When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Onwards and upwards

(35 Posts)
StitchingMoss Wed 09-Oct-13 17:37:10

Finally started a new thread smile.

disguisedeb Mon 28-Oct-13 22:23:16

Stitching, hope your Dad's OK.

How's everyone down south with the storm? Hope no damage.

Kantha Wed 30-Oct-13 19:28:18

How's your Dad doing Stitching? Remember that the option of staying with us here, or dropping the boys here and going down to the hospital is there for you. I've not yet had the pleasure of RSCH. Where we are, the services get split between there and the Princess Royal in Hayward's Heath, which as I understand it is preferable. How's your DH too?

We lost some ridge tiles in the storm. They also crashed onto our neighbour's roof in the process and smashed some of their tiles too. So we have a bill for both houses to pay. No point claiming on the insurance as it's not much more than the excess.

We are having a fairly productive half term with DH off work. Mostly house stuff. The list of things to do is endless. The downside is that DS2 is committed to remaining on BST rather than GMT, and is waking 20 mins earlier than usual on top of that just to make sure we're knackered.

StitchingMoss Tue 05-Nov-13 14:31:43

Hello everyone, thanks for your offer Kantha - we should have called you last week as we ended up driving to Brighton and back in a day as my dad didn't want us staying over night (or my mum couldn't cope, not sure sad).

He's not good really - now walking with a stick and looking very very frail. We took him out to the local garden centre and within five minutes was saying he felt unwell and we had to find a wheelchair for him. It was very sad.

Annoying about the roof tiles - the storm didn't really amount to much round here but kept us all awake!

Hope the sleep thing is sorted now! Dh was also off for half term but I'm not sure it was productive!

Oh and I'm going back to work - only 15 hours a week, SEN for the council. Not my dream job but it's money in the bank with the building work starting in the new year!

Kantha Thu 07-Nov-13 20:01:54

Bump

Too knackered to structure a meaningful post, as explained on FB

StitchingMoss Fri 08-Nov-13 07:42:19

Happy Birthday to Kantha's DS2 smile. The cake looked fab - hope he enjoyed it?! grin

DTisMYdoctor Sun 10-Nov-13 00:42:00

Gah, this dropped off my threads. Putting it back on to read later!

Kantha Thu 14-Nov-13 11:19:33

Hmm, it seems it's not just me that's not posting. At least I've not missed much!

StitchingMoss Sun 17-Nov-13 17:30:43

Hi all, had a suggestion - shall we move ourselves to a closed FB group instead? Easier to use and find, totally private to us and means I can delete my MN account grin!

Thoughts?

DTisMYdoctor Sun 17-Nov-13 17:49:49

Good idea!

StitchingMoss Sun 17-Nov-13 22:10:01

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now