When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

goldenretriever Sun 05-Jan-14 12:14:15

The difference between men and women part one billion. A while ago a few of us discussed how it would be nice for our OH's to have a friend to go places with to enable them to be more sociable. I mentioned this idea to my OH recently, but blew it by making reference to having a 'little friend' Anyway he then said somewhat sheepishly that he had made a friend at the football who had sat next to him for the past three seasons. Delighted, I asked him what said friend's name was. 'I don't know' he replied.

Indith Thu 02-Jan-14 19:26:58

The baby is playing knock knock with my boobs hmm

hitting them yelling "knock knock milk, ate you there?" before pulling my top down and feeding. and I thought he'd be tired tonight with hardly having napped.

Indith Thu 02-Jan-14 19:24:40

exciting!

Really need to get dh to fill in his bit of the bursary form for my renewal.

The crb stuff takes about 5 min, bit of a pain in the bum.

goldenretriever Thu 02-Jan-14 18:57:08

shock to the baby number 3 thing. I think OH has a fantasy of a perfect little boy to play football with, head boy, popular, good looking, blah blah blah.

Indith, I think your life will be flying until at least March 2016! Am at the Uni on Wednesday for CRB gubbins and Thursday to hospital for health screening and have sent off placement form and bursary stuff and sorted Student Finance. Getting scary now!

juneybean Wed 01-Jan-14 00:20:39

Happy new year my lovelies!!!! Toasting to eating plenty of cake with you all!

I've got til 28th for my assignment but still have two rather thick books to read...

Indith Tue 31-Dec-13 22:40:48

Gosh that's a bit of a something isn't it golden! Have you pointed out this course you were thinking of possibly doing?

This essay is going to kill me. Due on 17 th but start back on placement Monday abs with the hours I'm doing I think the 9 th is about the only time I can reasonably go hand it in. Argh! Not to mention the fact my placement will be assessed soon so I need to have that stuff ready. so looking forward to March and a real live break.

goldenretriever Tue 31-Dec-13 19:09:26

Minnie, what Indith said. If you don't keep thinking 'It'll be fine' in a 'just keep swimming' manner nothing will ever be achieved. OH mentioned the possibility of a third baby recently when I was happily thinking of more permanent ways of not getting up the duff again. You never know what is around the corner! Anyway happy new year and more cocktails on the horizon!

MinnieMooMoo Mon 30-Dec-13 19:37:52

I think I'm aiming for February, January is coming round too quick and I need to get rid of 10lbs!

Ooh exciting! When will it all happen?

VikingLady Mon 30-Dec-13 16:22:02

Ooh, he was really cute!

Indith Mon 30-Dec-13 14:19:44

eeeek! exciting!

MinnieMooMoo Mon 30-Dec-13 13:22:34

Friend did a lovely breakdown for me whilst I went to Asda and I've picked one!!

I've just bought the enhanced profile and he's very handsome and was so cute as a baby!!

Indith Mon 30-Dec-13 12:23:20

First one is a bit short as are all his family.

I suppose the only other thing is ethnicity. If, God forbid, your child ever needed a bone marrow transplant, the Jewish and the mixed ethnicities could make it more difficult since you won't have the father on hand to test for a match. so with that in mind you could perhaps narrow it down to those with simple ethnic backgrounds.

MinnieMooMoo Mon 30-Dec-13 11:26:34
MinnieMooMoo Mon 30-Dec-13 11:23:32

Thanks Indith I'm such a bloody worrier. I'm going to try and keep swimming in the new year and get back onto myfitnesspal.

I will go and get my short list now! May throw some links here so you guys can pick out anything I'm not seeing that might not be so good!

Indith Mon 30-Dec-13 11:19:58

As for the donor. Stop overthinking. Really, so long as he isn't a disease riddled criminal does it really matter? Does it matter what he looks like? Your baby will still look like you as half his genetic material will be yours. The donor's job, interests etc are fun to read through but your baby will be being brought up by you not them. Your child will be their own person and take their own path, forming their own career aspirations and interests. Look at all our children, some of their interests come from us bit others come from them. Neither dh nor I is into dinosaurs yet dd is obsessed. We are not artistic but she spends hours drawing and cutting and sticking. Ds1 loves rules and making lego according to instructions like dh. Get a short list and pick a name out of a hat.

Indith Mon 30-Dec-13 11:15:21

New year, new start. It WILL be ok.

Why don't you start going to a weekly class that you can continue even when pg? Something nice and gentle like balance will help your core a lot which will be very useful in preventing back pain when pg and you can continue in pregnancy too with a few adaptations. Or you can do more active metafit types to drop a bit of weight before you get pregnant. Give yourself a boost, it will all be of benefit to the baby and help you be fitter and more healthy and therefore more likely to recover form labour better and be more able to look after baby.

As for the mortgage I don't know, it is so tough in your position when it comes to proving reliability of income to the banks. How do you feel about living with your mum for a bit longer? Do you think it would be useful to have an extra pair of hands with a small one around or not?

Money. What is the max you would need? Withdraw that so you have it ready. Things will always cost more than you think so have the cash available. Think about opening an instant access saver to pop it in for now so it is still earning a bit of interest for you but you can get at it as and when needed.

You are embarking on something bloody wonderful, it just also happens to be very scary. But you are fabulous and you will come out on top.

MinnieMooMoo Mon 30-Dec-13 11:03:45

Sticking this on this thread so I leave it behind in 2013 but with 2014 looming I suddenly feel very stressed by it all, still haven't picked a donor and not sure how much money to withdraw from my other account ( have to give 3 months notice to withdraw)

Got my uni stuff hanging over me, have put on weight, will probably never get a mortgage and will end up living with my mother forever (which she would love!)

Help!! It'll all be okay won't it?!

juneybean Sun 29-Dec-13 22:07:42
TripTuckerInMyStocking Fri 27-Dec-13 06:55:29

DD also woke from her nap just as we were about to eat. She then decided to have an epic tantrum. I ended up giving her the boob while trying to eat my dinner one handed. She then proceeded to share my roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.
And the first present she opened was her dinosaur playset and then she refused to open any more. She bloody loves her dinosaurs. grin
And we need a new house for DS's train set hmm

And DS is 6 today shock how did that happen!!!

Well done golden, that is quite an achievement grin

Viking, has v spurned all the exciting pressies for the box/paper/string they were wrapped in yet?

T is marching round wearing a Santa hat and shouting "ho ho ho, merry Christmas" in a scarily deep voice.

Indith Thu 26-Dec-13 12:51:48

grin

goldenretriever Thu 26-Dec-13 11:25:44

I survived the day and I am somewhat smug to report that I barely flinched when I opened a small box from MIL containing a somewhat jazzy pair of knickers with a red bow on them.

VikingLady Wed 25-Dec-13 16:46:23

DD is so over excited by the vast quantity of new toys that she can't decide whether to laugh, cry or bite me. I think all her presents were a success!

So much for not getting her much this year though. We can't use the living room or the hall for all the enormous presents the GPs etc bought trying to out do one another

Indith Wed 25-Dec-13 12:30:47

everyone else is having Christmas dinner. ds2 is tired and confused and finding it all too much so I'm on the sofa feeding him and he is dropping off to sleep. They had better save me some!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now