When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

2013 Durham/Teesside/Tyne and Wear greet, meet and eat thread

(832 Posts)
ArrowofApollo Thu 04-Apr-13 07:44:58

Thought I would start a new thread as the old one is getting full.

Next meet up is on Wednesday 10th April, 10ish at the Durham Botanical Gardens. We will either be in the entrance or staking a couple of the picnic tables by the pond.
I will be giving Vikinglady a lift.

Indith Mon 10-Jun-13 17:58:23

first week was good. Lots of learning to do! Shattered after yesterday (13 hour shift).

ArrowofApollo Tue 11-Jun-13 08:05:26

Wow, that does sound tiring!
Sorry to hear the night weaning isn't going well. I hope it improves again quickly! Am thinking of having a go this weekend but am thinking I need to sort out her ridiculous bed times first, DD is not going asleep until 9pm!! It is crazy!

Indith Tue 11-Jun-13 09:31:32

Maybe the 2 go hand in hand? If she is night weaned and therefore able to go off to sleep without a nipple in her mouth (assuming she still wakes briefly between sleep cycles at night) then she might be happier being popped into bed in the evening and chattering to her toys for a bit before going to sleep.

Glad the first week went ok. Did you get to try the comfy shoes? grin

I have been lured into going to a school event. It is only when we turned up that they told us that it goes on till 8.10. shock shock I've not had any tea and I'm starving. Plus I have to sit through 14 schools dancing. I thought I was just coming to see Ds1. Heeeeeeelllpppp!

goldenretriever Tue 11-Jun-13 22:38:13

Bah humbug to school events.

Gulp at 13 hour shift. Have been told by Uni that they will let me start in September now. I will be a lady who wears comfortable shoes. Not that kind though.

Good luck for school thingy, Indith.

ArrowofApollo Wed 12-Jun-13 22:46:37

Yep, that might be helpful!

ArrowofApollo Thu 13-Jun-13 07:52:39

Well, I must have worn her out yesterday as DD slept from 8.30pm - 5.30am, and then until past 7am! Longest sleep ever!!
Yesterday she had a nap from 9.30-11am (I woke her up as she was going to miss her birthday party!) and she dozed off on me at around 5.30pm but I woke her up. She did have a busy day as she had her party in the morning then we walked to school and she walked most of the way there and part of the way back (she is currently hating the carrier, pushchair and the car seat hmm).
Doubt very much she will repeat it tonight! Anyway Happy Birthday DD, 2 today!

Indith Thu 13-Jun-13 15:45:37

Wow!

Happy birthday Kara!

DS2 has been all velcro and unable to sleep. Was wired with learning to walk. Still kind of is I think, still stuck at doing single steps. Then he started looking like he was coming down with something and last night ran a temp and puked all over me at 3am. Nice.

Indith Thu 13-Jun-13 15:46:12

Oh and golden I'm glad you get to start in Sept. Not long now!

Oh fantastic Kara. Fingers crossed for a repeat performance!

Indith, hope A feeling better today.

Indith Fri 14-Jun-13 16:14:19

So the past rather a lot of few days my jeans have felt tight which has put me in a rotten mood, I've been in a horrible mood and I've been completely knackered. I should probably have been prepared for my periods coming back!

Fecking things

Maybe I will get pg again to make them sod off.

Is it too early in life for a hysterectomy?

Not if you have endo...!

Seriously considering drastic action if mine come back as bad as before again. That's drastic, like major ablation, not drastic like pregnancy! ;)

Hoping BFing will give me until Christmas off at least, Sorry to hear yours are back.

Indith Sat 15-Jun-13 06:21:23

ablation should help a lot leggy. I am in the endo camp really. lots of symptoms and runs in the family, just didn't get round to diagnosis before babies. they tend to be less painful initially post baby then creep up to keeling over levels.

my mother eventually did opt for whipping it all out! sister had ablation a couple of years ago and then uses mirena which helps.

Ahem. Has anybody spotted the latest bar to open in Newcastle?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-taste/2013/05/24/newcastle-gin-palace-is-a-game-changer-61634-33376497/

I believe there was some talk off a piss up celebration of Indith's 30th and a belated hen do for me and frozen. This place seems made for a MN meet up...

Hmm how do you do links on the app?

Just google new gin bar Newcastle....

Indith Sat 15-Jun-13 20:13:08

did someone say gin?

Gin.

grin grin grin grin

My friend is checking it out and promises to report back when he sobers up

juneybean Sat 15-Jun-13 22:15:43

Ooo there used to be a Vodka bar...or an ice bar... I can't remember... hmm

Any one fancy a Slug & Lettuce meet up soon?

Ooh, I didn't realise others here have endo. I had my first lap just before getting pregnant with R (although there were two additional miscarriages after the op and before the BFP with R). I'd expected the diagnosis for years given my symptoms but wasn't prepared for the extent of it. Luckily, I've not really had my cycles return properly in between children.

During ultrasounds with J it became rapidly clear that one of my ovaries is now completely adhered to other organs (for a while it seemed to have gone missing) so I am expecting more surgery when the pain returns properly, and I will go ahead with a partial or full hysterectomy as required. It seems to be the pragmatic option!

Sorry for interrupting the gin talk! grin

VikingLady Sun 16-Jun-13 09:44:09

Gin grin

I don't know that I have it, but I've got some symptoms and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be completely incapable of parenting for an hour or two a day 5 days a month ;). Was gearing up to investigations just before getting pregnant with A and will set the ball rolling again if it comes back again when I start cycling again.

Not sure a gin palace and Velcro baby are mutually compatible ... Unless its an afternoon thing? ;) Still haven't done our daytime ebony's meet!

Indith Wed 19-Jun-13 09:47:26

Oh dear lord we made progress, sort of, on the sleep and feeding. Then baby got ill. Now complete limpet, will not be put down AT ALL in the evenings. Just about recovering from random virus and has snotty nose. I'm on nights next week.

Not good.

Not good at all.

<<panics>>

goldenretriever Thu 20-Jun-13 10:29:07

Worryingly, I am hungover in Manchester, yet my ears still pricked up when I read the word gin...

Hope nights go ok next week Indith. I am sorted for March 2014 start now, so glad to have made my mind up about it.

Indith Thu 20-Jun-13 17:20:08

well keep pricking them up, spb is trying to hunt you down to invite you for gin at hers tomorrow.....

goldenretriever Thu 20-Jun-13 17:48:29

Okey dokey. SPB - your name funnily came up last week. A mutual friend who is leaving her job tomorrow (lucky her) said you might be popping in to the ivory towers (with cake) at some point - I now sit in the other section from her. Though have been off yesterday and today, thankfully. Ah, cake - another pricking of ears trigger word.

Have realised I am officially an old duffer. Went to concert last night and have felt like a lethargic lump all day - have had to mainline caffeine in order not to cancel on a chat and glass of wine with a friend tonight. Had some Cimarosa white zinfandel rose wine from Lidl yesterday and it had the effect of an okayish tasting horse tranquiliser...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now