When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Brighton December/Christmas meet

(204 Posts)

Feels early to be thinking of it, but it'll be fast approaching since it's already nearly sodding October.

Anybody up for a meet in the first two weeks of December? Saturday the 7th or 14th?

Blows my plans to be an elf this year out of the water but I'd rather have an MN meet than be an elf grin

DoreensEatingHerSoreen Tue 12-Nov-13 23:38:35

What a good looking bunch of names that is grin Pixie - as ever you are a star and I will be buying you a drink or two for your efforts!

Helenagrace Wed 13-Nov-13 07:59:03

Just trying to justify work out if I need to go shopping. What's the dress code for this event? Ubiquitous smart jeans and a top or does the event end up somewhere where jeans aren't suitable?

Helena I think most of us turn up in relatively smart jeans and a nice top so don't worry too much smile

& Awesome grin I do like a drink or two grin

MABS Wed 20-Nov-13 11:26:54

really Pixie??!! smile

<<glares>>

All booked and paid for, 21 of us smile

I have a new appreciation of how mad this was to organise MABs!

Saying that, someone else will have to take up the reins from now on as my new job involves working Saturdays, so this will be my last lunch (though I'm sure I'll get home in time to join those continuing drinks elsewhere in future!)

Is it bad that the MN meets were a serious consideration in my choice to accept or deny this job offer? blush It was above "visiting family" on the list of cons blush

MABS Wed 20-Nov-13 14:02:06

it is a big consideration pixie! but we will flex around you smile

MrsUnderwood Wed 20-Nov-13 16:00:55

Hello! Looking forward to meeting you all, Nicola the Local Editor is bringing me along smile

MABS Wed 20-Nov-13 17:37:31

Great mrsunderwood smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 20-Nov-13 19:00:34

Brilliant Pixie wineflowers.

We will have to think about timing future meet-ups so that you can come.
High Tea? Cocktail Hour? Can you do brunch in the afternoon? grin
Maybe a Friday evening?

Looking forward to meeting you too MrsUnderwood smile wine

I'd appreciate some of them but not all obviously, changing it to later all of the time would mean that others wouldn't get a look in!

I would finish at 4pm on Saturday's near Burgess Hill, so by the time I got home, got ready to go out and got to town it'd be half 5/6pm I would think? Though DP could always drop me off which would make it earlier smile Friday's will be a 6pm finish.

Hetic year next year, I need to save money for my wedding, and a nice new car! I'll be doing 6 days a week shock 3 days for new family, 8-4/6 and 3 days for my before/after school jobbie which is term time only. I cannot wait grin I might actually get a holiday in 2014 shock

MrsUnderwood It will be lovely to meet you smile

fuzzpig Sun 01-Dec-13 15:45:11

I'm really looking forward to this smile still a bit nervous of meeting so many new people though! blush

Me too grin & don't worry about meeting us, we're all awesome and will come bearing boob hats grin

I think that the table is booked under my RL name, if you don't know it please message me smile If it's not my RL name it'll be Pixie smile

MABS Tue 03-Dec-13 17:07:20

really looking forward to this. Am going off for some sun Fri eve but will be back next Thurs smile x

fenvy

MABS Tue 03-Dec-13 19:55:33

Now now... smile x

... fgrin Have fun!

Sorry to be a party pooper but I really don't think I will be able to make this now sad. I had to get Tom to fill my car up with petrol earlier as I don't have the money myself. I might be able to come along for one drink but unless something drastic happens between now & then I really can't see it happening.

MABS Sat 07-Dec-13 09:19:01

I happy to buy you a couple hels smile

Aww thank you MABS x

MABS Sun 08-Dec-13 12:05:37

Hi all x

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sun 08-Dec-13 18:54:50

I'm going to have to drop out sad

DH business has taken on a new project and we have inherited a holiday let which is booked for Xmas. It's going to be all hands on deck next w/e including DS, DD2 and my mum!

I hope there will be another one early next year.

Please put my deposit towards pizza/drinks/whatever so that MrsHels can come.

Won't wish you all a fab time as goes without saying grin wine

I'm hosting one on the 30th BBB. Won't be quite the drink fuelled party they normally are but hoping it will be fun.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Mon 09-Dec-13 00:12:50

We're up in Cheshire that w/e MrsHels, back on 31st, sorry I won't make it.

MABS Mon 09-Dec-13 08:55:17

Bbb what a shame sad and I o u a fiver! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now