When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

juneybean Wed 28-Aug-13 17:09:39

You lot have rubbed off on me.

I was just reading facebook and read a friend with a 5 month old weaning onto bottles as he's too big and nips her. Made me feel sad as 5 months seems awfully young compared to you lot!

Hi journey, I realise I am sticking my twopenneth in here with no prior knowledge or anything to base this on about you but would loose black linen trousers be any good, cover a multitude of sins, airy enough to deal with heat but warm enough if not? Also, not a problem if you have to go upstairs in front of him on the tram.

Journey!!! Bloody autocorrect

juneybean Thu 29-Aug-13 12:41:49

Oo thanks for the suggestion, I went with shorts and a tee.... however I decided within a second of seeing him again that I didn't actually like him and had to endure and hour and a half of forced conversation until I could feign a migraine and run away sad I'm such a let down.

goldenretriever Thu 29-Aug-13 13:03:51

Good luck for interview, spiffy. How was it?

Juney - his fault entirely, for everything.

juneybean Thu 29-Aug-13 15:14:22

grin too true!

Indith Thu 29-Aug-13 17:27:38

grin juney. oh well!

Sorry the date didn't work out juney. especially had we were all hoping to live vicariously through you

Interview next thurs not today- luckily as I had a horrible migrane this morning. They've decided to only interview 4 of us (out of 14 applicants) so I've already done quite well. It is going to be an hour and a half including a presentation. part of that is to talk about how this team will work with a different team. Dh has just been put in charge of the other team. grin guess I can't just say that he'll do as he's told....

juneybean Thu 29-Aug-13 22:39:15

Sorry sorry, I'll line up some more people just for you lot! grin I'll suffer through them wink

juneybean Fri 30-Aug-13 23:45:22

Well... I'm being mean and toying with the boy, and he's texting me saying he wants to watch a movie with me and I asked which one and he said he didn't mind, he just wanted to cuddle me... taking all of my willpower not to text back "I'm not a fucking teddy bear."

VikingLady Sat 31-Aug-13 09:01:43

Spiggy You can be too honest in an interview!

Juney Does anywhere sell teddy bears that say "dumped" or similar? grin

juneybean Sat 31-Aug-13 14:53:15

Bahaha! grin

ArrowofApollo Sun 01-Sep-13 11:23:10

Spiggy - good luck with your interview smile

Juney - aww shame, still better to cut ties now. Don't leave him hanging on in case he turns out to be one of those stalker types shock

Had a lovely week in Scotland apart from DS's bad behaviour.
Now trying to hide from the dcs as I have a headache but I still need to take DS out to get his school shoes. Except now he is having a massive tantrum and won't let me take him. FML.

Indith Tue 03-Sep-13 23:19:31

oh febrile convulsions and a trip in an ambulance. what larks. bedding down for the night on treetops ward, there is a screaming child somewhere and I've had no dinner! the nice nurse found me alonely sandwich though.

juneybean Wed 04-Sep-13 10:35:15

Ohhh no Indith!! Which child? Hope you're both okay!

shock hope things are ok Indith.

My brother had febrile convulsions from overheating at 12mo and was unscathed soon after. Keeping fingers crossed its the same for you guys.

Indith Wed 04-Sep-13 16:44:54

and home. it was Arthur. I know they are quite common and harmless but blimey it was scary! for. first one it is paramedic, ambulance ride and an overnight stay. then taken all day to even remotely keep temp down.

missed dd's first day of school sad and my blood test. and the start of placement 2 for uni. will prob miss placement tomorrow too to make sure temp under control before he goes back to cm.

juneybean Wed 04-Sep-13 17:05:53

Awww poor boy sad

goldenretriever Wed 04-Sep-13 19:35:51

Hope A is ok. Some things are more important than work x

Sorry to hear that indith, fortunately, we've never had that but a friend has and they are damn scary.

ArrowofApollo Thu 05-Sep-13 10:29:32

Just seen this, hope A is okay today.

Only just seen this. Hope a feeling better now. Scary things, children. Always something new to freak you out with.

Hope you've recovered from it all as well.

Indith Thu 05-Sep-13 19:18:11

Plus- temp has stayed down most of the afternoon. He has eaten a little.

minus- vomit this morning. Hardly drunk or fed, only 1 wee so far today. We've had 2 rather splatty nappies. temp creeping up again now.

juneybean Thu 05-Sep-13 19:49:49

Got any ice lollies?

Indith Thu 05-Sep-13 20:01:17

good point, not tried that.

You know that birthday thing we've talked about but not planned AT ALL? I so needs to happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now