When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

Entirely justifiable.

Shall we start planning your birthday weekend away now?

Indith Sat 11-May-13 21:32:15

grin

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 11-May-13 21:34:04

ooh yes it's the big one this year isn't it? 21...
I'm up for something (if you fancy it) assuming you don't want to come and help DD blow her candles out smile

Indith we neeeeeed to celebrate your birthday properly. ok we'll probably fall asleep at 10 but we'll be child and husband free

Indith Sat 11-May-13 21:39:03

so long as we plan around A's party

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 11-May-13 21:39:55

OK, you can have first pick of the soft play party time slots. I'll wear my socks without the holes grin

Indith Sat 11-May-13 21:40:15

can it just involve cocktails and a room full of king size beds for us to starfish in?

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 11-May-13 21:41:14

yes actually your idea sounds much better than a sticky ball pit and weak orange squash

Indith Sat 11-May-13 21:41:31

soft play? giant ball pool? tell you what stick a bar in jumbo jungle they'd do a good after hours trade grin

I've always said they should do soft play for adults. Imagine the cleaning bill might be prohibitive though...

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 11-May-13 21:45:55

I'd like to think there'd be less vomit
That said, those slides after a couple of cocktails...

Indith Sat 11-May-13 21:47:13

hmm yes alcohol and slides. . ditto poo and wee in the ball pool really.

They might need a bigger bouncey castle as well

Indith Sat 11-May-13 22:03:38

oh he is home. and I shall eat humble pie. 4 rounds, he gotthrough to final so actually caught first bus he could.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Sat 11-May-13 22:12:10

Well done to your DH!
He was still messing around on water though while you were juggling three DC. I still think you're entitled to be peeved, though making him sleep elsewhere might be a bit cruel grin

And it is still worth planning a birthday treat grin

juneybean Sun 12-May-13 01:29:58

I can do 1st June.

I came in here (not realising you had all been chatting) to moan about the fact there's another MNer with a Juney name <wails>

But you are the original and best grin

ArrowofApollo Sun 12-May-13 08:35:43

I can't do evenings atm. And will be in Spain on the 1st. Have a great time. And my pils have decided to visit us over the bank holiday weekend hmm so that scuppers all my plans for then.

Indith Mon 13-May-13 08:35:06

juney you are the best juney around grin

ArrowofApollo, not long now til holiday! Just keep thinking about Spain while the inlaws are around. Happy thoughts will get you through!

Had the BEST conversation with my MIL yesterday. She always likes to think that she wants/needs to be needed and useful and helpful but she doesn't actually like to put herself out. So she has decided that she ought to be doing something to help us poor, struggling souls now that I have abandoned my family. Conversation went something like this:

I could help with the washing

Erm... (thinking how? you live in Leeds!) washing isn't really something I struggle with.

Well I was just thinking, I mean you think of what it is that you need most. But I could do your washing. G could bring it down to Leeds and I could do it for you.

Erm.... well what I actually struggle with is cleaning and tidying to be honest. Washing isn't a problem (thinking huh? you want me to pack it up, which in itself will take more time that sticking it in the washer, and then send it down with dh on the train, who wil then have to get it to your house and pick it up again...)

Well, you know, if G comes down for a few days he could take some of your washing.

Ok, well, we'll think on it (because you know I need my washing doing so badly that it would be worth my husband staying away during the week just to get it done and therefore not being here to help with cooking and bathtime and bedtime and looking after the non sleeping one in the evening while I study.)

Well you just think of what you need doing most. But if you need washing doing we have a dryer so I could do it all in one day.

Well as I said I don't really struggle with that, I struggle with tidying etc.

Oh, well, erm. We are thinking of coming up to Northumberland to see [dh's dd] so I suppose we could even come in and help out onthe way or something. Or if G drops some washing off we could bring it up with us. But you think about what you really need help with and let us know.

grin

I told dh he could be the one to ring her back.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Mon 13-May-13 08:41:19

grin get g to post her a single pair of dirty pants every other day with an sae

StealthOfficialCrispTester Mon 13-May-13 08:44:53

Ooh speaking of boys pants has remjnded me. Does a wear swim pants and can I palm three leftover probably too big pairs on you?

StealthOfficialCrispTester Mon 13-May-13 08:46:26

Ooh speaking of boys pants has remjnded me. Does a wear swim pants and can I palm three leftover probably too big pairs on you?

StealthOfficialCrispTester Mon 13-May-13 08:46:54

The mans are back. Looking a bit hungover

Indith Mon 13-May-13 13:38:08

I hope they are being less dusty and water turning off today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now