLady Tue 15-Apr-14 17:08:26

I can!

Arse. Am in London <sulks>

if I'm not back before then- good luck for mid may juney. Will be keeping my fingers crossed.

sad I can't do Fridays I'm afraid. I've swapped DD's nursery days to Tuesday and Fridays to help out a new bfing group on a Friday.

juneybean Sun 20-Apr-14 18:22:17

Aww boo trip sad

Thanks spiggy!

Can I pencil in 10am at Slug for any one that can make it?

juneybean Tue 22-Apr-14 14:42:35

I made a blog about my journey if anyone fancies reading such things?!

VikingLady Wed 23-Apr-14 21:17:18

10am at the Slug. Good. It's on the calendar. God knows how DD will behave, but if she is an absolute nightmare (just hit terrible twos/ASD really starting to develop) I'll bow out early/lock her in a toilet cubicle/something.

I may have wine grin

Damnit, A was off nursery unwell on Tueday and I'm way behind on work, and J has buggered his back so no hope of an evening off to catch up with work. Slug is too far from office to justify tomorrow alas.

sad

VikingLady Fri 25-Apr-14 07:52:03

Still just 2 of us?

Indith Fri 25-Apr-14 09:35:42

I'm ending up at the botanics this morning with the oiks! Can't face all 3 of them at the slug. If you fancy changing location though that's where we'll be. smile .

VikingLady Fri 25-Apr-14 17:34:45

If we'd seen it in time! The Slug has a kids section now with drawing stuff and a play tent smile

But there was no coffee. I feel an epic complaints letter coming on....

Indith Fri 25-Apr-14 18:47:22

play area sounds lovely. We had a good explore. ds2 has a lovely temp now sad

VikingLady Sat 26-Apr-14 19:30:54

Is anyone thinking about a Botanics meet up at some point?

juneybean Mon 28-Apr-14 22:37:36

Fingers crossed, think I'm going to put an offer on a house for me and babybean tomorrow shock

So scared that'll offend the lovely old couple because I'm going to start cheekily low...

Good luck, Juney!!

Viking - how about next week? I could do Wednesday or Thursday?

juneybean Tue 06-May-14 19:38:33

Blah didn't offer, because mortgage advisor started reneging on everything she told me. Tis stressful this....

However am on track for upduffing next week!

OOh shall keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Indith Thu 08-May-14 19:41:23

rubbish about the house juney. Fingers crossed for the becoming upduffed! Very exciting!

juneybean Mon 12-May-14 14:02:47

omg tomorrow. TOMORROW! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Indith Mon 12-May-14 17:01:06

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Indith Tue 13-May-14 16:13:14

How did it go?

juneybean Tue 13-May-14 17:37:19

Full of sperm!!! And a bit crampy, cervix was playing peek-a-boo

Indith Tue 13-May-14 17:44:32

eeeeeek! hope it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now