When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Brighton December/Christmas meet

(204 Posts)

Feels early to be thinking of it, but it'll be fast approaching since it's already nearly sodding October.

Anybody up for a meet in the first two weeks of December? Saturday the 7th or 14th?

Blows my plans to be an elf this year out of the water but I'd rather have an MN meet than be an elf grin

BobLeEponge Sat 26-Oct-13 17:28:46

god sorry I should have text. tis me wink

Heck, I didn't see that at all! I will make a new payment the same way, how much do you get charged, I'll have to double it, then add some for the trouble ... sorry Pixie x

Fantastic! Glad to see you back Bob grin I should have worked that out <<doh>>

No worries, it was minimal really, but times minimal by 20 people and it'd become not-so-minimal wink I should have mentioned it but have never done this before as usually we don't need a deposit!

BobLeEponge Sat 26-Oct-13 17:46:58

I've never sent a paypal to an email that isnt a company, so good to know but I can't remember a friend tickbox.

whyme32 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:33:39

can i come too please smile

That's interesting, no worries though smile

& yes why, the more the merrier! grin I'll PM you paypal details, we don't usually do a deposit but with it being Christmas they want one sad

I have PMed everybody this:

Hi there!

I'm just messaging everybody about the Brighton Meet on the 14th of December at 1pm. I need to put a deposit down in order to book a table at Al Duomo due to it being Christmas.

If you intend to come then I need £5 from you to go towards this deposit by Sunday please. I know it's over a month away but unfortunately places are getting booked up so we need to get in there early smile

My paypal email is [contact me] please ensure that you put that it is for a friend, not a business transaction as I will end up having to pay for the transaction otherwise which I'll expect back in wine or chocolate wink

Thank you in advance, I really am looking forward to seeing all of you on the 14th! It shall be brilliant grin
Pixie

If you know people not on this thread who would like to come along, please contact them and ask them to get in touch with me ASAP. I will be booking this for those who have paid a deposit on Sunday. I am sorry that I'm doing this so early and that I am asking for a deposit, needs must if we want a Christmas Meet though I'm afraid!

& Please please put your MN name on the paypal deposit, I will get confused otherwise ;)

Hi all, I'll be cancelling this if nobody else pays the deposit. Sorry but I can't afford to do it myself, there are only six of us paid up.

fuzzpig Thu 31-Oct-13 10:44:17

You got mine didn't you pixie? <frets>

Yes fuzz smile Thanks, sorry, I have:
BBB
BobLeEponge
ConfusedPixie
FuzzPig
MABS
SunshineSuperNova

Hi all

I've added this to the local FB page, maybe also post something in Local Talk? (I would do it myself but all the threads at the moment seem to have me commenting on them - looks a bit one sided!).

If we don't have enough people for Al Duomo (I'll be coming as well by the way!) then maybe a bar somewhere would be better - could reserve a table without a deposit?

Nicola
Editor, Brighton & Hove

Hi Nicola smile Thanks for posting on Local smile

Problem is, I don't think we'll find many places 11 days before Christmas willing to take a potentially large group without a deposit. I am going to have to be strict on this and only let people who've paid up come unless Al Duomo, or another restaurant, allow us to add to the booking at a later date, however Al Duomo have already said that they need a minimum of four weeks notice of changes for big groups.

I can possibly wait a few more days to book to give more people a chance to see and pay up, but this does need to be booked ASAP.

MABS Fri 01-Nov-13 12:03:20

bbb - How can I pay you?! x

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 01-Nov-13 12:03:24

Aw, sorry it's turned into such a hassle Pixie.

I hope everyone pays up soon, or makes the decision that they can't make it.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 01-Nov-13 12:04:25

Oh, on the day MABS is fine, thanks.

MABS Fri 01-Nov-13 12:04:43

we won't have too few people, always have loads more than we expect. will text out the buggers now re the deposit Pixie! xx

MABS Fri 01-Nov-13 12:36:22

Pesto and Mos sadly can't make it. Noddy is going to pay you tonight Pixie. I will transfer fiver to you later Pixie for Zoidberg , can you pm me details again sorry. txt the others so will let you know any replies I get.

MABS Fri 01-Nov-13 12:37:19

thanks BBB, will pay you then. Think problem is that lot of peeps not on MN this week as it's half term...

MABS: I think that's part of the problem, we usually get an influx at last minute which is normally great, but with Al Duomo being inflexible it's not so great this time! I will have a call around this afternoon to see what other options we have, I have a few places in mind smile

& thank you smile

PestoPyrotechnissimos Fri 01-Nov-13 12:42:55

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, i will miss this one now sadly.

noddyholder Fri 01-Nov-13 15:22:14

How do I pay mine?

Pesto Sorry to hear that sad Hope all is well smile

& thank you all for getting back to me, there are nine of us paid up, a few I need to send bank details to when DP gets back with my purse (it's in my car, which is at uni with him!) and yes, thanks all smile

I am very much looking forward to this meet, apologies for semi-hysterical-ness, it's one of the things keeping me sane at the moment so I'd have been gutted to have had to cancel it!

TruthSweet Fri 01-Nov-13 16:59:34

Pixie - I'm one of the buggers Mabs has sent the bat signal too. Hope I'm not too late?

Fuzzpig - dh usually drives me down as he takes the DDs to his DPs after dropping me off in Brighton. Would you like a lift?

MABS Fri 01-Nov-13 17:00:35

Not real buggers truth sweet smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now