When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

London 2012 Xmas Meetup - 1st December

(854 Posts)

Well, the atrocious cunts who usually organise these things have slunk off on the excuse of having too much knitting to do. wink

How Very Dare They.

Get yer arses over here and sign up.

Especially those of you in the first 400 posts.

Yes, YOU!

I need to know numbers ASAP so I know what kind of venue to book.....

SpringHeeledJack Wed 05-Dec-12 11:09:07

How's you and yours doing, Paggy?

do hope everything's looking up a bit x

and Hully- I reckon it's good to get it out of the way now- otherwise you all end up barricaded in all Christmas, not seeing a soul. We did that last year- I remember having terrible repetitive dreams about our wallpaper

quite grim

HullyEastergully Wed 05-Dec-12 09:57:18

I'm such a hypocrite, I do that to dh. Why can't you sneeze like a normal person? No one has to sneeze THAT loudly...

Pagwatch Wed 05-Dec-12 09:55:13

God, DH is a bit like that except he gets irritated (apparently) that I am not coughing properly.
He stares at me then says things like 'calm down' and 'just breath more slowly'.

It's really hard to shout 'oh fuck off you massive arse' when you are coughing hard.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 05-Dec-12 09:39:00

sad poor Hully.

HullyEastergully Wed 05-Dec-12 09:35:50

It goes atchoo-atchoo-atchoo-atchoo-atchoo-atchoo-ATCHOOOOO-sorry, so sorry- atcHOO-all right, gawd I'm not doing it on-atCHOOOOO-purpose

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 05-Dec-12 09:27:41

Sneezing maniacally? Does that go "atchoo - mwah-ha-ha"?

HullyEastergully Wed 05-Dec-12 09:24:59

They left a long time ago.

It's funny how irritating people find sneezing. I have been GLARED at, like I purposefully sneezed maniacally to annoy them.

Pagwatch Wed 05-Dec-12 08:41:39

Is it your brains trying to get out?

HullyEastergully Wed 05-Dec-12 08:31:47

I have ridiculous sneezing now, ten at a time. Most odd.

Pagwatch Wed 05-Dec-12 08:03:19

Oh you poor lovelies. I hope you feel much better soon.

SpringHeeledJack Wed 05-Dec-12 08:00:51

it goes on FOREVER

[crone face]

<cough>

HullyEastergully Tue 04-Dec-12 14:52:39

I am riddled, nose blocked, eyes streaming etc, but feel better iyswim

SirBoobAlot Tue 04-Dec-12 13:35:08
SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Tue 04-Dec-12 12:17:31

Oh Trills, what a bummer. Still, at least you're sorted now.

I'd be up for a Brighton do at some point. I'm in Croydon so it's not too far. Mind you, Croydon has plenty of nice places to go to as well....

Though I will not be having any tequila. Definitely not.

Oh and Hully: any better today? Only DS has just come down with horrible honking snotty cold and I am trying to work out how long it's likely to last...

TrillsCarolsOutOfTune Tue 04-Dec-12 08:09:04

It was only £20 to get a new drivers license (you can do it all online, not difficult at all) and I did need to change the address on it anyway after we moved this summer.

BBB, I would much rather do Brighton! The raging metropolis of Crawley, West Sussex does not have quite the same... reputation.

And funny you should say that about knitting stockings and stringing cranberries or whatever. I actually spent the late afternoon today pushing pins with sequins on into styrofoam balls with the DDs. And we put up the tree yesterday with me not at all hungover, oh no wink

Oh Trills what a honking huge pain in the arse. But as you say at least you have the purse.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Mon 03-Dec-12 17:16:06

Well, quite.
I know they won't reinstate cards but you should be able to cancel the license request and so save the fee? More hassle I know.

TrillsCarolsOutOfTune Mon 03-Dec-12 16:57:30

I would have had a much nicer Sunday if I had gone in and said "do you have my purse?" and they'd said "yes here it is, it was in the bin, how odd, no money but at least you have all your cards and drivers license and stuff".

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Mon 03-Dec-12 16:47:52

Oh how bloody annoying Trills, all that hassle grrrr!
Good to get it back though I s'pose.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Mon 03-Dec-12 16:44:28

Hi Hearts, I think the main point was everyone seems to love/wants to come to Brighton.
Can't believe you all want to start thinking about another one so soon.
Haven't you all got stockings to knit or nuts to thread or something grin

TrillsCarolsOutOfTune Mon 03-Dec-12 16:41:44

My purse has been found, but only after I've cancelled all my cards and written off for a new drivers license.

It was found in the bin in the loos (sans money but with everything else) so it looks like someone just swiped it out of the top of my bag.

(my bag was poorly-guarded, to be fair)

The annoying thing is that it was found by the Sunday-morning cleaners, who put it in the "safe place". So safe that when I went in on Sunday the person on duty couldn't find it!

But at least I will get the actual purse back.

icclebabyjesusheave Mon 03-Dec-12 12:32:23

EveryDude, seriously, don't fret about the hat. It could have been so much worse. Sorry about your head!

BBB, married, SirBoobs - my uncle and cousins live in Three Bridges / Crawley - shall I ask them for suggestions? DCousin has good taste AFAIK so she might have some good ideas.

SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Mon 03-Dec-12 09:33:49

Oh dear oh dear. Hope you are not feeling too bad EveryDudeKnows. My bruises have come out nicely today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now