When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

VikingLady Mon 09-Sep-13 20:45:56

Congratulations Spiggy !

juneybean Mon 09-Sep-13 21:32:32

28th is no good for me but don't know about November yet!

ArrowofApollo Tue 10-Sep-13 11:30:48

I can't do 28th as I'll be in Essex but I can do any date in November.

ArrowofApollo Tue 10-Sep-13 11:31:50

OOh just saw Spiggy's news, congratulations!! Hope it comes with extra ££££s too!

A whole £500 a year more, less tax, ni and student loan hmm so nowt then but that is the entry level, I get more for each year of experience until I reach the actual rate for the job after 5 years. And that is more than I'm on now grin

goldenretriever Tue 10-Sep-13 23:37:46

Hurrah for Spiggy! Well deserved.

I would be fine for September 28th or November. Though the September one is near a large birthday... What about SPB?

Indith, would definitely be up for the quiz one week, though this week is a stinker with highlights of medical/school appointments, being dragged to a double bill of Insidious 1 and 2 (I actually think he wants to see me soil myself) and an attempt to replaster and redecorate the change resistant Ds's bedroom. Without him noticing. I am also testing fake tans for a large supermarkets magazine. Attractive...

VikingLady Mon 16-Sep-13 21:54:45

I'm fine for 28th or Nov, public transport allowing....

I need a night out.

Fucking cunting wankering tosspot bastards.

Colleague from work bemoaning on fb that nuts been banned at her son's school with loads of her friends piling in to say that they are just going to ignore it. I may have let rip had a drink how fucking DARE a child have an illness that threatens their (nt) child's love of peanut butter sandwiches. It it's not something that is done lightly (no ban at H's school and I'm ok with that as I trust them to have procedures in place and her allergy is only apparent after ingestion) so it would suggest that either there is a severe problem or the don't share food plan has gone horribly wrong.

I may be defriended in the morning....and I don't fucking care.

ArrowofApollo Tue 17-Sep-13 22:55:09

Some people are just so fucking selfish!!

goldenretriever Thu 19-Sep-13 16:30:37

Spiggy, were you de friended?! They sound like bell ends anyway.

Having week from hell, including both of mine having the sickness and diarrhoea bug. Made grimmer by both being in nappies and one not bei.g able to say what is wrong.

Are we on for the 28th Indith? You know you haven't got much going on for the next two and a half years!!! smile

ArrowofApollo Fri 20-Sep-13 06:10:32

Indith, was it your DS1 who used to suffer from night terrors? Or am I thinking of someone else? Asking advice on behalf of a friend.

Cara's sleep is turning shit again. I think it might be due to all the newborn babies I have been recently exposed to, she is kindly reminding me why I do NOT want DC3...

Wasn't de friended but the air was a little chilly the next day...

Can't do the 28th now, something else on.

Apollo, m had night terrors and t may be starting up with them. Change of temperature worked with m, taking him outside to the cold.

Indith Sun 22-Sep-13 20:32:53

Right, sod the 28th, no planning been done, no time to plan and frankly I will be dead by then.

Before I go completely underground in my attempts to survive turning nocturnal I charge you with planning a cocktail swigging, relaxing birthday/hen party/early christmas do for any Saturday from the 26th October onwards.

Go poke people, gather up the old crowd, entice those newbies who sometimes pluck up the courage to ask if they can have cake with us and then get scared. Let's make it a bloody good Durham MN meet up!

Indith Sun 22-Sep-13 20:36:32

And yes ds1 used to get terrors really badly. Started a few months before dd was born, he could have one every slipping sleep cycle at times. Sleep walking type behaviour, all sorts!

Ds2 can have some lovely screaming episodes at night where is is just yelling "no!" going all stiff, hitting us when we try to cuddle him, pushing boobs away when 30 seconds before he had been asleep with a nipple in his mouth..........he has better bloody not be going down that road!

Spiggy I hope for your sake your ds2 isn't going to be too bad with them! angry at ignorant parents. FGS if their child had a serious problem you can bet your boots they'd be the first demanding the school dealt with it.

ArrowofApollo Sun 22-Sep-13 20:38:16

Thanks, Spiffy. Shall pass that on. Friend's DS appears to be terrified of the dark sad

Indith - challenge accepted :D
Shall we say mid November? I don't think I have anything in the diary between 26th Oct and Xmas.

The Capital? Or somewhere different?

Right I like a good plan. Just let me get through the next week and I'll get planning. It is my first official day in my new job tomorrow. I just checked my email and I have to write a paper on potential new work. For tomorrow night. shock Thursday I am going to a meeting of different agencies as the representative of my organisation. I have no idea what I am doing. I. Am. Shitting. Myself. grin

Ikea do a good cheap light (couple of quid) that you can get with a red shade. It is great for scared of the dark as it is light enough to see but as it is red it doesn't disrupt sleep like a normal light would. We have one for h.

juneybean Sun 22-Sep-13 22:34:49

Cocktails? (a given?!)

Definitely cocktails!

juneybean Mon 23-Sep-13 10:20:20

I may be off 2nd November.... but won't get the rest of my hours til beginning of October.

goldenretriever Mon 23-Sep-13 13:34:58

Hmm, cocktails. Would love to come, but am a bit of a pain in the arse and would struggle with Oct 26 and definitely can't do Nov 16th.

Youngest offspring was violently sick last night all over the couch. In all the nooks and crannies. Sigh.

Good luck Spiffy, you will be fab!

Urgh, golden. Hope you got all the bits and there was no more vomit. I'd take pretty much anything over dealing with vomit sympathetic puker

First day went well. Got out of writing that paper tonight but have to write 5 others and have about fifty million other things to do. On the plus side the new boss is impressed with my gossip skills, v important in the new job apparently, although now it counts as networking and information gathering... grin

Indith Sun 29-Sep-13 10:53:48

Oh dear hope all feeling better golden.

How is the job Spiggy?

Survived week one of nights. Just one more to go!

Can't believe September is almost over.

I am late. Tested negative. But still late.

No reason to be at all. Am assuming the week of exclusive feeding I did this month when the boy was poorly is what has done it.

I'd better bloody not be. That is not a discussion I want to have with dh though it would give me the chance to use the girl name I have left over.

Dh and I both knackered and grumpy and snapping at each other. Found out yesterday too that he hasn't even got an interview for a job he applied for. He found out on Wednesday but we've been like ships in the night and he hadn't told me. Such a shame, he was really, really excited about the job and it would have suited him down to the ground. He had all the experience, all the desirables, I don't get why he wouldn't even get an interview. My best guess is either that he has made a mistake somewhere with his CV or covering letter and he needs to work on improving that or that they had an internal lined up and were just advertising because they have to. In which case it is shit and not interviewing perfectly good candidates is probably illegal. They claim not to give feedback but he is going to ring next week anyway.

Oh Fuck Indith. could the night shifts have mucked things up with your cycle? sending non baby vibes your way. Hope you also manage to find some time for everything. You've got so much going on but it will all be worth it in the end.

First week in new job seemed to go ok. Don't think I fucked anything up although it is starting to sink in that I am in charge of a fairly well known government helpline and responsible for its performance. What blithering idiot decided that was a good plan?!

Indith Sun 29-Sep-13 15:11:55

I honestly don't know how I would be if I am. must be the excessive feeding knocked it off. was due before starting the nights. dh is not allowed to procrastinate anylonger, he WILL be castrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now