When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

juneybean Thu 05-Sep-13 20:36:39

Can we add in a "juney's going to be single forever so let her have a hen night any ways" party?

juneybean Thu 05-Sep-13 20:40:33
goldenretriever Thu 05-Sep-13 22:21:41

Indith, I demand u at least have to quaff a few cocktails for the big day. I will chauffeur you back if need be. I have also had an interesting week. Small one had first haircut, my Mums birthday and my eldest starting school and having Autism diagnosis. All on same day... Juney, no chance u being single forever.

<hugs golden> I know there were investigations but hearing it confirmed must have been hard. Hope it is the passport for support, for you and ds.

Indith, hope the temp stayed down. I don't think it is recommended now but the children's ward I spent a large part of my childhood on always used fans to bring down temps. When t had the pox he seemed more stable when he was skin to skin with me. I got bloody roasting instead

It sounds like we all need a night out.

Indith Fri 06-Sep-13 10:01:25

Golden you need cocktails too. How has school gone?

Ds2 seems a lot better today. He has definitely lost weight bless him but he is on the mend.

I'm going to light the fire.

goldenretriever Fri 06-Sep-13 13:44:21

Glad to hear that little A is a bit better, Indith.

Thanks, Spiffy. A few cocktails would be more than welcome, though after the 2 yo's 'that's my Mammy's favourite, she drinks it all the time' to the cashier in the Co op this week about the crates of Strongbow there, perhaps I should lay off...

D's first week has gone ok, he us getting one on one and we have been invited to some Autism training next week that all the staff are going to. Although he has taken a fancy to the Headmaster who he got bolognaise sauce on on his first day. D's first day, not the Headmaster! D also cuddles him a lot. However his face is crotch level. Awkward...

Indith Fri 06-Sep-13 13:51:09

smile That's lovely that he likes the head so much, speaks volumes about the school I think. Sounds like things are going well and that they are being really supportive.

grin at strongbow. I reckon we can get 6 of us from round here, we could book a big taxi, get pissed and nobody need ever know.

We have a slight rash. Looks like a typical post viral to me. Woohoo! That means it is nearly over!

Juney my dear you will NOT be single forever. You can definitely have an advance hen do though, less planning to do when you do get married grin.

juneybean Fri 06-Sep-13 14:12:15

We should play mumsnet bingo in RL and get drunk on shots but that'd probably involve getting drunk on a lunchtime since mothers don't go out at night wink

Indith Fri 06-Sep-13 14:24:10

I can do drunk at lunchtime. Gives me time to sober up before I spend the night in bed with a baby.

At what point can you start to drink while cosleeping? I assume I am considerably less likely to do harm to ds2 while drunk squiffy than I would be a newborn.

juneybean Fri 06-Sep-13 14:27:05

When he can push you away when you start snoring on him?

Indith Fri 06-Sep-13 14:48:59

grin

Indith Fri 06-Sep-13 15:02:52

I just spent £70 at Dunelm kitting out his bed. He can bloody well get out of mine now.

Indith Sat 07-Sep-13 08:37:46

On Monday I will get my next lot of off duty, then I will come and put forward some dates for going out.

goldenretriever Sat 07-Sep-13 11:33:49

Sounds like a plan.

Yay. We are on our night away. With ds2. hmm none of the relatives wanted to look after him so he had to come with us.

Still the b&b is lovely and I've had the best part of a bottle of champagne grin

Yay. We are on our night away. With ds2. hmm none of the relatives wanted to look after him so he had to come with us.

Still the b&b is lovely and I've had the best part of a bottle of champagne grin

Can you tell I've had the best part of a bottle of champagne? grin

Indith Sat 07-Sep-13 17:57:44

WHAT! That is SO unfair! I hope he behaves for you.

Enjoy the booze!

We went to the village hall for apple pie and the judging of the scarecrows and the produce show. Ds2 gagged on a piece of cheese and threw up all over the place. He ate a lot of blackberries this afternoon out picking!

Golden you want to join us for the village quiz on the 13th SPB sometimes comes, the friend you met at SPB's house pretty much always comes. Then just a bunch of other local parents. Mostly we try and get tame teenagers to baby sit so everyone can go, sometimes mums and dads take it in turns to come while the other minds the kids, sometimes people bring the kids plus ipads and they run riot and we ignore them and drink wine grin.

Dh walking him round so he can get to sleep. I'm drinking cocktails grin

<squee> I got the job! <does a little dance>

Indith Mon 09-Sep-13 18:06:11

Congratulations Spiggy you fabulous thing you.

juneybean Mon 09-Sep-13 18:57:41

Yayy!!

Indith Mon 09-Sep-13 19:46:17

Got my offduty. It is hideous!

Anyway, dates I propose are 28th Sept or, erm, er........

November. I'm at uni in November not placement so can do any weekend.

Yay Spiggy!

Any of those fine for me. My birthday in Nov grin

Thanks for the congrats. I am now the same grade as my dad was when he retired shock . Job is going to be very hard but working with one of my really good friends and also my current line manager who I love working with and who pushed me to get the job. I am still grinning from ear to ear. My lovely, lovely colleague that was also in for the job rang to say that if he had to lose, he was glad it was to me which was so nice of him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now