When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

Find an upduffed friend and get them to provide you with a positive test. Show to dh. After he recovers consciousness tell him he can go to the docs and have it done with anaesthetic or you'll do it yourself with a couple of house bricks grin

Indith Sun 29-Sep-13 15:45:42

grin

juneybean Mon 30-Sep-13 14:07:14

Any one fancy Slug & Lettuce on Wednesday AM?

Can't, I'm in London sad.

But I am going to be free alternative Mondays as my flexible working been agreed. Full time hours but doing a 9 day fortnight. Dh doing the same so one of us is always off on a Monday. Woo!

goldenretriever Tue 01-Oct-13 13:46:24

Indith, is because you didn't want to be the fat or divorced one in your cohort?! Only joking, am sure it is stress/bfing. You know where I am if you want a chat. Well done on surviving night shift so far, also!

Survived zorbing at week end, but arms are killing from clinging on for dear life...

Indith Tue 01-Oct-13 14:31:43

Zorbing does now in any way sound fun.

Well pregnant would perhaps be better than fat or divorced. However pregnancy will lead to fatness. Becoming not pregnant if I am would likely lead to divorce.

Still no sign of period. Fecking thing.

We've lost one of our cohort sad. She decided it isn't for her. Bloody tough this course. I was talking to a second year the other day, she thinks we on the new curriculum have it tougher than they did because we are on placement for so long we don't get the vital boost that being back in uni gives you between placements. Just need to get to the 28th and we are back in.

I was in the library yesterday (not on shift and there were results to pick up) and there were little groups all over discussing the first midwifery presentations you have to do. It feels like blooming ages ago we were doing them. Excited yet golden?

Golden, SPB if you are lurking we need another local night of takeaway and alcohol grin.

Are we any further with a November night out? We need to get out...

Someone clearly read my Facebook status. My only member of staff was waiting for me with a hot chocolate. We now have beer and chips. Yum.

goldenretriever Fri 04-Oct-13 13:51:46

Spiffy, now you are higher up, perhaps you can force people to bring you in wine, chocolate, crisps and things on a regular basis?!

Am good for any date in November, bar Saturday 16th.

Indith, instead of Autumnwatch, this read is a bit like Periodwatch!!! Only joking, there is nothing like realising how much you don't want another baby than the slightest prospect of having one. Hadn't thought that one person might be all three: fat, pregnant and divorced, but none of those, of course, will be your good self, I'm sure. Of course, up for local takeaway evening. OH away for night of Sat 26th, so mine would be free that evening or can do most nights apart from that night at other people's houses. Hope night shifts
arent making you feel too horrid.

Indith Sun 06-Oct-13 21:08:48

still nothing. not tested for a few days. will get more sticks! finished nights. golden will sort something when awake. have not slept much today, want to go to bed but have very hot poorly baby on me. wonder if he has a water infection, keeps thrashing grabbing at his bits saying poo while crying.

Indith Mon 07-Oct-13 19:42:34

Ds1 lost his first tooth! He bounced around all excited telling me how a boy in his class got £3 for a tooth at the weekend! £3? Is that really the going rate? I think ds1 might be a bit disappointed in the morning.

juneybean Mon 07-Oct-13 20:47:43

No, M has been telling me she'll be getting 15p when her first tooth comes out and she's very excited about it!

juneybean Tue 08-Oct-13 19:45:18

Ughhh Fertility Friends is the most irritating forum ever!

Indith Wed 09-Oct-13 08:50:37

Do they sprinkle baby dust everywhere and call each other hun?

How many more pregnancy tests is it going to take to either convince myself I'm not or to make my period start?

juneybean Wed 09-Oct-13 10:48:13

Wear a lovely white dress today!

Well I had posted asking for info about a specific clinic in the Single Women area because I wanted to know specifically about single women who had been there and they moved my post to the local area so now I'll get couples replying who probably got it on the NHS!

I love mumsnet, no one moves my post unless I ask!

juneybean Wed 09-Oct-13 10:48:49

And yes too many tickers!!!

5 minutes since my last fart ~~~~~~~~~

goldenretriever Thu 10-Oct-13 23:13:53

Fertility friends? Shudder.

Indith, I have given it some thought and perhaps you could go rollerskating with three dalmatians on a leash whilst listening to 'It's my life' on a walkman. Wearing shorts. And your body would be fooled. I am now off to solve the country's economic problems and drink cider.

Indith Fri 11-Oct-13 09:53:59

Do you have a dalmation I can borrow?

And some roller skates.

And shorts.

And a walkman actually.

goldenretriever Fri 11-Oct-13 13:01:55

Bien sur, that is how I normally spend my week ends.

Any further forward on November night out??

Indith Fri 11-Oct-13 13:13:33

I confess I don't have the heart to plan until I know I can drink! Though I keep testing negative not that I have been doing multiple tests or anything

Ok. Dates.

9th
16th
23rd

Hands up folks!

Indith Fri 11-Oct-13 13:25:45

I realise that makes e sound like my one aim os to get pissed. But I have only just mostly stopped bed sharing. I want a drink! But I'm not yet until I know for sure that I'm not incubating again.

Can't leave A in the evenings yet.

Even if I thought J could do a double bedtime alone, A has decided after a 2 month hiatus from top-ups that he's no longer interested in bottles, or formula in a cup either, so I may be stuck every night with a reverse cycling limpet when I go back to work in Nov.

Indoth, I have some pre-baby white linen skirts/trousers which might fit you... ;). More seriously, I skipped my period during my A level exams. It showed up the day after my last exam, so may be post placement?!

Indith Fri 11-Oct-13 16:38:16

grin That's just typical. You will be missed Leggy.

Course we could always start early and do a cocktail afternoon and early dinner!

Need to check with dh over days. Will do that tonight.

Still nothing Indith? I could send you over some erratic bleeding if you'd like Fecking coil

Celebrating today. Got sent to see the big boss. We had a plan that he had to approve. When we asked he said no. And wanted us to do something that we really didn't want to do. So I was sent to negotiate with the general expectation that we'd lose because he is after all in charge and can tell us what to do and it is very hard to persuade him to change his mind. I persuaded him to go with our original plan. Everyone is shock shock shock and I amgrin. God, I hope this works.

Indith Fri 11-Oct-13 19:36:45

Well done Spiggy!

Nope. Still nothing. I have been reduced to symptom spotting, except of course they could all be signs of either! Actually at what should have been day 14 I was acting like I was ovulating so maybe I just skipped it completely and the next one will turn up on time so to speak.

Mmm cocktail ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now