When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

bollocks, the bay has started leaking again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

VikingLady Wed 28-Nov-12 09:25:37

<smug in rented house, all leaks are Someone Else's Problem>

grin

Indith Wed 28-Nov-12 09:41:53

We seem to have it seeping in at windowsill level in ds1's room.

And I've been up since 3.30am.

And the sleep wasn't up to much before then.

I have already had cake.

But the advantage of snotty child hardly feeding I have already added 10oz to the freezer so dh is sorted for milk on saturday grin.

Indith Wed 28-Nov-12 17:30:08

does anyone have an animal dress up they could bring on sat they don't mind lending to ds1 for school nativity? it is on the 11th.

FivesAndNorks Wed 28-Nov-12 18:03:05

I'll have a look. We have mouse/rabbit thing but think it.may be small. Welcome to try though.

Indith Wed 28-Nov-12 18:30:56

Sorry I was on the new android app that last post and I don't like it, hence short post.

Thanks SPB for the offer, sadly I don't think it qualifies.

Ds1 needs an animal that owuld have been in the stable when Jesus was born so a donkey, cow, sheep etc. Please someone have one I have no desire to try to find a nativity animal at this time of year in Asda!

Right my offspring are trying to trash the bathroom, I should probably attend to them.

I've been up since 3.30am. I need caffeine.

FivesAndNorks Wed 28-Nov-12 21:04:09

but he is an animal that was in the stable when Jesus was born. Human. Send him in in his uniform grin

FivesAndNorks Wed 28-Nov-12 21:05:16

and I bet that stable was riddled with mice
(that said we seem to have more rabbit ears than mouse ears)

Indith Wed 28-Nov-12 21:31:36

grin

what time shall we book a taxi for?

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 29-Nov-12 08:18:00

I'd lend you my DS's but I am pretty certain there were no crocodiles in the stable grin.
What size do you need? I'll ask around my local mummies?

goldenretriever Thu 29-Nov-12 10:03:10

Unfortunately my costume repertoire consists of elf, pirate and princesses at the moment, not very manger-ish, I'm afraid.

Don't mind when the taxi is booked for - anyone thinking 11 ish? Will go with the flow. Small brain is very frazzled...

Indith Fri 30-Nov-12 09:17:20

Fecking rowing

<<fumes>>

FivesAndNorks Fri 30-Nov-12 09:28:35

What's up? Does this mean you won't be getting a lie in on Sunday?

Indith Fri 30-Nov-12 09:46:03

No he's rowing all day Saturday so I will definitely be getting the Sunday lie in!

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 02-Dec-12 10:25:35

Did you get your lie in?

Reminder - next meet up, Tuesday December 11th, 10.30 at the Slug and Lettuce.

VikingLady Sun 02-Dec-12 17:46:25

Will be there this time. Monday would have been better though so I have an excuse to avoid swimming

I'll be on my way to York by that point on Tuesday alas.

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 05-Dec-12 12:53:38

Leggy - are you free to meet up for a coffee on Queen's Campus on the 18th? I think I will be childfree as I am sure that is the week CM asked to have DD mon/tue instead of tue/thu.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 06-Dec-12 07:43:59

Meetup 11th! Have invited another mner friend she is hoping to come too.smile

Ala, 18th is our Xmas dinner at Durham! Might not be back to QC at all until next Autumn now! (Should probably tidy my stuff up on my desk before baby though! Will let you know when I schedule that.)

OoohTrifle Thu 06-Dec-12 21:01:33

If the A1 isn't a white out like yesterday and we are free from the lurgy, love to slide along to the next meet up and drink wine, stuff face with cake, oh ok, meet you lovely people.

Indith Thu 06-Dec-12 22:00:31

yay do come trifle! smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 07-Dec-12 10:37:56

The more the merrier smile

Tuesday 11th, Slug & Lettuce (near the Gala Theatre) about 10.30am.

oooh that would be nice.

would everyone mind whispering today. I have a bit of a sore head...

Indith Sat 08-Dec-12 10:19:41

<<hands Spiggy's children recorders and runs away>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now