When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

MN meet-up etiquette

(39 Posts)
BrainSurgeon Thu 06-Sep-12 15:13:18

AIBU to ask..... what's the etiquette at a MN meet-up?

I know how a work do goes, I get friends/family parties but meeting with other MN-tters.... I don't know what to say or do!?

(Not helped by the fact that I don't drink so feel quite threatened by the amounts of booze people seem to want to consume) wink

Any advice or previous experiences?

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Mon 10-Sep-12 16:04:57

Hearts that is a lovely thing to say. Can't help feeling that you are going to be disappointed when you meet me and think I am a grouchy cow grin

CMOTDibbler Mon 10-Sep-12 16:10:02

I go to a local meetup - we have dinner in a pub, which was entertaining the first time I went and had to say to the barman that I was looking for Mnetters.
But we have a great time, and I'm quite shy irl

BrainSurgeon Mon 10-Sep-12 16:21:44

Don't say that Getorf, I have very high hopes for my meeting with you - no pressure wink

BrainSurgeon Mon 10-Sep-12 16:22:45

Ha ha Dibbler that's lovely - where are you? I'm in the SE, can I join?

CMOTDibbler Mon 10-Sep-12 16:29:20

I'm in the Midlands, so would be a long drive for you ! But I stalk GetOrf in Waitrose wink

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Mon 10-Sep-12 16:33:22

grin CMOt. You were one of the first mners I knew who lived near me grin

Brain I shall call you brian all evening grin

BrainSurgeon Mon 10-Sep-12 16:39:20

That's OK Getorf, I already turn when someone calls "Brian" around me <silly cow>

bigTillyMint Tue 11-Sep-12 17:27:15

Hi Brain, I'm going too!

And can I just say that GetOrf is not an ageing ruddy-faced flat-cap-wearing type - she is young tall and glamenvy

BrainSurgeon Tue 11-Sep-12 18:19:47

Hi Tilly - I take it it's not your first meet-up, since you know Getorf.... Any tips for a first timer?

EdgarAllanPond Tue 11-Sep-12 18:24:02

bigtillymint is tall and glam also, and wears a playsuit with elan.

BrainSurgeon Tue 11-Sep-12 18:25:30

Cheers Edgar, that helps with my confidence.... Not! wink

bigTillyMint Tue 11-Sep-12 19:05:26

Ha! Edgar, you are my new BFF - I don't usually get described as glam! And as I have not lost even an ounce of my Christmas/Easter/Summer excess weight, I will not even be looking slim!

Don't panic, Brain, I am probably 300years older than yousmile

BrainSurgeon Tue 11-Sep-12 20:53:40

Phew wink

In all honesty, I am not that worried about how I look, I just wish my social skills were better....

BrainSurgeon Tue 11-Sep-12 20:54:17

Either that or that I could hold my drink better!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now