When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

FUTURE LONDON MEET-UP TBC

(473 Posts)

Well someone had to start the new thread.

BigStickBIWI Thu 04-Oct-12 09:21:14

Ah, Hully! The Arch Puppeteer ... grin

Hullygully Thu 04-Oct-12 09:22:11

It was that puppet show from Sound of Music wot set me orf from a young age

HIGH ON A HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 04-Oct-12 09:56:30

Saturday 1st sounds a good'un, I can't do any other weekend in December anyway.

And November is just NEXT MONTH. That's too soon <frets>

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 04-Oct-12 09:57:30

I have never watched Sound of Music.

Only saw Mary Poppins for the first time recently, that Julie Andrews is a sinister cah.

needanswers Thu 04-Oct-12 09:58:43

If I can bring a BF baby - I'll pop in even if it's only for an hour!! Hmmm thinking if it's end Jan could make DH wander the streets of London with the baby and just bring bump to be fed every hour or 2.

Hullygully Thu 04-Oct-12 10:01:28

Gerrof, Frank, Hearts and Brian

Saturday 1 December.

On your marks...

Pagwatch Thu 04-Oct-12 10:05:23

Excellent needanswers.
Bring your baby and we can gather around sniffing its head and saying 'oh baby looks tired/to cold/too hot/ is making too much noise/shouldn't be in a pub! and hoik our bossoms right over our heads

needanswers Thu 04-Oct-12 10:07:57

I can make 1st baby will still be inside then!

Suchabadperson Thu 04-Oct-12 10:22:26

Marking place...

FrankWippery Thu 04-Oct-12 10:22:49

Ok. I'm on it! I'll throw some venue ideas in and we can go and test them out grin What does everyone want for this? Proper trash/party, sedate, meal?

Hullygully Thu 04-Oct-12 10:30:21

Frank, you are a bit tip top and no mistake.

I'll go with the flow on content. <so undemanding>

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 04-Oct-12 10:35:26

wine Any help with the testing, you know where I am.....

needanswers Thu 04-Oct-12 10:37:45

Like the idea of judgey hooked bossoms!!

I'm easy as I will be getting the 11 out of Victoria - I'd like to meet up earlier if poss with someone as I'll be going home same night.

Suchabadperson Thu 04-Oct-12 10:43:45

I am miles (and miles) away from London, but would love to come- if I can negotiate a hall pass with DP.

Excellent Frank. Thanks Hully. Sat 1st is far enough away that there should be nothing in the diary so far! I think it should either be then, e.g. early December, or after Christmas, e.g. mid-to-late-January because otherwise people are going to be caught up in RL Chrimbo chaos.

I quite liked the format of this most recent one - private area for us, lots of squidgy sofas to sit on, music not loud enough to drown out drivelling nonsense proper conversation, easy to move around the room and talk to lots of people, etc. Would be nice to be somewhere that didn't have last orders so early though.

BigStickBIWI Thu 04-Oct-12 11:35:38

Is it possible to apply for a licence extension?

I liked the format of this recent one, too. Although I appreciate that any Youngsters who might want to come would prefer Loud Musical Shenanigans.

Hullygully Thu 04-Oct-12 11:48:50

I do remember Podd leaning into my physog (shortly before falling over yet not spilling a drop) and saying rather menacingly DO YOU WANT TO DANCE? Like it was Shall I chop off their heads?

heh heh <blows kisses to Podd>

smoothieooo Thu 04-Oct-12 11:53:05

Marking my place as love the idea (yet will probably be too scared come the time). It's the squishy sofas that sold it to me grin

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 04-Oct-12 12:37:59

I don't like dancing tbh.

I do remember a slightly puzzled conversation with dolly where I said 'do you want to go somewhere else afterwards where there is music', and we both sat on the fence somewhat, before both annoucning FUCK another bar with music, let's go and take these shoes off.

I am also as deaf as a post so if there is loud music I may as well stand and talk to a portrait of the Queen Mother as I will be able to hear nowt .

Hullygully Thu 04-Oct-12 12:39:36

I read that as

and we both sat on her face somewhat

and was like, wow, that is really open n shit

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 04-Oct-12 12:40:08

I think somewhere with a late licence would be good - I remember the chorus of the bar's closed - you must be bloody JOKING' grin

I did like Southwark though.

Pagwatch Thu 04-Oct-12 12:40:19

I liked the last one too. Although I sat on the arm of the sofa as I was too shy to just chose someone to squish in next to.

Have we done tales from the evening yet. Has anyone told the one where Hully was accused of starting a 'middle class' thread and the force of her indignation literally knocked people over. It was awesome.

We should book platform. Lots of space and free nutritional advice from the waiting staff.

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 04-Oct-12 12:40:52

HONESTLY.

Talk about lowering the tone. where's DaftPunk

Hullygully Thu 04-Oct-12 12:42:10

Shes got her legs wrapped round our pag

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Thu 04-Oct-12 12:42:20

Hahaha at the nutritional advice.

EAT YOUR GREENS and EAT SOME PUDDING and DO AS YOU ARE TOLD

I imagine that is how the sanatoria of soviet russia were managed, but with less pretty shoes and alcohol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now