When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

I think it is essential Indith grin

TripTuckerIsMineYouVulcanBitch Sat 26-Oct-13 18:20:00

(It's Arrow btw. Fancied another name change.)
I need to come up to Durham at some point, it seems like ages since I've seen you all. Still a bit gutted about double booking myself!
Will try and arrange something in the next couple of weeks.

Indith Sun 27-Oct-13 14:50:14

Oh dear lord dd has decided to write her Christmas list today. She would like:

theltip pens
a ryl alith cat
toy letherbac turtl
ryl alith pup

Well she ain't getting a real alive cat or pup, anyone know where I can get a toy leather back turtle? Felt tip pens I can do!

WannabeFayeMouse Sun 27-Oct-13 16:27:01

aaaaaaah the school are doing their christmas thing that afternoon sad sad

Indith Sun 27-Oct-13 16:29:47

Noooooooooo! How can they be doing their christmas thing on november 9th? What time? Any chance of joining after?

Stupidhead Tue 29-Oct-13 05:44:19

Sorry to barge in but I want to play! I'm in Northumberland smile

Indith Tue 29-Oct-13 06:40:59

pull up a chair AMD grab a cocktail smile

Indith Tue 29-Oct-13 06:41:17

and. I hate my phone.

Stupidhead Tue 29-Oct-13 06:58:43

My phone types what it want too, I think it's possessed.

Cocktails, did someone say cocktails? grin

Welcome stupid (that sounds nasty but you know what I mean) nice to have a newbie.

I'm currently enjoying nearly 3 hours of non stop mnetting thanks to east coast enabling free wifi to make up for the delays yesterday. I could do work but I have changed my voicemail, put on my out of office email bounce back to start THREE WHOLE DAYS OFF!!! Including 24 hours with dh and without children!!!! I may be a little exited grin plus I think I did my bit for work when I managed to get to London yesterday despite being dumped at Peterborough.

Indith Tue 29-Oct-13 17:49:48

sounds blissful spiggy.

you fancy cocktails stupid? we are off out to get fiddly in the afternoon of the 9th and soak it up with curry at 6.

Stupidhead Tue 29-Oct-13 17:51:11

I'd love to! Where abouts? I'll have to check my shifts but fingers crossed I could make it!

Indith Tue 29-Oct-13 18:08:22

in Durham. curry is booked for the capital on claypath. cocktails normally in ebony.

We're starting early so hopefully you'll be able to get down. I'm travelling from s Tyneside...

Stupidhead Tue 29-Oct-13 22:47:04

Argh! I'm working in the Saturday night sad big fat bum bums, I was hoping to make it too. Have another night soon!!!

juneybean Wed 30-Oct-13 14:59:44

Rawr been terribly quiet as have been masquerading under my other username which I will tell you all about when I see you!

Who is actually coming on the 9th? As I will ring them later this week to confirm numbers grin

What time are cocktails?

Indith Wed 30-Oct-13 19:17:16

Me me me me me I'm coming!

What time shall we start? Table booked for 6 so........how long do we need to get sloshed first?

Stupid shame you can't make it, we'll just have to organise another one grin.

I've been selected to product test a new phone. It is supposed ot be waterproof and all that gubbins. I've just been reading about it and it sounds more intelligent than I am. Not sure how good my testing will be if I can't work out how to use half the features! I'll have ot bring it on the night out and you can all poke it.

goldenretriever Wed 30-Oct-13 20:57:06

I am coming on the 9th. So bastard sick of half term.

WannabeFayeMouse Fri 01-Nov-13 23:13:13

it's all going wrong for me, school thing, swimming lessons…. I will try to keep looking to see if you are going for coffee/cake during the day sometime before Christmas. If you are organising something could I be a pain and ask Indith or Spiggy or someone I know on FB to give me a wave and tell me to come and see what's happening over here? Life is moving a bit fast with all the preparations atm.

Hope you all have a lovely time, have an apple mojito for me someone smile

juneybean Sun 03-Nov-13 17:07:33

Aww no!

Is there just 4 of us so far then? grin

Indith Sun 03-Nov-13 20:30:50

Golden
Juney
Spiggy
Indith
SPB

For dinner I think.

Leggy for some drinks in the afternoon.

Leggy is Frozen around?

Golden and SPB we busing it?

If dinner is 6, anyone fancy afternoon tea in ebony from 3? I feel I may be slightly less drunk if I combine my cocktail drinking with cake.

I'll be there from 3 grin.

Wannabe, will give you a shout if we get ourselves organised.

We'll we went away for our 24.hours without children. We spent most of it going "this is strange. We have no children. We are out after dark. What are we supposed to be doing?" I think we have been institutionalised by the children. We couldn't cope with the freedom. grin

juneybean Mon 04-Nov-13 00:09:56

Whee I'll aim for 3, but might be nearer 4 as it's C's 2nd birthday party that day!

I'll poke Frozen

Indith Mon 04-Nov-13 19:54:08

Humph.

You know my dd is insane right?

I know she is mine and I am biased but I think she is fabulous. She is crazy, funny and imaginative (and stroppy, gobby, bloody difficult to parent and drives me mad). Anyway she went to a party at the weekend, dh took her as I had a workshop but I slipped in at the end. All the other girls were wearing proper party dresses, lots of ruffles and flounces and floaty skirts. Dd dressed herself and was wearing her best dinosaur t-shirt, a twirly green skirt over cropped jeans, a home knitted cardi and her silver sandles to finish it off. She looked fabulous. There were a few hmm faces and dh was asked in that tone of voice "did she dress herself?"

Today at uni we were discussing girls and them being princessy or not and I related this story and got asked why on earth I would let dd wear something like that to a party? One person said if their dd came down with clothes that didn't go together they send her back up to change!

Please tell me it is normal and fine and ok to let your child dress themselves! So long as dd has pants and either trousers or skirt/dress I'm happy. She often tries to wear just tights on her bottom half and I do make her add more clothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now