When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Gin Hags Anonymous Christmas Bash

(248 Posts)
HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:15:04

Time for a new thread I think, as our inane chatterings have almost filled up t'other one.

Venue booked, people paid. Now to sort out our gladrags and handbags for our annual drunken extravaganza. There will be gin aplenty and dancing on chairs SayCool and dances no doubt and the foolhardy will do their kamikaze Boris Bike tricks.

Saturday 30th November, venue known to the paid up crew, time - well officially 7:30, but I suspect there will be early starters...

Really looking forward to seeing you all there, and also welcoming the Mottley Crew coming from MNHQ.

Oh, and I've promised to make cupcakes with, shall we say, MN acceptable wording grinwink

grin

At one of these things we should make that the dress code - wedding or bridesmaid dresses. Or MoG dresses. Except I severely dont fit into mine any more.

NearTheWindmill Thu 28-Nov-13 21:56:21

You would all trample over the train and I'd look a complete nutter on the tube - more Miss Havisham than beautiful bride grin

cardamomginger Fri 29-Nov-13 15:01:18

Only occurred to me today that there might be a London Xmas piss up. Missed it last year. Too late this year. BOLLOCKS!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 29-Nov-13 15:21:59

It's not too late, it's tomorrow!

cardamomginger Fri 29-Nov-13 15:23:18

Who do I contact for details?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 29-Nov-13 17:30:33

If you PM HepsibarCrinkletoes or RatherBeOnThePiste they'll put you in the FB group and tell you payment info.

grin see you tomorrow!

Helpyourself Sat 30-Nov-13 09:45:59

Weeee!
Is is ridiculous that I'm a bit fizzy already?
I'll be driving, so if anyone wants a lift from ED/DV/HH PM me.

Just marking my place so I dont lose the thread again.

Everyone is over on FB and I don't like FB. Wah wah wah.

I am not on the FB group either

HepsibarCrinkletoes Sat 30-Nov-13 15:23:58

Helloooooooooo. I'm child free and raring to go grin

Very much looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting lots of new ones. Will be a fab night. See you all later. pissheads

NearTheWindmill Sat 30-Nov-13 16:16:41

Quint - are we still on for 6.45, 2nd carriage at EP? See you later x

I hope you all had a good night.

I could not make it. Handing in my home exam in marketing management tomorrow, which is for one of my MBA modules. sad

On the bright side, I will be up for 8 am with no problem.

NearTheWindmill Sun 01-Dec-13 00:29:03

You miserable old sod; coffee on campus soon?

>>hugs<<

NearTheWindmill Sun 01-Dec-13 00:29:57

I am pished by the way; just home, given DH a kiss and have another wine and Mnetting shock

I am completely pished too grin

NearTheWindmill Sun 01-Dec-13 00:48:49

Surely not Hearts. yawns - contemplating wooden hill to Bedfordshire.

Awww, you lot! I only got 30 minutes of Russell Howard as my fun! Bless your dh married windmill, coffee soon!

TheDoctrineOfWho Sun 01-Dec-13 01:07:39

Hope you all feel well in the morning!

NearTheWindmill Sun 01-Dec-13 09:32:40

Perfectly thank you. Time for a week off the pop - my liver must be pickling as it's working so hard to keep my system clean and my head clear.

I had a lovely time.

MrsDeVere Sun 01-Dec-13 10:10:15

I am covered in kids and dog and waiting for my toast

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sun 01-Dec-13 14:10:38

Just home half an hour ago, fab night, lovely to see everyone.

Great pub, thanks for organising flowers

Hair of the dog is working wonders and have persuaded the boys to cook the roast later.

Doinmummy Sun 01-Dec-13 18:14:03

I had a lovely evening . It was great to meet everyone.

My head is just about normal now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now