When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Brighton December/Christmas meet

(204 Posts)

Feels early to be thinking of it, but it'll be fast approaching since it's already nearly sodding October.

Anybody up for a meet in the first two weeks of December? Saturday the 7th or 14th?

Blows my plans to be an elf this year out of the water but I'd rather have an MN meet than be an elf grin

MABS Wed 16-Oct-13 12:01:16

nope, I fly tonight so thanks so very much smile

Right, Al Duomo has been suggested to me and it looks like a good'un if we can have the normal menu.
www.alduomo.co.uk/docs/AlDuomo-A-La-Carte-menu.pdf

The Christmas Menu is alright too, but it's set price of either two or three courses.

I'll call them later and book for 20 seeing as we have 14 already. I'll adjust nearer the time if need be smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Mon 21-Oct-13 11:30:54

Sounds good, thanks Pixie flowers

Al Duomo sounds lovely, thanks Pixie.

Hello again all smile

They've gotten back to me, they need a deposit of £5pp which I am afraid that I am going to have to ask you guys to pitch in as I'm skint atm. I will find out if this is taken from the final bill (though I assume that it is!)

They are giving us the choice of the normal menu or Christmas menus. I prefer the normal but happy to go with Christmas if that is what everybody else would like.

Hi Confused do you have Paypal? If you pm me your details I'll ping over the deposit ASAP.

I'm happy to go with whichever menu everyone fancies. x

Thank you smile will PM

fuzzpig Tue 22-Oct-13 13:53:06

I'll happily paypal you a fiver too CP smile

Also just wanted to ask are people paying for their own or splitting the bill evenly... just asking as I don't really drink grin

I'm more than happy with the normal menu as assuming a bit more choice?

We generally split evenly but make concessions for those who haven't contributed to the alcohol consumption as it's only fair smile

There is more choice with the normal menu yes smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 22-Oct-13 23:12:48

PM me Pixie and I'll send £5 asap. I'll cover MABS as well as she's away?

Happy with whichever menu everyone wants.

MABS Thu 24-Oct-13 04:00:52

Are you sure bbb? I promise I will pay back whoever pays for me smile as bbb says, am in oz til 31 oct smile xx

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 24-Oct-13 14:48:49

Of course, no problem.

Are you having a fab time?

MABS Thu 24-Oct-13 22:17:41

Indeed we re bbbsmile thx x

maybe, not sure yet as going to London piss up so might just be skint.

Hi all, bumping this as I need deposits from you please smile

We will have the deposit given back to us in full provided we all actually turn up (one or two people not turning up is a given and they will refund deposits in that case). So I will need to book this ASAP based on who gives a deposit, there may or may not be space for people to come at last minute and they will not refund a deposit if half of us don't turn up.

If you know anybody on the list, bug them please smile If you know people who may like to come who aren't on the list, bug them too ;) I'll book this on the 2nd so that gives a week.

Custy: I think a few of us will be a bit skint after that ;) I'm doing as much ad-hoc and babysitting work as I can get at the moment to get some extra cash for the meets!

Oh, another note, anybody up for going to the Belles WI meet with me on the 11th of November?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 25-Oct-13 13:21:13

Sorry Pixie haven't had the details of how to pay you.

Is it paypal? I haven't had a PM.

Oh, I PMed earlier today, will go via FB instead as I know that the PM system has been a bit dodge recently!

I've PMed fuzzpig too, could you let me know if you got it please fuzz?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 25-Oct-13 13:24:26

Doh! Just seen it. Will do now smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 25-Oct-13 13:37:21

Done, for MABS too.

Thanks BBB smile

SESthebrave Fri 25-Oct-13 22:10:18

Sorry but can't do 14th sad

Have fun and I'll see you all in the new year hopefully.

BobLeEponge Sat 26-Oct-13 17:13:34

there's a ping of a fiver from me too.
Happy to eat whatever, xmas or normal menu.

Seems ages away but Brighton will be lovely that day, all xmassy and lights smile

Sorry to hear that SES sad

A note on the paypal: Please please send it as "To a friend", it charges me for payments otherwise!

Bob, have you name changed? & are you RW? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now