When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Mon 13-May-13 14:05:17

No in fact they have gone and they hoovered before they went. Place looks cleaner than normal!

Indith Mon 13-May-13 16:28:46

Clearly I need some mans grin

I joke but my house is a shit tip. My lovely mum was saying that she could come up once a month or so and do a good clean. I had to bite my tongue to stop from pointing out that for the petrol she could just pay for a cleaner once a fortnight grin. I suspect she wants to see the children more than she wants to clean my house, the cleaning is just an excuse.

You know when you ask for just a trim, about an inch off your hair and you always think it is a bit shorter that you really wanted?

<eyes new haircut that is distinctly shorter than planned>

<vows to never let dh near my hair again>

I may have to overcome my pathological fear of hairdressers....

ArrowofApollo Mon 13-May-13 22:24:05

Oh dear squiffy!! That is not good!

Indith - my house generally looks like a shit tip. Sadly I don't have your excuse I am just a lazy cow!
Still had a right proper tidy up of the DCs' shit toys now so I can now see my carpet again hmm
And satisfied my OCD by putting everything in the right place!

I'm getting used to it. Bloody short though. 4 inches he looped off shock

Indith Tue 14-May-13 19:35:23

My call is important to them.

It is.

It really is.

So, who is going to do curry then?

Spiggy
Juney

We need to go prod sticky, golden, frozen, leggy etc!

Indith Tue 14-May-13 19:39:34

My call may not be answered before closing time. They are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I can visit them online if I want. where I will not be able to find out anything and I will not get my rant question answered.

I'm in! grin

Indith Tue 14-May-13 19:47:16

<<does the curry dance>>

And cocktails right? There will be cocktails won't there? It will be June so surely we can brave the outdoors to both be able to drink cocktails AND talk to each other without shouting. Or go to the Slug instead though cocktails are not as good as Ebony. Oh and if Leggy comes the Slug don't let babies in in the evening I don't think.

Indith Tue 14-May-13 19:47:48

They are really busy assisting other customers by the way.

juneybean Tue 14-May-13 20:05:28

<shakes butt> currrryyyyy!!!!

I think I may have to bring James along with me as well ...

Indith Tue 14-May-13 21:15:29

:-)

Indith Tue 14-May-13 21:15:44

Oops smile

Babies allowed outside at ebony I'm sure- didn't a come along one night?

Am definitely up for curry even though I have discovered that I am worse off having upped my hours and working at the next grade up hmm

Just been out with a friend I've not seen in about 5 years and another I've not seen for 8. Bloody hell that was good. grin just a shame I have to be up for a meeting at 9 am...

Indith Wed 15-May-13 07:00:18

yes babies ok at ebony. rubbish about work spiggy, how the hell does that work?

Bloody childcare, Indith. The extra hours and pay don't cover the extra day in nursery. Estimated childcare costs this year? £12k shock

We could have paid off our mortgage with the money we've given nursery over the years. Good thing the little blighters are worth it can you tell I haven't seen them for a couple of days?

Oh and the student loan people take a big wedge of the new money so I never see it. Bastard.

Indith Wed 15-May-13 20:02:31

Sodding student loans.

Still trying to get them to give me my money!

Not sure about curry. Velcro baby tends to melt down if we're not in the dark feeding by 8. Not sure if he'd sleep in the sling for long. Will have to see how much banked sleep I have by then before deciding. Tonight and last night not great. Hoping we aren't hitting 16wk regression early!

Spiggy - I feel your pain. 3 x full time children at nursery = £2150 per month. £25,800 per year. Thank God oldest is off to school in september. I am paying to go to work sad

Indith Thu 16-May-13 13:42:16

frozen that is hard! so glad dd is off to school Sept. currently 16k a year. roll on final year with 2 at school and ds2 getting his 15 hours. my NHS bursary is giving me 1.5k a year for childcare! I had better get a job after this! just printed a huge bf workbook, quite impressed at the pathway laid out for the next 3 years.

ArrowofApollo Thu 16-May-13 15:48:47

1.5k wow, that would barely cover a month!!
I keep looking but again finding it difficult to find a job that would cover childcare costs for 2! Let alone 3, but I guess it is short term pain for long term gain. it must still bite though, Spiggy /Indith/Frozen.

is there any plans for a weekend meet up for the 25th?

Indith Thu 16-May-13 15:50:59

don't think I'm here 25th

sat on metro hugging bag to chest to hide soggy patch after spontaneous random letdown on platform. why then and not in class watching video full of newborns?

I was working in head office on wed and someone bought in a 9 week old. All was fine until she started making 'I want milk' noises and the mum ignored her. My boobs were bad enough after 3 days away but that nearly finished me off. Good job I had a padded bra that absorbed the worst of the leakage...

Frozen that is a hideous amount of childcare costs. It WILL be worth it in the long run though. Plus it means you get to go to the toilet without 'help' occasionally. And drink a hot drink. And have grown up conversations. (although I caught myself the other day just before I pointed out to my colleague all the nee naws going down the roadblush )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now