When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Anyone fancy a Cheltenham meet-up?

(327 Posts)
GetOrf Thu 07-Feb-13 19:06:24

Just been talking to a few MNers today about a meetup (you know who you are!). Would anyone fancy a few drinks and a meal one night in Cheltenham, and afterwards dancing round our handbags in the Prom Club?

(I am joking about the Prom Club grin)

Ledkr Wed 06-Mar-13 22:36:19

Hi jalg yes join us. You have a huge age gap between your children. I have a 28 yr old and a 2 yr old with three in between. I have been through divorce as have a few if us. How about I pm you my mobile no and you can text me Friday.

JALG Wed 06-Mar-13 22:41:59

lovely i am with a girlfriend as I plan to have a few drinks in tow. I can gatecrash and then you can loose us if you don't like us lol.

DollyTwat Wed 06-Mar-13 22:59:43

Yes me and ledkr are very quiet and don't drink much at all

BIWI Wed 06-Mar-13 23:04:48

Dolly! grin

GetOrf Wed 06-Mar-13 23:06:39

You pair of FIBSTERS grin

Hello jalg - yes more than welcome to join us

BIWI Wed 06-Mar-13 23:09:54

I'm reading this thread with much envy

Hope you all have a lovely time!

Ledkr Thu 07-Mar-13 07:02:27

You can come BIWI we Will be consuming many carbs grin

GetOrf Thu 07-Mar-13 07:06:02

Come BIWI to Cheltenham. Me and Dolly came to that London last year, you come to this one and we will show you the inside of bars the sights of regency Cheltenham grin

DollyTwat Thu 07-Mar-13 07:54:41

Biwi
Do it
Do it
Do it
<childish>

We will look after you promise
I have a sofa you can sleep on

BIWI Thu 07-Mar-13 08:28:34

I'm envious because I can't come! Thanks for the offer though grin I'd love to see you again, GetOrf/Dolly - and to meet you Ledkr.

I shall be hosting a very civilised, low carb but alcohol-fuelled dinner party that evening.

Otherwise ...
grin

JALG Thu 07-Mar-13 11:06:19

Hi Ledkr - just came on quick as at work but have no messagge in my inbox, not sure how to PM but will try. ( there must be instructions somewhere) otherwise just leave time and place and we can meet up. My mate my pull out on me and as my BF has just dumped me I would really like some company, stops me getting all morose ha ha. Oh and yes a massive (11 year) age gap cos hubby was busy having a fling with somebody or other and didnt have time to make babies (GIT) !! looking forward to meeting some near normals and a G & T ( i dont/can't drink too much - bit of a lightweight too)

DollyTwat Thu 07-Mar-13 13:36:29

Jalg that's awful, we will cheer you up

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 10:48:58

i have woken up with a cold. I will be the one with a red nose looking like Sid Snot. grin

foxache Fri 08-Mar-13 12:03:15

I have a woolly cold too, and spots, I will look marvelous hmm And I sound like a man. Looking forward to it though!

I wonder if anyone does irish coffee (if that's what it's called) - coffee, cream and whiskey...

Galena Fri 08-Mar-13 13:18:30

I feel like crap too. Child hasn't been sleeping. I haven't been sleeping. Child also decided it was a good idea to pour a full cup of half a pint of milk all over the table and floor at lunchtime. I'm pure evil today so I'll see how it goes. I may call off because I'm really not god company today. sad

Ledkr Fri 08-Mar-13 13:52:25

Aw dropping like flies you are! Bit of grub will sort that out. I'm looking forward to it too as long as I don't catch all the colds and skin complaints grin

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 14:18:05

Oh god at the milk spilling everywhere!

I hope everyone feels better soon. I am sure we can find some Irish coffee somewhere.

PatTheHammer Fri 08-Mar-13 14:40:00

I have a cold too..........Ahhh, we all match!

Anyone wanting a lift? I'll be coming in via the Shurdington Road end of Chelt so anyone on that side can pick up.

PatTheHammer Fri 08-Mar-13 14:41:28

I realised I had a cold yesterday when I was happily chatting to a parent at parent's evening and a drip of snot fell out my nose.

Mortified blush

Ledkr Fri 08-Mar-13 16:58:11

How lovely pat! I'm sat in soft play with a my two year old who seems to have injured her arm. Aibu to still come out and leave dh to deal with a and e?

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 17:03:57

Oh god are you at that soft play at Kingsditch?

You will need some wine later...

I have done that with the snot. I have also laughed and blew a big snot bubble out of my nose at a work meeting in a new job.

Glam.

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 17:04:25

Oh god I read that again about your dd's arm. I hope she is OK.

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 17:23:14

What's everyone wearing <5th former>

Are people getting dolled up or wearing jeans?

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 17:23:27

lol at dolled up. Christ I sound like my aunt nancy.

GetOrf Fri 08-Mar-13 17:25:39

And why is it raining? My hair is going to look like wreck of hesperus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now