When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Anyone fancy a Cheltenham meet-up?

(327 Posts)
GetOrf Thu 07-Feb-13 19:06:24

Just been talking to a few MNers today about a meetup (you know who you are!). Would anyone fancy a few drinks and a meal one night in Cheltenham, and afterwards dancing round our handbags in the Prom Club?

(I am joking about the Prom Club grin)

Galena Mon 11-Mar-13 17:58:23

19th is ok, if no other dates are any good. 20th isn't smile

PatTheHammer Mon 11-Mar-13 21:30:07

I think I can do the 5th/6th at the moment. Not so much the 19th/20th as may be in Sussex.

Shit it was cold today shock

GetOrf Tue 12-Mar-13 12:35:46

It's freezing today as well. And drunkards (not me) at gloucester station this morning.

It doesn't look very goood for april - how is everyone fixed for may? Bit awkward with bank hols etc.

Galena Tue 12-Mar-13 13:30:28

In May I can't do 10/11 or 24. However, we haven't thought about bank holidays really yet...

foxache Tue 12-Mar-13 18:06:20

Maybe we could do 5/6th April and then another in May so Galena can come?

Galena Tue 12-Mar-13 18:47:34

Waaaaah! You'll all be BFF's by May and I'll be Billy No Mates. <sniff>

<Might have spent too long with the 3-year-old today...>

<Needs wine but driving tonight so can't>

<Eats chocolate instead>

GetOrf Tue 12-Mar-13 18:56:34

Shall we do that then - one on 5 or 6th april, and then another one WITH GALENA in may grin

DollyTwat Tue 12-Mar-13 19:13:50

I could do the 5th April
But not the 6th
Could do 3rdmay

Thought I'd wait til you'd thrashed out some dates

Galena Tue 12-Mar-13 22:03:53

grin

GetOrf Fri 15-Mar-13 06:29:03

Shall we go for the 5th April then? Dolly do you need to get a sitter on that night though? Galena we could then do one in May.

Who else can come?

DollyTwat Fri 15-Mar-13 09:47:12

Yes I'll need a sitter but that's ok
I can't rely on fuckwit to keep to his weekends anyway

foxache Fri 15-Mar-13 10:13:30

yes I can do the 5th, sitter or not. Please let it be warm enough that we can smoke outside.

GetOrf Fri 15-Mar-13 15:00:39

Yes - it has got to be warm. I mean come on. How long has this bloody cold snap lasted.

PatTheHammer Sat 16-Mar-13 09:25:02

I can do the 5th, are we going for food again?

PatTheHammer Sat 16-Mar-13 09:25:47

Warmed up today, just bloody pissing it down. Gotta love spring in this country.

GetOrf Sat 16-Mar-13 11:26:43

I walked into town this morning, blowing a gale and my hair now looks crazy.

Just bought myself an ipad mini on a whim and am now struggling to put the sim card in with the fucking stupid tuning fork tool I don't understand. And my dd is at work so can't help. I am a moron.

Shall we go for the 5th then? Food would be a good idea - shall we do that again?

GetOrf Sat 16-Mar-13 11:40:13

I am frightened of my ipad. It is altogether too perfect looking.

It's like when I bought a Kitchenaid on a whim drunk internet shopping because it looked so cool and then when it turned up and I put it in the kitchen I shrieked 'don't touch it' to dd and didn't want to use it to sully it. Mad.

DollyTwat Sat 16-Mar-13 12:04:02

Getorf you just poke the little hole with the spikey thing and it will pop out

I am very jealous of your iPad mini, ds2 has one and I covet it

GetOrf Sat 16-Mar-13 12:11:25

Oh I thought you kind of hoiked it out. No wonder it didn't work.

I will have another go.

It looks great. I want to get one of those silicone integrated keyboard things for it. Makes my crappy old blackberry look like those old mobile phones we laugh at in films from the 90s.

DollyTwat Sat 16-Mar-13 12:26:58

Give it a hard push

Ds1 has a blackberry, I can't work it out at all with its clicky clacky teeny keys

DollyTwat Sat 16-Mar-13 12:28:15

It's the same as your cd drive on a PC. If it gets stuck you jam a paper clip in it!

GetOrf Sat 16-Mar-13 12:37:01

I have poked it really hard. Still won't work. Then I wondered if it was the right bloody hole. Can't get the damn thing out and I don't want to be too rough with it.

It's like a newborn baby when you just hold it and think 'christ'. No doubt I will be slinging the ipad about within days grin

SizzleSazz Sat 16-Mar-13 16:29:57

I have some MN friends coming to stay that weekend but not sure if turning up Fri or Sat. So i'm afraid i'll have to be a maybe again unless we abandon the DC's with the DH's and all come to Cheltenham grin

GetOrf Sat 16-Mar-13 18:15:37

Ledkr can't come because she is going to see one direction! She can do the 6th but that's trouble others isn't it?

My dd helped put the sim in and I have had a wonderful hour mucking around on my new ipad. I have bought one of those silicone keyboard things from amazon though as I can't yep very we'll on this keyboard with these fat fingers. grin

GetOrf Sat 16-Mar-13 18:15:49

See!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now