When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

Right, I may be tempting fate but ... I think Pre-baby task #1 is moreorless complete - T has been compeltely dry for the last 4 days, and only one accident in the 48 hours before that. Over the weekend she managed to stay dry while out and about in town, at a party and during her naps by asking for potty and waiting sometiems a few minutes to get to one.

On Saturday I moved all the nappy stuff back through to the nursery; only the disposible night nappies remain, and they're dry half the time too. It felt oddly emotional!

Now... anyone got tips on getting her to stay asleep without coming for a cuddle at 5am? Or at least getting to the potty on her own on the way so I don't have to get up?! It was an unanticipated and unwelcome side effect of day-time potty training!

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 19-Nov-12 16:00:20

No tips I'm afraid!!
Cara's sleep atm is beyond awful, I am seriously losing the will to live after 4-5 nights of her using me as a dummy for 2-3 hours from 3am shock

Am in need of cake refreshment, anyone free for a meet up next Tuesday?

Viking - I've still got some stuff for Verity here, I might also have a few bits for Arthur, Indith!

Marking place, having found you at last grin

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 20-Nov-12 08:46:44

Scratch what I said about next Tuesday, I can't do it - DH has told me he wants to take that off so we can go Christmas Shopping. Maybe I'll suggest Durham as we will be child free and we could go to Café Continental grin

VikingLady Tue 20-Nov-12 20:28:03

Hi Kara

I'll try and make the next meet up! Thank you. If the next one is within reach of the train station and on a Mon/Tue I should be able to make it.

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 21-Nov-12 16:37:03

How about in two weeks? Tuesday 4th December? We could do slug and lettuce?
I will be child free as I am being mean and leaving DD at the CMs so I can selfishly eat cake without running around after the child who keeps climbing up the stairs. However it means I will be free to hold other babies and shepherd small children to allow other mummies to eat cake and even do the holy grail of going to loo in private :D

juneybean Thu 22-Nov-12 16:25:12

I went to the nightmare that is the metro centre today. Was queuing in M&S for nigh on 20 minutes <flops>

I may be able to do 4th!

pants. Can't do the 4th, I'm having to swap days that week to do some interviews. Am free both the Mon and Tues the week after if anyone fancies meeting then?

sillymillyb Thu 22-Nov-12 20:37:56

Oooh, can anyone join this group? I live in Newcastle, and remember seeing this thread when I was pregnant - but thought I should wait till I have a real life baby before attempting to gate crash!

I'm in Newcastle, but go to Durham quite a lot for a wander smile

juneybean Thu 22-Nov-12 21:16:16

Welcome! I should hope they don't discriminate against those without children yet smile

Hello sillymilly, everyone is welcome- I'm actually S Tyneside but travel to Durham for the cake pleasure of everybody's company smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 23-Nov-12 16:25:22

Okay, shall we make it the 11th? Juney, can you make the 11th?
Silly - you are very welcome!

Indith Fri 23-Nov-12 16:29:23

Hello Sillymilly, welcome smile

The 11th is setting of alarm bells in my brain. When I've worked out what those are for I will let you know. Probably something nativity or school phot or carol concert related...

FivesAndNorks Fri 23-Nov-12 16:29:33

Hi everyone smile
Kara thank you for birthday message smile

juneybean Fri 23-Nov-12 16:46:50

I could do the 10th... but I start work at 1pm on the 11th.

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 23-Nov-12 16:57:22

Just told my friend M, she can make the 11th. Fingers crossed Indith can make it too!

Five - you are welcome grin

VikingLady Fri 23-Nov-12 18:48:16

I can do 10th or 11th. Hopefully. I'll keep V in bubble wrap until then...

Hello Five smile

try that Viking and you'll find that she'll do something like eat the bubble wrap. Then you'll have to explain that to A&E.

Why is it that one time that we actually manage to get time off work the bloody office has to shut? And DH has to spend a large portion of our day off organising cover from the rest of the country <sigh> Ah well meant I got to write a bit more of this bloody report I have to produce.

goldenretriever Sat 24-Nov-12 11:14:32

Would have liked to have gone too, but am at a works Xmas lunch on the 11th + some nursery Xmas thing later....

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 25-Nov-12 08:58:52

Don't worry golden, hopefully you can make the next one. We have them fairly regularly.

I went over to the new local page- it was looking rather bare but there were a few people asking about meet ups (on a thread Viking started when she was pg!) so I pointed them in this direction.

<waves to any lurkers> Come and say hello!

OoohTrifle Tue 27-Nov-12 15:40:37

<enters with flowers and red wine>

Ah, that'll be me then. Everyone is here. I thought it was a little light on potential chat! Hello everyone and thank you SSS. What's the cake action like in Durham then?

<accepts red wine gratefully> I knew you looked a good sort grin

Cake action in Durham is so good I travel from S Tyneside for it. As you can see we are trying to organise a meet up around the 11th at the Slug and Lettuce- they do BOGOF on cake so we visit quite frequently. Come along- we are usually easy to spot. I'm the harrassed looking one trying to stop DS2 from escaping and DD from strangling DS2.

Now please someone tell me it is an acceptable time to open this wine. It's been a long day.

Indith Tue 27-Nov-12 17:10:38

Tis Winter. The sun is well over the yard arm. Open the wine.

Hello Trifle!

I really should ventrue back over to the local bit. I hear there are fancy group meet ups bit and stuff, might make it easier if we move our regular thread over.

Dd's nativity is the 12th so I think I'm fine for the 11th, I should even have the car. I don't usually on Tuesdays but it is ds1's nativity that evening and I will have to be there before dh gets home from wherever he goes on a Tuesday so if he takes the car and leaves me to walk in teh dark after bedtime with all 3 dcs I swear I will hunt him down and kill him.

Yay!

When is it going to stop sodding raining? Am sick of it. I keep having to check to see if the leaks have started up again. Everything is soggy, all the cars driving past the house at 3am make a big wooshy, splashy noise and it is just unpleasant. <grumble>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now