When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

goldenretriever Fri 18-Oct-13 06:52:20

And relax....

I would go anywhere for food as will eat anything (not totally proud of this fact), though ideally not too expensive.

Yay! Cocktails definitely on the menu!

Indith Fri 18-Oct-13 13:42:25

ok lets stick at curry then. I'm on long shift, someone book the capital for however many of us there are plus a spare space for when it opens so we can have early dinner. meet for cocktails 5 2 hours before grin

juneybean Fri 18-Oct-13 13:50:33

I'm on it!

ArrowofApollo Fri 18-Oct-13 17:47:49

Curry is good for me. Have we decided on a date?

juneybean Fri 18-Oct-13 18:53:54

I hope so since I've booked it for the 9th!

Indith Sat 19-Oct-13 08:35:47

woohooo!

Yay! Thanks for the organising juney smile

goldenretriever Sat 19-Oct-13 11:36:24

Wah hey! Even better, the football has been moved to the Sunday, so child care not a problem (the pain in thearse)

Does mean we get left with the children and a hangover the next day though golden...

Indith Sat 19-Oct-13 15:19:05

Duvet and DVD day grin

goldenretriever Sat 19-Oct-13 19:30:30

Hmmm... was probably thinking short term gratificationonly I fear. OHs Mother bought us a mattrmattress protector. For no reason. Bizarre.

ArrowofApollo Sun 20-Oct-13 07:29:06

That's great, now to break the news to DH.
DD's sleep is worse than ever.
we don't get much of an evening together and sex is pretty much off the menu thanks to the last coitus interrupted.
Bloody good job she is so cute or I would have sold her on eBay by now hmm
On the plus side, she is talking much more than DS did at her age (2.4). And she sings Twinkle Twinkle, Row You Boat, the Thomas theme tune and Faith of the Heart(theme from Star Trek Enterprise).

SPBisResisting Sun 20-Oct-13 07:34:05

Hi everyone, Indith thanks for the message. I think I can make the 9th, will just need to check with DH that we've got nothing else on smile
Woo hoo to cocktails and curry.

ArrowofApollo Sun 20-Oct-13 16:26:57

FFS I've only gone and double booked myself. I thought the BFN AGN was the weekend after but it is the 9th, and since I have agreed to drive everyone, I can't very well pull out.

Sorry sad

Indith Sun 20-Oct-13 16:30:22

sad. But you'll be having fun I hope smile

So. 9th November. An afternoon of cocktails (and cake? Can we start early enough for afternoonsies?).

Golden
Juney
Spiggy
Indith
SPB
Wannabe/SLF
Poss Leggy

Anyone else?

juneybean Sun 20-Oct-13 16:32:37

Eeep I booked for 6 thinking there was 5 of us! God knows who I missed off!

It's booked for 6pm btw grin what time are we meeting for cocktails, have a child's birthday party early afternoon so may be late for cocktails!

Indith Sun 20-Oct-13 16:36:32

Ah don't worry Juney, tis still a little bit off so we can call them to update with final numbers. I'm sure you can catch up with the cocktails! I really do feel like there should be somewhere that does good cake and cocktails...........

juneybean Sun 20-Oct-13 16:38:38

What's wrong with Slug & Lettuce's cocktails, they're buy one get one free!? And the cheesecake was quite nice!

Bogof was good but I have real hankering for the creme caramel cocktail from ebony <dribbles>.

We are having a whole 24 hours away from the children soon. The first time in nearly 7 years. Have booked a posh hotel and everything.

So having done that does anyone want to place a bet on which child will come down with something horribly contagious which means we can't go?

juneybean Sun 20-Oct-13 17:14:49

Ooo I'm having a look at the drinks menu now!

Ohh fingers crossed all are healthy spiggy

I've got to do a first aid course next weekend, hate performing in front of strangers like that, argh

Indith Sun 20-Oct-13 19:34:30

Ebony cocktails definitely better.

They also do afternoon tea..........

I shall aim for cocktails and skip dinner. Just need to convince J ha can handle both kids for a couple of hours on his own...! ;)

Spiggy, my bet is on T... grin

juneybean Sun 20-Oct-13 22:52:08

I've been out practicing tonight, had a cocktail grin bit tipsy!

Indith Fri 25-Oct-13 09:43:43

I may need to do some practicing tonight. Do you think if I have a few g&ts every night between now and the 9th I'll build up some resistance again? Otherwise I fear I will be under the table at the first cocktail. Cheap perhaps but not nearly as much fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now