When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

One my uni friends was a sperm donor. Up till the day a random toddler got lost in the supermarket and flung his arms round D's legs and cried "Daddy!" He got cold feet after that...

MinnieMooMoo Tue 26-Nov-13 22:13:57

juneybean Tue 26-Nov-13 22:16:37

I'm the local ambassador for Washington (whatever that means) so feel free to join this page for those further north than Durham!

just to confuse you guys

VikingLady Wed 27-Nov-13 08:20:35

Woo-hoo! My first birthday present of the day was a 1.5hr lie in - I had to check V was still breathing!

DH has gone off to work panicking slightly. Apparently even after 7 years together he hadn't realised dinner tonight would be down to him or that I would want my present wrapped (rather than in a carrier bag). Bless.... smile

Given I have Ratbag child today on my own, what time can I open the wine ? grin

Indith Wed 27-Nov-13 09:49:26

My children have worms. The random diarrhea bug is still affecting ds2 sporadically and the cm's dd had d &v. deep deep joy in this house.

juneybean Wed 27-Nov-13 10:35:07

Bet the worms are loving D&V! grin poor you!

Happy birthday Viking, crack open the wine but alternate between a glass of wine and a glass of water wink

Indith Wed 27-Nov-13 14:23:49

Love your poor dh Viking!

You opened the wine yet?

VikingLady Wed 27-Nov-13 16:16:34

Not yet Indith I'm being good! Someone brought cake to today's feeding group though, which was nice! I have bought wine and J has finished work early to organise dinner. I may keep him after all.... grin

Worms AND D&V? Good lord. Will the latter flush the former out?

goldenretriever Thu 28-Nov-13 13:02:29

Hmm may have twigged who Minnie is! Those webpages are absurdly interesting, it is like Blind Date!!! How exciting!

On a grimmer note, I had d and v on Sunday also (though thankfully not worms - I think) ended up yakking into the smallest child's potty. I haven't informed her of this though in case it put her off this potty training lark.

juneybean Thu 28-Nov-13 17:42:40

Feeling very disappointed! Had planned a shopping spree today but Sunderland Debenhams is fairly shit!

Was then going to go to Metro Centre tonight but friend has cancelled and I had wanted to go with someone.

Harumph! First World Problem yes wink

juneybean Sun 01-Dec-13 12:13:53

Indith have you seen this?

It also let me add my NUS card number to get more discount!

Just ordered the Eden dress which was £38 and managed to get it for £29 :O

Indith Sun 01-Dec-13 12:27:47

oooh, I shall see. But I really shouldn't spend more money!

Minniemoo, I reckon 4882,5159&4900 are all reasonable.

If you had a child by student would you raise them as (half) Jewish? I guess it might give an easy way to fill in some paternal cultural heritage.of course they might end up fixating on Fiddler on the Roof.

Been entertaining 4 children today. DH now asleep on the sofa. Quelle surprise!

MinnieMooMoo Tue 03-Dec-13 11:46:33

Nah I don't do too well with rules, I'll be giving it bacon sarnies on the side! wink

I had my blood test on Thursday so just waiting to hear back... although when I checked my menfolk again they're all out of stock! Might be back to the drawing board!

Heeeeeelp! I've been asked to be a bridesmaid. Me with the allergy to being photographed. My only hope is to spend the day drunk so I don't care...

Indith Tue 03-Dec-13 19:41:11

You are no help!

You are no help!

So much I said it twice. Stoopid reception on the train.

Indith Tue 03-Dec-13 20:00:15

The one and only time I have been an adult bridesmaid (or indeed a bridesmaid of any description) I had a hideous dress that I couldn't actually move my arms in because the bride's mum had made them and she was not the best seamstress in the world. I then had my hair pinned back really, really tightly with half a million kirkby grips, they were jabbing into my head because the bun was so full of grips there was nowhere for them to go but the hairdresser just kept shoving them in. Next was makeup. "I'll just give you a natural look since you don't wear makeup normally" Ha! She shoveled foundation and blusher on until I had an inch thick orange layer on my face then added a couple of spiders to my eyes and some lovely red, gunky lipstick.

It was horrible. The instant we got to the reception venue me and another bridesmaid went and scrubbed it all off in the loos. Not that we did a very good job because we couldn't actually raise our arms to our faces.

Then during the reception a very drunk mate of the bride kept trying to feel me up and wouldn't take no for an answer but I was expected to put up with it because apparently that's just what he is like when drunk hmm.

I am no longer friends with the bride grin

This isn't the most conventional wedding in the world so I am hopefully to avoid the usual bridesmaid horrors....

VikingLady Wed 04-Dec-13 10:01:26

Tell me there will be pink satin, ruching and hoops! Please? grin

I've been an adult bridesmaid. The dress was fine but uncomfortably high cut (caught me under the arms) because the groom has a phobia of women looking attractive. Seriously-he has major issues. They were filing for divorce in 3 months.

As a kid though ..... Well! Peach satin with three hoops, turquoise flowers, frilly underskirts, puffed sleeves, crimped hair grin. Go on, please tell me you'll be wearing that!

I doubt it! It is P from uni's wedding and she is definitely not marrying the business man with a briefcase that we predicted all those years ago grin
The do is in a brewery and there will be hog roast. It will be awesome!

Indith Wed 04-Dec-13 10:13:22

Wow, sounds fab!

Easy peasy then, get the photographer drunk nice and early on and relax grin.

juneybean Wed 04-Dec-13 19:28:51

Or get yourself drunk and no one will ask you to be bridesmaid again...? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now