When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

Indith Mon 01-Jul-13 13:17:25

Dh says as part of my turning old I can go see either, or possibly both Megson and Show of Hands at the Gala in October and November. Does anyone want to come with me? Am very much struggling. Anyone who might have enjoyed it has moved abroad. Selfish whatsits.

ArrowofApollo Mon 01-Jul-13 14:18:51

Don't worry will be having regular meet ups during the summer holidays at the Botanical Gardens!

Indith Sun 07-Jul-13 15:11:23

www.weekenddoll.co.uk/epages/100135580.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/100135580/Products/SHO1300/SubProducts/POD1000-0001

What do you think?

I cannot WAIT for August and holiday. I have so much to do before then! I have an exam on August 1st then an assessment to record on the 5th and then I am DONE. DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE and I fully expect you lot to come to Botanics, Beach, Cake eating and whatever else with me all summer long because I miss people.

juneybean Sun 07-Jul-13 23:26:45

That dress is adorable but far more than I would spend... maybe... although saying that I've bought from Monsoon before.

ArrowofApollo Mon 08-Jul-13 07:59:30

That is gorgeous that dress!

Yes for Botanics visita! I'm away w/c august 3rd, so w/c 10th? Can do any day of that week.

Indith Mon 08-Jul-13 18:00:37

I know juney, I stillfeel guilty at the price but I panic bought! had a bargain ebay one but I've slimmed a little at it is too big now with the wedding coming up really soon.

goldenretriever Mon 08-Jul-13 20:01:40

Oooh, nice dress. There is something about this weather that makes me think 'f%$^ this shit!'...

juneybean Mon 08-Jul-13 21:22:51

Oh well, if you half the price between the two dresses it's not too bad! </juneys odd logic>

Indith Mon 08-Jul-13 22:23:30

and you have to split cost between 2 weddings.

I can't be doing with this heat either. melting, sleepy lethagy

goldenretriever Sun 14-Jul-13 18:12:39

Juneybean - did you decide on a course to follow?

I have dropped my expensive mobile down the (clean) toilet. It has been in a bag of rice all week. I have fears for it's recovery.

Isn't it somebody's big birthday approaching? (Looks away innocently...)

Indith Sun 14-Jul-13 18:43:55

oh dear golden. it isn't anyone's birthday, tis frozen and spiggys hen do wink

I should start a thread.

Indith Sun 14-Jul-13 19:26:03
goldenretriever Sun 14-Jul-13 19:39:00

SPB, forgot to say, one mention in the Mumsnet talk round up email is impressive, two is rubbing it in!!!

ArrowofApollo Tue 16-Jul-13 12:30:41

Can I put in a tentaive date for Botanics?
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday of w/c 29th July. Can't meet up before then as Mater is up.

ishchel Wed 17-Jul-13 01:00:30

I will be in France. :-) that week, AA.

Here is a good one. DD2 told it was too late to play out. she put her shoes on anyway as I shut the front door with the key. Then nothing. then the doorbell rang. I see no one o/s. It rang again and I assumed it was the kids next door looking for her but I ignore it. Then I went looking for her. She was no where in the house.

The minx had opened and jumped through the dining room window and was no where to be found. Went looking for her and found her at next door at the older gentleman's she likes to visit, just cooling her heels off. He'd asked and she told him that I knew where she was.

The first time I am grounding either of my children. She is heartbroken cos it is the first time she is grounded.

This thread had fallen off my threads I'm on shock

if i am allowed to submit a defence I am doing two full time jobs at the moment and rapidly losing and threads of sanity I had left. I can't wait for Monday when my job share for the project comes back from his hols. I'm torn between flinging my arms round him in gratitude that he's back or slap him for leaving me with all the work while sending "helpful" emails from Spain.

But I do have some good news. We saw a new Dr about T's eczema and got a magic new cream that completely cured it. As a result he had started sleeping through the night. Even occasionally having a lie inshock shock .

So how is everyone else in this sweltering heat?

goldenretriever Fri 19-Jul-13 17:19:51

My OH has ripped his calf muscle playing football. The day before a school meeting, you can imagine how sympathetic I was...

ArrowofApollo Fri 19-Jul-13 22:47:58

Hot and DD still not sleeping through the night sad And DS getting into bed with us at 4-5am...

goldenretriever Wed 24-Jul-13 19:27:42

Worryingly, I have another tale of an inappropriately disposed of animal. We found a baby hedgehog outside our house at week end. My OH gave it water, bought it some chicken and cat food and lovingly watched it in our garden. Next morning he asked me if it was hibernating, I replied with 'No. It is the deadest thing I have ever seen' I went out and he faithfully promised to give it a nice resting place. Upon coming
back and asking him where, he replied with 'I chucked it over the fence' It is some bushes on some Council land, but FFS. I am totally being cremated or will end up fly tipped down the lines...

ArrowofApollo Mon 29-Jul-13 14:45:14

Oh dear GR!

Is anyone up for a Botanics meet up on Thursday/Friday?

ArrowofApollo Mon 29-Jul-13 19:57:10

Oops, sorry can only do Thursday this week!

juneybean Tue 30-Jul-13 15:59:53

I have it on good authority that the pancake shop in Durham is child friendly if anyone fancies it in September (don't like meet ups in holidays cos I don't like kids ... Lol)

ArrowofApollo Wed 31-Jul-13 06:49:18

That's one to think about!!

Let's put the Botanics off until the week after next, I know Leggy can't do Thursday and I will definitely need to meet up with her to pass on some nappies (and the stair gate!).

Just getting this back on my tio.grin

Can do tues or wed next week. Things still a bit hectic at the moment so apologies for being rubbish at keeping up worth things. Been asked to stay in my temp promotion till Nov/Dec but there's also the possibility of a permanent promotion. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

much more importantly do we have a plan for Indith's birthday?! I'm off to find the other thread....

BanjoPlayingTiger Fri 02-Aug-13 20:27:13

Hello! I have said hello on here before, but it was just before we moved and I completely forgot about it with the moving house thing.
I'm in Durham, have older kids and am up for a meet up at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now