When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

North East Christmasish night out!

(188 Posts)
Indith Thu 18-Oct-12 15:57:05

dates suggested- 17th Nov, 24th Nov or 1st Dec? Majority vote wins.

Where? Cocktails in Ebony in Durham from 7/7.30 ish then on to wherever can fit us in with an 8.30 booking within tottering distance from Ebony. My vote would be The Capital grin.

Indith Tue 20-Nov-12 10:00:21

Indith
Spiggy
Golden
Leggy
Britta
Ischel
Kara
Dr Frozen
SPB

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 20-Nov-12 10:57:38

Yey you found the bear :D

goldenretriever Tue 20-Nov-12 16:29:55

Yey - there will be quite a few of us! Though am mildly worried if I go to Ebony beforehand rather than to the restaurant (though as am usually late this will proably not happen) I will be wandering up to random women, blinking in a confused manner at being out on a night and asking 'Indith?', 'Squiggy?'!!!!

Indith Tue 20-Nov-12 17:22:38

We can take a sign of some sort, we've done it before. What shall it be this year, any ideas?

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 20-Nov-12 19:39:01

Pom Bears, obvsiously smile

Indith Tue 20-Nov-12 20:27:00

A sign and an appetiser all rolled into one.

VikingLady Tue 20-Nov-12 20:28:52

Really wish I could make the Christmas do - I am sorely in need of getting utterly smashed (or at least tipsy)! V took a header off a changing table at the swimming baths yesterday and we spent the day in hospital, waiting to see if she had a brain haemmorhage..... She was fine btw. Not even a bump. I however require a stiff g&t before I can even think about recovering, and I can't because I am still bf!

<Glumly polishes worst Mother award>

Indith Tue 20-Nov-12 20:47:35

Ah we've all dropped them.let me tell you about the time an entire quarter of William's head bruised after an encounterw with the tap or the time I dislocated daisy's elbow some time.

juneybean Tue 20-Nov-12 21:20:52

Argh have the g&t, what's a little gin going to do!

Glad V is alright!

M broke his leg falling of a bed when he was 13 months.

We were both lying on the bed at the time but didn't move at all quickly enough.

And we waited 4 days before we took him to the hospital.

Where the plaster man gleefully told us that it was the smallest plaster that he'd ever done.

<grabs Worst Mother award off Viking and hugs it to her chest> and that's before we mention the delay in taking H to the hospital with severe allergic reaction

goldenretriever Wed 21-Nov-12 13:00:03

Ooooh, I love this thread. I was made to feel like a bad Mum by my OH and MIL because my 2 year old bumped her head at a pirates and princesses party last week end. Try looking after an excited 2 and 3 year old dressed in daft costumes by yourself. Grrr. I could do with a drink already... Not sure about which cunning sign for night out though...

Indith Wed 21-Nov-12 13:39:43

Bumped heads are 2 a penny. I'm sure the children have had at least one each today already. The baby has had several though that is his own fault, he will keep insisting on crawling under the coffee table.

Was it the triple party at Deerness by any chance on the 17th? I was there with dd and the baby. Neither of whom were either pirates or princesses because I forgot about that part.

I need some lunch.

I need some gin too.

When can I put the children to bed?

I shall bring a pombear picture. Won't bring a packet as don't want to get chucked out of ebony for bringing own food or something but I shall put a picture somewhere visible on the table. I'm hoping to feed the baby and get there early enough to be able to allow myself one not too alcoholic cocktail before I have to switch to virgins due to driving and co sleeping so hope someone else will be there with me otherwise me and the bear are going to look rather silly.

you KNOW I'm going to be there grin

I'll be bussing it because, despite all my talk last year of getting a hotel room DS2 still requires a feed in the night, although thankfully it seems to be averaging 4:30am rather than 11, 2, 4, 5 and 6.

Indith Wed 21-Nov-12 16:21:48

Ah well, next year you can get a room and I'll join you.

Well, separate rooms obviously.

VikingLady Wed 21-Nov-12 16:21:57

G&T tonight instead. She's back in her cot rather than my bed (she climbed over the side of her cot when I got her home so she's been in with us until we got round to lowering the base) so I won't drunkenly squish her.

It was 4' onto tiles. She's not a mark on her! But I still have a scar from when I cut my nose aged 3. My face slid down, you could see my skull and blood was squirting, but mum took me to the local doctor because she didn't want to bother the ambulance people. And I had a broken arm for 4 days before they took me to hospital by bus, aged 4..... So maybe I'm not the worst!

Do Pombears count as food?

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 21-Nov-12 16:32:38

Viking - glad V is okay! Babies are made of rubber though!

Could I extend invite to M (who probably won't come as A is teeny, though I will tell her to bring A if she wants!) and also another MNer friend who lives near Newcastle? Or is it too late? She is lovely, she is a baby wearer and has a gorgeous DD same age as mine.

Indith Wed 21-Nov-12 18:20:04

Who is the other MNer Kara? <<nosey>> I'm afraid I don't think it will be possible this time, I've added you and Frozen but to do that they can't actually seat us until 8.45. We will still go over at 8.30 and we can order and have a drink at the bar so it shouldn't push things too late (I for one am a bit worried about getting back too late with ds2 still being rather demanding on the milk front) but I don't think they'd cope with another 2 being added.

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 21-Nov-12 20:34:09

Oh that's fine! I hadn't mentioned to them as I had a feeling it might be a bit late!
I can't actually remember her MN nickname, she was on my AN/PN Jun 11 thread but we all live on FB now, in our secret group.

I shall have to remember to invite her to our weekly meet ups although it will depend on when she is free as she works part time.

Same with M!

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 21-Nov-12 20:36:26

I'm also wondering if it would be helpful for us to order in advance, didn't we do that last time we had a xmas do at The Capital?
linky to foody goodness of the Indian kind nom nom nom

Indith Wed 21-Nov-12 20:50:04

def helpful if people take a look at the menu before going so we can just order right away yes, thanks kara.

If you put down what you want here I shall write it down, if you would like to share rice and naan then say so ans hopefully we will pair off nicely.

Right, chicken achar with vegetable pilau for me. If anyone wants to share the rice and a peshwari naan, all the cinnamonny-goodness-better... ;-)

Indith Thu 22-Nov-12 11:30:16

I'm going to have Lamb Badami with pilau rice and garlic naan, pref someone will go halves on the rice and naan otherwise I'll end up being a great big pig because I can't possibly choose between them, curry without either is simply not possible.

Do we want poppadoms?

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 22-Nov-12 16:24:11

Indith I will share rice and naan with you!

I'll have a Makhoni Tikka (chicken).

Yes to popadoms!

Methi chicken for me. DH hates it so I don't get it very often.

I'll have a pilau and naan if anyone wants to share?

Oooooh it is nearly here! I am so going to need a drink at Ebony. I have a Christmas festival at nursery followed by a soft play party. And DH rostered himself for working that day without checking so I have to do it on my own with all 3 kids. argh.

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 23-Nov-12 08:39:53

Poppadums here too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now