When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

North East Christmasish night out!

(188 Posts)
Indith Thu 18-Oct-12 15:57:05

dates suggested- 17th Nov, 24th Nov or 1st Dec? Majority vote wins.

Where? Cocktails in Ebony in Durham from 7/7.30 ish then on to wherever can fit us in with an 8.30 booking within tottering distance from Ebony. My vote would be The Capital grin.

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 11:13:37

Actually I tend to do it when I get the train down to work, so I can just drive it back the next night when the bus drops me off, possibly won't be a good idea on Saturday though!

Indith Mon 26-Nov-12 12:25:18

No, if oyu have to be sober enough to drive it kind of defeats the point of the taxi. However Dh normally walks in to get the paper on Sunday morning so I could drive to the bus.

plain naan for me. Or garlic if golden would prefer.

It is nearly party time!!!!!

goldenretriever Mon 26-Nov-12 13:27:26

Spiffy, plain would be great, but I am one of those dreadful people who will eat pretty much anything, so would do garlic instead, so don't mind.

Fives and Indith, will see you on the 18:52 (ish) bus. Ordering a taxi sounds like a plan, there is normally a good wait otherwise, isn't there? (And potential gits in the queue!) I am a newbie to the nights out, so will go along with what time you two think is best.

Stressing about getting home from work. Its just Durham to Esh Winning, but have heard roads are bad around Esh Winning....

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 13:33:23

I went through Langley pk which was bad in the usual places but passable. Am off to collect t from school soon and then to lanchester that will not ne fun. Where do you work?

Am peering out of my office window and endlessly refreshing the disruptions page on Metro's website- I don't want to have to walk home like last time there were floods. I'm down to one crutch but 6 miles might be pushing it!

DH has been on the phone, the house has sprung a couple of leaks in the roof. Just the bay window and the utility but still <sigh>

The weather had better improve in time for Saturday.

goldenretriever Mon 26-Nov-12 14:11:51

I am at the Lanchester Road Hospital site by Sniperley park and ride. Helpfully have had three seperate people ring up to tell me how bad the roads are... Had text from Esh Winning Primary at around 1pm to basically say 'please pick your children up now!'

Hope you get back ok spiffy!

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 14:18:00

I used to work in Appleton, for a long time, hoping I will again!
I'd go through bearpsrk, personally. Sympathies, it'd awful wondering if you'll get home

Indith Mon 26-Nov-12 14:57:27

Hope you are all OK. Getting dd from nursery was not fun and Ds1 been delivered home from school. The river over hte road has calmed down though. SPB I hope Lanchester was OK, I think most of it was impassable.

Indith Mon 26-Nov-12 15:00:04

Hope our night out doens't get flooded off.

FivesAndNorks Mon 26-Nov-12 16:23:14

langley park was fine. A691 into lanchester was awful and think it's about to be closed- police turned up as I was swimming through it grin
The back roads from Lanchester to EW were better than the main roads hmm.

goldenretriever Mon 26-Nov-12 18:29:13

Thanks fives, Bearpark way was ok, we all pipped off at half 2 thankfully! Am sure everything will be good for Saturday!

Indith Thu 29-Nov-12 11:47:09

Right then I have messaged the others on FB to choose their meals! We are pairing up quite well on the rice/naan front. Leggy is nobody else wants peshwari naan then do you want a whole one yourself or do you want to share a different naan?

Hope the rain stays away!

Indith Thu 29-Nov-12 12:33:19

Taxi booked for 11.30.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 29-Nov-12 14:29:37

Spiggy Methi chicken pilau + rice and naan (what kind?)
Golden Lamb Madras + will share with Spiggy

Indith Lamb Badami + rice and garlic naan
Kara Makhoni Tikka (chicken) + will share with Indith

sticky chicken Dupiaza + plain naan and pilau rice (want to share with someone)

Leggy chicken achar + veg pilau and peshwari naan (want to share with someone)

SPB - will choose on the night due to woeful lack of veggie dishes on the menu

Still to choose - Ischel, Britta and DrFrozen

FivesAndNorks Thu 29-Nov-12 15:28:29

Whatever I have I'd share rice + naan with sticky assuming she wants to

FivesAndNorks Thu 29-Nov-12 15:29:34

TBH I'd be happy to order one of the starters as my meal but not sure they'll like that...will see what they say on the night. Boring I may be but I'd rather have a lentil dahl than a biryani

Indith Thu 29-Nov-12 15:59:04

Mmmm lentil dahl <<eyes slow cooker>> must put that on a menu plan soon.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 29-Nov-12 16:02:28

Spiggy Methi chicken pilau + rice and naan (what kind?)
Golden Lamb Madras + will share with Spiggy

Indith Lamb Badami + rice and garlic naan
Kara Makhoni Tikka (chicken) + will share with Indith

sticky chicken Dupiaza + plain naan and pilau rice (will share with SPB)

Leggy chicken achar + veg pilau and peshwari naan (want to share with someone)

Still to choose - Ischel, Britta and DrFrozen

goldenretriever Thu 29-Nov-12 16:20:10

Spiggy - is plain naan ok?

11.30 great for taxi back. Indith - had a glance back at the thread and am absurdly pleased to be going on Saturday as, like you, as I found out that I was accepted on to a Midwifery degree this year! Have deferred it until September 2013 for various reasons, before I could be placed into the September 2012 or March 2013 intake. Tis a small world, after all!

FivesAndNorks Thu 29-Nov-12 16:21:51

Congratulations grin

Indith Thu 29-Nov-12 16:27:45

grin

Awesome!

I wonder if we interviewed on the same day?

I'm itching to meet you now, surely we have crossed paths before!

Indith Thu 29-Nov-12 16:28:14

Not that I wasn't looking forward to meeting you before.

FivesAndNorks Thu 29-Nov-12 16:31:45

Hope golden doesn't mind me saying, but we've figured out we used to work together smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 29-Nov-12 16:37:31

Small world!
Speaking of which, found out our vicar went to the same senior school I did!
Weird!
Indith, BTW Home bargains have some nativity costumes, there is one in my local shopping centre, I could have a look for you tomorrow or Saturday if you like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now