When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Gin Hags Anonymous Christmas Bash

(248 Posts)
HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:15:04

Time for a new thread I think, as our inane chatterings have almost filled up t'other one.

Venue booked, people paid. Now to sort out our gladrags and handbags for our annual drunken extravaganza. There will be gin aplenty and dancing on chairs SayCool and dances no doubt and the foolhardy will do their kamikaze Boris Bike tricks.

Saturday 30th November, venue known to the paid up crew, time - well officially 7:30, but I suspect there will be early starters...

Really looking forward to seeing you all there, and also welcoming the Mottley Crew coming from MNHQ.

Oh, and I've promised to make cupcakes with, shall we say, MN acceptable wording grinwink

<wheelies Boris bike into new thread>

<snogs those I missed on the first round>

<crashes Boris bike into table and nose-dives into cake>

grin

IamtheZombie Fri 11-Oct-13 20:21:43

Zombie checking in! grin

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:22:40

Still a tart. And mind my cakes would you please. grin

So sad I can't join you piss heads all. Maybe next year.
<knits>

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:26:25

exit I plan to sort a summer one out too, so please look out for that - it would be lovely if you can come along to that.

Shodawnofthedead Fri 11-Oct-13 20:29:55

<avoids Annie and her Boris Bike>

I am drinking gin right this minute in honour of you all.

(Well, that and the fact that I've run out of vodka. But that is neither here nor there)

I haven't drunk gin for eleventy hundred years and it's making me quite squiffy.

I don't think I can ride a bike anymore.

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:33:48

I'm drinking Werthers Vodka that I made the other day. I with pain kindly offered some to DD1 and she declined saying 'I can't drink it neat'. WTAF I'm more hardcore than my 20 year old daughter.

DD3 dipped her finger in it for a taste when I wasn't looking. She wasn't impressed either, but she is 4.8..

EstoyAqui Fri 11-Oct-13 20:38:17

I am drinking a schooner of sherry. I'm not even 35 and I'm drinking sherry for fun on a Friday night.

catgirl1976 Fri 11-Oct-13 20:38:39

Oooh - I would love to come

How do I do that? Is it allowed to invite yourself? blush

HepsibubbleCauldronToad Fri 11-Oct-13 20:42:44

Of course you are! Are you on FB. If not, no fear, I can PM you details if you'd like to come along.

catgirl1976 Fri 11-Oct-13 20:43:41

Yes - I am on FB smile Do you need my email?

BellaVita Fri 11-Oct-13 20:45:33

A schooner of sherry grin. I do like sherry btw but the schooner bit made me roar.

insomniarules Fri 11-Oct-13 20:48:37

Ooh I really want to come along but I'm miles away...

Bimblepops Fri 11-Oct-13 20:49:25

Evening all, I'm on Night Nurse this evening, 'tis shite

Allalonenow Fri 11-Oct-13 20:53:02

Ahhh Estoy it is the schooner that is the problem, tip the sherry into a beaker (!!!!) and you will be fine.

Sorry, totally off thread I know, hope you all have a fab night.

BellaVita Fri 11-Oct-13 20:55:10

insom - where is miles away?

EstoyAqui Fri 11-Oct-13 20:55:48

Hopefully the sherry bit will have me roaring drunk later.

Trills Fri 11-Oct-13 21:04:54

Aloha

HA! Found you!

<snogs Annie down to the floor>

insomniarules Fri 11-Oct-13 21:05:26

Cambridge. But DH has just asked if he can go to brazil if England qualify so maybe I can have a night out in London...

Shalom, Trills honey

But Cambridge is no distance at all, insomnia, just a mere pootle up the M11, no?

BellaVita Fri 11-Oct-13 21:12:10

I am coming from York so Cambridge a breeze.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now